MIKA in Boston

Giedrusia_NY

Natie!! That was (as people have said before) amazing!!! I can't believe he gave that girl his necklace and asked you to sign his shirt!!!! Absolutely amazing!

That's one of my fav accounts!

:)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

alright people I'm here and I got so much to say and pictures to show you !!!!

let me just gather my thoughts cause now all I can say is OMG!!!

Yay I'm so excited to hear all about it! Natie's report was already amazing and I can't wait to hear more and get another dose of Mika madness! :biggrin2:

Ok so here I go.... I'll try not to be too long but it's hard !!! So Natie told you about how our trip went and how the day went by, no need to go over that again ! By the way Natie I'm so glad I got to share this with you, you were such a sweetheart !!!!

So like Natie said we waited a couple of hours in the cold to get in but it was all worth it. We made some nice friends while queuing and a couple of them were very impressed that we came all the way from Montréal to see him in Boston ! When the doors opened we made a run for the stage, we really wanted to be in the first row ! The girls that were waiting in line with us said they were gonna make sure we would get in front cause since we travelled all this way to see him, we deserved to have the best places !!! They were so nice !!!!

Alright so we had the BEST SPOT in the house... really it was physically impossible to get any closer.... we could rest our arms on the stage... they even warned us before the show started to be careful and watch our finger and make sure Mika wouldn't jump on them ! lol !!!!

The first act, Sara Bareilles, was REALLY good... I loved it ! She had such a beautiful voice and she seemed like a sweetheart ! I'm definetly going to buy her cd when it's out.

And then.... Mika came on !!!!!! He came on bouncing around like he always does and started singing facing Cherisse... when he turned around I immediately noticed how gorgeous he is of course but also how tired he looked !!! The poor guy !!! He looked exhausted but still gave an amazing performance and really gave it his all !!! He's the best !!!! All the songs were amazing and I still can't believe how good a performer he is !!!! The show went by so fast !!! I felt they kinda rushed in it, didn't take much time between songs, probably because Mika wasn't well that night...

I loved all the songs but my highlights were probably Sweet Dreams (his moves..... swoooooooooooooooooooooon) and the shirtless banging on a trash can during Love Today AND Holy Johnny !!! I gotta say Holy Johnny is now MY favorite song !!!! And here's why : I always loved that song and I was really looking forward to see him perform it live cause he didn't do it in Montréal and so far I've only seen it on YouTube. I've watched it a gazzillion times so I know the lyrics. So he started the song and I was really into it and singing along at the top of my lungs... but it seemed I was the only one who knew the lyrics ! Well maybe there was some but I didn't see anybody singing along except me... Everybody was clapping there hands and really enjoying the song but I was the one singing along... So Mika does his things and goes all around the stage and all of a sudden he notices me singing along all the words ! So his face lit up and he ran over to me and leaned in very close and sang a small part of the song directly to me looking me straight in the eye !!!! :shocked: *faint* everybody started screaming around me and after I could hear people say : omg I can't believe he did that how lucky is she !!! wow !!! that just about made my night !!!.... No it made my whole month I think !!!!

Part 2 to come...

So the whole show was awesomly awesome even though he was feeling sick he gave such an amazing performance !

After the show we waited inside the venue like they told us to. There was so many people, I said to myself : there's no way we will be able to meet him there are way too many people and he looks so tired !... So they told us to form a line and told us to get our cds ready. They told us we couldn't take pictures with him... that we could take picture of him while being there but he would not stop and pose for a picture with us, and they told us we could only have our cd signed, not our ticket, not shirts, not posters... that we shouldn't take too long so it would not end too late cause Mika was exhausted. We were a little bit towards the end of the line and we waited patiently for our turn.

When it finally got to be our turn, he seemed really happy to see us ! He loved the shirt Natie made and like she said he made her sign it ! It was so sweet ! Then he said he got my message on myspace saying we were travelling from Montréal to Boston to see him and he mentioned he never replies cause he doesn't have the time but he does try to read. And then he smiled and said he was happy to see me again. :shocked: I was like "what ? you actually remember me?" (we spoke french the whole time by the way) and he said "of course ! we talked after the show at the Club Soda in Montréal" ! Wow he has SUCH a good memory ! I mean that was three months ago and he met like a thousand people since then... and then my friend Marilyne said "yeah I was there too !" and looked at her, smiled and said "oh yeah it's true!" I was proud of her cause when we met him at the Club Soda she got very shy and looked at the floor the whole time lol ! But now she looked him straight in the eye and wasn't shy at all ! You go girl ! So we talked a little, he asked us how our trip from Montréal was, we said it was fine but we didn't sleep much on the bus... then he said he was very happy we came all this way for him. We had a small chat and he kept smiling at me and winking at me and saying how glad he was to see me ! *faints* Then I one point the staff started to get impatient cause we got much more time with him then the others and everybody was looking at us funny cause they couldn't understand a word we were saying ! So then I asked if he'll be back in Montréal... he said he wasn't sure yet....... :( But I think he met he wasn't sure WHEN cause he said how much loved Montréal and how incredible the crowd is there and that he definitely WANTS to go back. So there's still hope... sorry for my fellow Canadians I didn't have time to ask him about the other cities... so then I gave him my cd so he could sign it and he said "oh I can't remember your name !" and seemed to feel really bad about it ! So I laughed and said : it's ok ! my name is Véronique, and he said "oh yeah Véronique ! and repeated it for himself, like trying to memorise it... so cute... then we really had to go and he gave us this huge smile and winked and waved at us !

So even though we didn't have much time with him and couldn't take pictures with him or hug him or anything, he found a way to make this special for us !!! He is SUCH a sweetheart !!! I still can't get over how nice he is !!! He looked very tired though, I felt bad for him ! But he kept on smiling !

Part 3 to come

So after that we went outside and waited for him to come out. I had a nice chat with Cherisse, she is the cutest thing !!! She was so very nice and was impressed that we came from Montréal and said she absolutely LOVED Montréal and really wants to go back. Took a pic with her and then with Mikey... And then Mika came out. We were told before that he wouldn't sign anything or take any pics cause he was not feeling well... but being the super nice person that he is he managed to sign quite a few autographs and all. This were mainly people who weren't inside at the singing so I let them go and stepped back since I already had my time with him... I didn't want to harrass him either ! When he left then I went and talked to Lollipop Girl (Lorna) who is such a nice person too and she said she LOVED our boas !

So there !!!! after that we went for a drink and got something to eat cause we were starving and then took a cab back to the hotel and dreamed sweet Mika dreams !!!

My head is still in the clouds, I already can't wait to see him again !!!

I will send my pics to Sivan so she can put them in the Mika Album so make sure you check it out !!!!

That's an amazing report as well! :biggrin2: That's so cool how he remembered you and everything..and where it was exactly that he'd met you before! All I can say is WOW, I'm impressed with his memory! I'm glad you had such a great time!!

hey, you really brought sunshine in my day!

............i was a little depressed...but reading about mika and his lovely attitude to fans gave me a shock, and i'm myself again!:wub2:

thanks, you are a real sunshine! :thumb_yello:

Wow, Natie and Sunshine! What a night! :thumb_yello: I so enjoyed reading your reports, it almost made me cry.

Natie, he made you sign the shirt you made for him. How great is that (although I'm sure he justifiably asked for your signature on it, can't wait to see the drawing on the card in avoca's album :thumb_yello:) He's just incredible. :blush-anim-cl:

And Sunshine, he remembered you! I'm not surprised because from your pics I can see that you're beautiful. And he sang a part of Holy Johnny JUST FOR YOU!

Awesomely awesome.

And although he's sick he still takes the time for the people waiting and he keeps beating their expectations.

I only wish he'd pace himself a bit just to make sure to stay the course of this tour.

what's up with all those pushy and drunk guys? they seem to be everywhere:sneaky2:

oh i loved your reps girls! i'm so glad you've had a blast, it feels almost like we were all there with you.

Luke is so damn hot. Holy cow.

i agree!:biggrin2:

hey, you really brought sunshine in my day!

............i was a little depressed...but reading about mika and his lovely attitude to fans gave me a shock, and i'm myself again!:wub2:

thanks, you are a real sunshine! :thumb_yello:

glad to hear that rob! yesterday i was quite worried, you looked a lot depressed, it wasn't you at all:shocked:

So after that we went outside and waited for him to come out. I had a nice chat with Cherisse, she is the cutest thing !!! She was so very nice and was impressed that we came from Montréal and said she absolutely LOVED Montréal and really wants to go back. Took a pic with her and then with Mikey... And then Mika came out. We were told before that he wouldn't sign anything or take any pics cause he was not feeling well... but being the super nice person that he is he managed to sign quite a few autographs and all. This were mainly people who weren't inside at the singing so I let them go and stepped back since I already had my time with him... I didn't want to harrass him either ! When he left then I went and talked to Lollipop Girl (Lorna) who is such a nice person too and she said she LOVED our boas !

So there !!!! after that we went for a drink and got something to eat cause we were starving and then took a cab back to the hotel and dreamed sweet Mika dreams !!!

My head is still in the clouds, I already can't wait to see him again !!!

I will send my pics to Sivan so she can put them in the Mika Album so make sure you check it out !!!!

What a wonderful story! Thanks so much, sunshine -- so glad that you

got to Boston, and that he made it so special for you! Can't wait to

see whatever pix you did get! :)

dcdeb

Wow Sunshine, what a special moment you had with Mika during the concert! I am so surprised he didn't sing Holy Johnny during the Montréal show because he played it the next night in Toronto. He said something about it being a new song but now I wonder if it was his first performance of it??

You know I'm not that surprised that he remembers you after all the stories I've heard here. It seems MFCers give off a special vibe and he gets it! Besides he probably hasn't met so many francophones in North America. That's great that you and your friend and Natie could have a semi-private conversation with him because no one else could understand what you're saying :naughty:

Too bad my French sucks so badly :thumbdown:. I do try to listen to his French interviews a few times without the translation to see if I can get the gist of what's going on.

Anyway thanks to you and Natie for sharing your stories and I'm glad you got to spend some special moments with him even though they were trying to rush everyone through.

Sounds like Canada may not be part of this fall tour but I think I'm going to try to make a US date this time. Everyone has had such great experiences.

Thanks so much for the fabulous report. I'm really happy for you and the others who had such a great experience. You have memories that will last a lifetime. What a down to earth, nice person he is...and the most talented. :)

Thanks Natie and Sunshine, for your glowing reports of Mika's Boston performance. I would've LOVED LOVED to be there for many reasons, obviously, but especially because it was my birthday. So you guys made it the next best thing.:punk:

Sunshine - he sang Holy Johnny to you !!!! :mf_lustslow::wub2: You go girl !!! And he remembered you from Club Soda! Now all you need to do is win a Pulitzer Prize or find a cure for cancer and you life will be complete!:mfr_lol: