MIKA in Boston

Giedrusia_NY

waiting for reports!

i hope everyone had a BLAST!!!!!!!!

Sivan you made my heart stop, I thought the reports must be up already!! :roftl: :roftl: It's only 10.20pm, they would have to get home quick and type quick for that!!:shocked:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well....mika was AWESOME, as expected. Some of the highlights inluded:

1..sweet dreams (eurythmics cover)

2..extended version of "love today" culminating in a "speccial performance" by mika where he ran around without his shirt on waving drumsticks like a maniac

3..lollipop....all the band members were wearing animals suits. in addition, huge balloons were passed around and confetti sprayed wildly!

4..jackson five cover

5..our outfits...we were the ones running around in metallic hotshorts and spandex pants, if you saw us :D (we'll post a picture later)

we didn't get any pics of the show becuase we had to check our bags...and didnt want to worry about taking pictures...and ones that you guys took would be highly appreciated!!! : )

all in all.....a wicked fun night!!!!!

well....mika was AWESOME, as expected. Some of the highlights inluded:

1..sweet dreams (eurythmics cover)

2..extended version of "love today" culminating in a "speccial performance" by mika where he ran around without his shirt on waving drumsticks like a maniac

3..lollipop....all the band members were wearing animals suits. in addition, huge balloons were passed around and confetti sprayed wildly!

4..jackson five cover

5..our outfits...we were the ones running around in metallic hotshorts and spandex pants, if you saw us :D (we'll post a picture later)

we didn't get any pics of the show becuase we had to check our bags...and didnt want to worry about taking pictures...and ones that you guys took would be highly appreciated!!! : )

all in all.....a wicked fun night!!!!!

Oh that's awesome! :biggrin2: Sounds like SO much fun!

Soooo..I guess it's every OTHER gig that Mika takes his shirt off during Love Today then? :naughty:

Wow! Boston got the "Shirtless Love Today" too? :thumb_yello:

Hoping that's a sign that his chest infection is better...

Happy that more MIKA love has spread to all of you!

just got home a little while ago...

okay so he was INCREDIBLE to start with

i got there around 4 and there was maybe 20-25 people there? so we waited and stuff, and bought the cd to get the wristband to meet him and have him sign it afterwards. (i already bought the cd for $10 instead of this one was $12 but oh well i didnt even think twice i was so excited!)

adn so we went in the doors opened at 6 i think and we all kinda rushed to the doors (definately didnt want to waste time checking bags and buying the shirts and whatnot .. ill order one online instead...) and we waited forever it seemed. the opening act was good but everyone wwas just so anxious for mika. before the concert even started there was a girl behind me pushing me and bumping into me and pulling my hair and leaning on me and it was really bugging me because nothing had even started yet and she was driving me nuts! but then when teh opening act started she collapsed and had to be taken ouit but security... that was strange i felt bad & i hope shes okay but she wasnt exactly nice at all.

also there were these really rude huge drunk guys in their 20s that pushed their way extremely rudely to the front and kept pushing and bumping into everyone, and i almost got in a fight with him, i appologize to everyone around because it was pretty nasty but he was such a jerk oh my god! and he accused me of pushing him and he was just a complete jerk and really ruined the time for a bunch of people, it was totally unnecessary.

mika was SO WORTH IT though! he was so amazing, we were so close (2nd-3rd row back, left side of the middle sticky-out part of the stage.. near some other MFC people who had awesome ... MFC thingys and boas and stuff!) and i got some decent pics and videos. the best part by far was when mika took his shirt off and was going around on stage up on top of the drums and then wailing on the trash can thing! omg i almost died. heh well anyways i wont describe every second of the thing, because this is logn enough already, but it was AMAZING and mika was beautiful and so energetic and just phenomenal and so was the band! i love them sooo much i wish i could see them and meet them and such, i really want to know more about them they deserve some more recognition, it would be good if he introduced them because he really doesnt.

anyways afterwards we waited in line to meet him and we were kinda towards the end because someone told us the wrong place to be! ugh. and so the security people were not very nice but mika signed our stuff and he was very sweet, though i totally choked up and couldnt even talk when i saw him which i totally regret, but my friend haley got a kiss on the cheek! i was like ahhhhh!!

oh and did anyone notice the video cameras and stuff, filming mika and especially the people waiting in line after? does anyone know what that was all about and have they been filming @ the other shows?

anyways i love mika sooooo much, i cant even say, i hope everyone had a good time who was there, i want to hear all about it from your view and such.

i hope i can see him again soon, he said he would be back in september! which would be so awesome except ill be @ college in vermont so idk how it would work but im soo bound determined to see him again asap!

<3!!!

i got there around 4 and there was maybe 20-25 people there? so we waited and stuff, and bought the cd to get the wristband to meet him and have him sign it afterwards. (i already bought the cd for $10 instead of this one was $12 but oh well i didnt even think twice i was so excited!)

adn so we went in the doors opened at 6 i think and we all kinda rushed to the doors (definately didnt want to waste time checking bags and buying the shirts and whatnot .. ill order one online instead...) and we waited forever it seemed. the opening act was good but everyone wwas just so anxious for mika. before the concert even started there was a girl behind me pushing me and bumping into me and pulling my hair and leaning on me and it was really bugging me because nothing had even started yet and she was driving me nuts! but then when teh opening act started she collapsed and had to be taken ouit but security... that was strange i felt bad & i hope shes okay but she wasnt exactly nice at all.

also there were these really rude huge drunk guys in their 20s that pushed their way extremely rudely to the front and kept pushing and bumping into everyone, and i almost got in a fight with him, i appologize to everyone around because it was pretty nasty but he was such a jerk oh my god! and he accused me of pushing him and he was just a complete jerk and really ruined the time for a bunch of people, it was totally unnecessary.

mika was SO WORTH IT though! he was so amazing, we were so close (2nd-3rd row back, left side of the middle sticky-out part of the stage.. near some other MFC people who had awesome ... MFC thingys and boas and stuff!) and i got some decent pics and videos. the best part by far was when mika took his shirt off and was going around on stage up on top of the drums and then wailing on the trash can thing! omg i almost died. heh well anyways i wont describe every second of the thing, because this is logn enough already, but it was AMAZING and mika was beautiful and so energetic and just phenomenal and so was the band! i love them sooo much i wish i could see them and meet them and such, i really want to know more about them they deserve some more recognition, it would be good if he introduced them because he really doesnt.

anyways afterwards we waited in line to meet him and we were kinda towards the end because someone told us the wrong place to be! ugh. and so the security people were not very nice but mika signed our stuff and he was very sweet, though i totally choked up and couldnt even talk when i saw him which i totally regret, but my friend haley got a kiss on the cheek! i was like ahhhhh!!

oh and did anyone notice the video cameras and stuff, filming mika and especially the people waiting in line after? does anyone know what that was all about and have they been filming @ the other shows?

anyways i love mika sooooo much, i cant even say, i hope everyone had a good time who was there, i want to hear all about it from your view and such.

i hope i can see him again soon, he said he would be back in september! which would be so awesome except ill be @ college in vermont so idk how it would work but im soo bound determined to see him again asap!

<3!!!

OMIGOD! Glad you had a blast - I'm reading your report and it almost sounds like you're out of breath!

How or why did your friend get a kiss?!!!! (so jealous!)

<3!!!

Oh my god, what's with all these rude people shoving everyone? :annoyed_h4h: I'm glad your concert experience wasn't completely marred by that because everything else sounds like it was amazing! :biggrin2:

And YAY another place he's going to in September...I can't wait till these dates are announced!!! I think I'm about to faint/cry.

Suzy i was so jealous too!

she kinda leaned in to give him a kiss on teh cheek (i cant believe she was so brave... or compulsive... or both! lol) and he kissed her back on her cheek it was so amazing i almost died! im so jealous but so excited.

and Katherine, i was surprised and how pushy everyone was, maybe it was just around me. there were definately some really nice people but there were definatley some really not nice people. =\

mika was reeeaaaalllll niceeeeeeeee =] *coughshirtlesstrashcan/drummingrampagecough*

Haha, Mika takes his shirt off every other gig, eh? I'm going to hope that means he's feeling better... I don't really care about the shirt though, I'm just as glad that he didn't because I think the people behind me woul have killed me then... But fun for you!

And I'm glad that people got to meet him again!

--Jack

P.S.

before the concert even started there was a girl behind me pushing me and bumping into me and pulling my hair and leaning on me and it was really bugging me because nothing had even started yet and she was driving me nuts!

Maybe it was the same girl who was behind me? Geez, we should go to Mika gigs in body armor! A warning to the NY people, I guess... prepare for a fight!

<3!!!

sounds great! glad u had fun :)

did u see veronique maybe??? with her friend? they came from montreal :)

Oh man. (feels sorry for self) Not that it's all about being shirtless or anything... but.... oh man.

:naughty: Anyhoo-

Am liking the reports so far... MIKA MANIA IS EVERYWHERE!! :punk:

whatt ive been looking for this thread everywhere i cant believe its a few pages down the list!!!!!

Great reports everyone and it looks like Mika has got into a habit of ripping his shirt off during love today :wub2:

Its a shame that some people feel neccessary to push their way through to the front and tightly so i would have been upset aswell :boxed:

whatt ive been looking for this thread everywhere i cant believe its a few pages down the list!!!!!

Great reports everyone and it looks like Mika has got into a habit of ripping his shirt off during love today :wub2:

Its a shame that some people feel neccessary to push their way through to the front and tightly so i would have been upset aswell :boxed:

Well, when tootch made some comments to the boys pushing and shoving

around her on Tuesday night, one of them wisecracked, "It's a concert --

get over it." As oldlings, we thought maybe being rude, pushy and

obnoxious was now the prevailing attitude... :thumbdown:

In any case, great reports from Boston so far -- If you saw MFC'ers with

boas that may well have been Vero -- she said that they were wearing boas!

Can't wait to hear more and see some photos! :biggrin2:

dcdeb

<3!!!

wow that sounds like you had a great night! :thumb_yello: and it seems like there are idiots everywhere even at mikaconcerts :thumbdown:

can't wait to here more reports!

Well, when tootch made some comments to the boys pushing and shoving

around her on Tuesday night, one of them wisecracked, "It's a concert --

get over it." As oldlings, we thought maybe being rude, pushy and

obnoxious was now the prevailing attitude... :thumbdown:

dcdeb

As an oldling I remember things could get pretty bad back in the day. Even if you had actual seats hundreds of people would crush to the front of the stage and security allowed it to happen. Their jobs were just to make sure no one got up on the stage and threw themselves at the singer, not to keep everyone in their seats. I was actually trampled once!

As much as I'd love to get up close for Mika (and others) I usually show up late to shows and hang back a bit. I was lucky that the Toronto venue was so small and there was a raised area very close to the stage. I got close enough to see the expressions on his face and have an unobstructed view because everyone who was up against the stage was a few feet below me and I was level with Mika.

Icanbevioletsky, I really appreciate your eyewitness account. I love living vicariously through MFCers and seeing the videos and pictures. :thumb_yello:

Yeah

Who were the MFC girls in front with the headbands and ****e

And I remember the drunken twenty year olds

And the creepy old guy who was in his 50s with like, 20 teenage daughters following him

And that jacket he was wearing when he came out = gorgeous

Does anyone know who the girl was who sang Happy Ending with him? I know he said it was a college friend, but I thought she looked a little like him- like the cheekbone and jaw area- so she might have been one of the sisters

Yeah

Who were the MFC girls in front with the headbands and ****e

And I remember the drunken twenty year olds

And the creepy old guy who was in his 50s with like, 20 teenage daughters following him

And that jacket he was wearing when he came out = gorgeous

Does anyone know who the girl was who sang Happy Ending with him? I know he said it was a college friend, but I thought she looked a little like him- like the cheekbone and jaw area- so she might have been one of the sisters

I feel like a bit of stalker here but, her name (according to LICM credits) is Ida Falk Winland, and she studies at the Royal College of Music. At first I didn't think it was her with him in the states but then found a photo

http://www.fujixerox.co.jp/event/ayo/images/soloist2.jpg (actually from an old MFC thread!) so am thinking now it is?? I know she had never been to the states before as Mika told us she was super excited to be going on tour there (it was too expensive for her to come to Aus for one show)

Like I said, please don't think I am a stalker:shocked:

I feel like a bit of stalker here but, her name (according to LICM credits) is Ida Falk Winland, and she studies at the Royal College of Music. At first I didn't think it was her with him in the states but then found a photo

http://www.fujixerox.co.jp/event/ayo/images/soloist2.jpg (actually from an old MFC thread!) so am thinking now it is?? I know she had never been to the states before as Mika told us she was super excited to be going on tour there (it was too expensive for her to come to Aus for one show)

I'm thinking Ida didn't come to AUS 'cause she was so afraid of the MFC stalkers there!!! LOL, just kidding. It's great to have such great research skills and thanks for sharing 'cause I was wondering who she was too!:thumb_yello: :thumb_yello:

I'm thinking Ida didn't come to AUS 'cause she was so afraid of the MFC stalkers there!!! LOL, just kidding. It's great to have such great research skills and thanks for sharing 'cause I was wondering who she was too!:thumb_yello: :thumb_yello:

So it wasn't lollipop girl this time ? Or were they 2 girls singing with him ? In London they were 2...

Nah-hah !! Jolene ??!! It's just good research girlfriend !!!:punk: Stalker ?

PPPFFFttt !!! Silly Billy !!!:biggrin2::thumb_yello: