MIKA in Boston

Giedrusia_NY

Yay guys! The reports sound awesome so far!

So you had to buy a CD in order to meet him?

Oh, and if you get your bags checked and they find a camera...will they take it away? I know that each venue is different, but the one in Atlanta is "absolutely no cameras, etc allowed" so I'm hoping that they won't take away my camera and give it back to me afterwards...I probably won't take any photos during the concert because I'll be all crazy and hyper/won't want to bother getting it out and diverting my attention away from Mika, but I have to have it for afterwards...

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and if you get your bags checked and they find a camera...will they take it away? I know that each venue is different, but the one in Atlanta is "absolutely no cameras, etc allowed" so I'm hoping that they won't take away my camera and give it back to me afterwards...I probably won't take any photos during the concert because I'll be all crazy and hyper/won't want to bother getting it out and diverting my attention away from Mika, but I have to have it for afterwards...

yeah a little more about the cameras thing....

i was worried about that too because i would freak if i couldnt take ANY pictures, and the DC show the night before didnt allow any at all apparently

but they never said a single thing about cameras and a guy checking my bag for foood (no food or water was allowed inside) he must have seen my camera and didnt say anything, and everyone was clicking away alll night (i took some video clips and stuff too) and it was not a problem at all

the only time cameras was an issue was after @ the meet and greet type deal where he signed stuff, you werent allowed to like pose with him, you had to give your camera to the security guy to take a pic of u while he signed your thing, to move stuff along. they were very adamant about not taking a long time in the line and moving people along, etc.

if they try to take the camera, give them the batteries instead.

if they try to take the camera, give them the batteries instead.

Awesome idea, Nicka!

I wonder if they have a problem with cellphones cameras...:naughty: I really could care less if I get my cell taken away...the thing sucks anyway.

I don't think it was Ida, in DC anyway it was definitely Lorna, who's also the lollipop girl. People talked about meeting her in the Chicago thread, I think?

--Jack

She was the kind soul who delivered my present to Mika. I officially love her. :wub2:

ok guys just let you know that i'm back home in Montreal and I was with Sunshine and her friend!!!I take the bus this morning but sunshine was taking it this afternoon!

I gonna tell you my report just in a couple of minutes!

Natie x

ok guys just let you know that i'm back home in Montreal and I was with Sunshine and her friend!!!I take the bus this morning but sunshine was taking it this afternoon!

Natie x

HIIIIIIIII ! WELCOME BACK!!!

Yeah

Who were the MFC girls in front with the headbands and ****e

And I remember the drunken twenty year olds

And the creepy old guy who was in his 50s with like, 20 teenage daughters following him

And that jacket he was wearing when he came out = gorgeous

Does anyone know who the girl was who sang Happy Ending with him? I know he said it was a college friend, but I thought she looked a little like him- like the cheekbone and jaw area- so she might have been one of the sisters

Was this the girl you're asking about (below to the right?)

IMG_0200.jpg

If it's her - I met her at the CHICAGO gig and we had a chat. She's often both "Lollipop Girl" and sings the duet with MIKA. I asked her if she was related to MIKA, and she said "no". She is "just a friend" (?) Her name is Lorna.

Was this the girl you're asking about (below to the right?)

IMG_0200.jpg

If it's her - I met her at the CHICAGO gig and we had a chat. She's often both "Lollipop Girl" and sings the duet with MIKA. I asked her if she was related to MIKA, and she said "no". She is "just a friend" (?) Her name is Lorna.

omg... the girl on the jet ski!

Hi. I am a fellow oldling, and I can certainly relate. I was unable to go to Boston. My heart and mind are "young," but I have had surgery on my back twice. Standing in one place is the hardest thing for me to do. Does Mika ever perform at a venue with seating? I purchased tickets for Boston instead of NYC, because the latter stated it would be standing only. My tix for the Boston show gave seat numbers. I wouldn't have known otherwise if I hadn't called. I would go to a show anyway if it had been closer. I checked out flights there, but they were over $1,000. I love this guy, but that's a lot of money. Anyway, I'm enjoying the pics and reactions to the concert. Thanks guys; keep it up. You're all great! :)

Natie x

Looking forward to hearing it. I was starting to wonder if you and Sunshine ran off with the band!

I was taking the bus at 11h15 in montreal tuesday night to be early in the venue!While waiting I met Sunshine and her friend so we are 3 to go and see Mika in Boston!we where all excited and happy and talk about Mika that was fun !We arrived at Boston at 6h30 in the morning and we went eat breakfest

after that I went to sunshine and her friend Hotel because my room was not ready yet I prepare myself a bit and said to the girls that I want to go at the venue early to be in front!So I went, it was maybe 10h30 I was first and It was so cold .The truck was there and roadie was entering the instruments,the carbage can ,the confetti the costume !I was so excited to see the concert !in the afternoon sunshine and her friend join me and we waited with other fan in line!I had a t-shirt to give to Mika and I was hoping to give him before the show(Avoca if you read this it was my drawing that i put on the mika's birthday card .I remove Happy birthday mika and put Hip,hip hip parade )I'll show you the drawing after his birthday So he was running late for the soundcheck and i didn't see him!in the line there where guys who sold Mika's cd to get a chance to meeting him after the concert!

I said alright this is my chance to give him my t-shirt!

When they open the door we went in front of this little stage that they put in front of the bigger stage so let me tell you that we where so excited super places!I never see Mika before and he was totally awesome !He as such a beautiful voice live he dance so gooood ! all his move was so beautiful!

He his an amazing PERFORMER!!!He sang the entire album plus Holy Johnny

sweet dreams and the jackson five cover! At Love today he take off his shirt when he was drumming At sweet dreams he make's his sexy move It was so perfect and realy good.The show was amazing!!!!He was so close that we can touch him so many time but we didn't by respect!All his sexy move just in front of us(realy close) I can't tell you how it feels!:shocked:

For lollipop he was a lion this time!So after the concert we waited in line

to see him ,we told that we can't take picture with him I was a bit dissapointed but I got my chance to give him my t-shirt! It so crasy his sick,

his lost his voice and the poor guy signed OMG hundreds of hundreds cd AFTER a show that he give is 200% I feel so bad for him when I saw all the peoples waiting!!We all wanted a little bit of him (a picture ,an sign cd)they make us happybut he needs REST he was exhauted!!!!!

When he was my turn I tell him Bonjour Mika on vient de Montreal ( hello Mika we are from Montreal)He said Bonjour(hi) and tell me if it was me that send him on his myspace a message that we are going to Boston and I said no it's sunshine,so he talk with her, I let her write her story! he ask if we had a good trip and I said that it was hard to sleep on the bus! he sign my cd and I give him my t-shirt he look at the t shirt very intensely look at all the

cartoon that I draw and said to me who did it I said me and he said realy and then he said sign it please he gave me is sharpy and let me signed

his t-shirt the one that i gave him(I said to myself wow he give me a sign cd and I give him a sign t-shirt), what a sweetheart he make me very special !!!

After that we went outside and they were fan who was waiting for him

A guy tell us that Mika was not feeling well that he was not sign anything and not taking pictures and said understand please!!!When Mika went out he came to fans and sign things and take picture!He try to talk and he has no voice left(poor baby!)It started to rain and the guy said stop and said to Mika It's start to rain and you had to go in the car! and a girl said to him would you marry me and he took his hawaien neckless that he has on him and put it on her neck and everybody was saying ohhhhhhhhh!!!!!(sweet mika!)he his so nice with everybody! I was so tired and went to the Hotel and sleep ! You have to see him live! He his so AMAZING! what a night!!!

Sorry for my poor english,french is my first language and I try my best to put my feeling to words and it's not easy! By the way he is so cute when he talks french!!!!

Natie x

Wow Natie what a trip!

I was really sad yesterday not to have gone with you and sunshine... But reading the report make me feel good, like I live it par procuration!

I'm so happy for you and can't wait to read sunshine report!

Next time he's close to Montreal, I won't miss him!

Sorry for my poor english,french is my first language and I try my best to put my feeling to words and it's not easy! By the way he is so cute when he talks french!!!!

Natie x

Oh, Natie, your English was fine! And what a great story! But poor Mika! I'm

glad he didn't cancel your show for your sake, but he really needs some time off

to recover!

Thanks for writing it all up for us! :)

dcdeb

Oh my gosh, Natie, what a wonderful report! It's so cute that he had you sign the shirt you gave him! :wub2: He is SUCH a sweetheart, I can't even believe it.

And I hope he feels better! Hopefully having today off gave him some time to recuperate.

Oh Natie, that's wonderful! That's so exciting that he loved the shirt and he remembered Sunshine sent him a message.

That's too bad about his cold. Poor guy. I hope he gets some rest today and feels better.

Thanks so much for your report. I hope I'm there with you next time but this is the next best thing!