REPORTS/PICS/VIDS: Mika @ Pinkpop Festival, Netherlands - 30 May, 2010

Fmbm

To see my big head on the screen:mf_rosetinted:

Why the professional version tho???

And why the shocked face??

And other whys that I haven't thought of yet?!!!

:roftl::roftl:

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was amazing, every muscle hurts now :teehee:

Early in the morning I arrived at the Megaland field, it was really quiet so I checked some shops first. At 10.30 I went to the 3fm stage, there weren't many people, so I had enough time to figure out were to stand (it was tricky with that 'catwalk'). Finally I found a front row space on the right side of the catwalk, which turned out to be a very good place (eventually Ingie ended up somewhere near me; didn't see who was with you).

I stood there the whole day and saw some amazing performances:

- Jon Allen was a real suprise to me... I didn't know who he was, but I really liked his performance. I especially Liked the part where he was using the catwalk.

- Slash was just brilliant, I never expected that! I didn't know what to expect, but despite of the pushing (oh my, I was dying) it was wonderful. My knees are bruised (blauwe knie?) know, they really pushed me into the crush barriers.

And saw a bad performance too:

- Kate Nash wasn't that amazing (ahum it was just bad to me). I liked some of her songs, but she was messing them up with her screaming. She wasn't really sympathetic, her make up was a great mess (what about long lasting lipstick?) and the singing and playing was out of tune a lot.

Before Mika's performance the only thing I could think about was: 'I do not pee, I do not need to pee, I've hardly had a drink, just stay front row...' :aah: Standing there the whole day was all worth it! Mika and his band were just amazing. He didn't do the little theatrical things, but his voice and interaction with the crowd was just wonderful; those things did everything. Even the Slash fans were enjoying the concert, they were clapping and jumping, never expected that! I really liked the fact that he put on the hat that Biekje (?) threw.

After Mika's performance I got a lot of text messages: I was on the big screen a lot (my fairy tale wand; shall post a picture tomorrow) and I was even on tv (I'm so proud :blush-anim-cl:):

- http://player.omroep.nl/?aflID=11024116

0.00 Love Today

2.00 I'm the girl with the pink diadem

46.34 Grace Kelly

49.03 'You waaaaant.....' And that's me again (*giggle*)

- http://player.omroep.nl/?aflID=11024120

41.22 Billy Brown

44.42 We are Golden

After Mika's concert I stayed to see Pink, she made a real show: that hamster ball thing was so cool! Liked her performance, but my thoughts stayed at Mika's performance. The last act of Pinkpop was The Prodigy at the mainstage, but I went home after three songs (it's not my cup of tea and the weed smell was killing).

Well this turned out as quite a big report... :blink: Just two things to say:

- Ingie you were on the television too, somewhere at Kate Nash performance. Don't know exactly were, but I will search for it tomorrow.

- Patricia4you your dress (purple) and someones others dress (pink) were on the tv as well.

Hope everyone had as much fun as I did! Brilliant day :wub2:

Edit: A little bit late, Happy Birthday Nielo and Elise_xx

yes i've heard it but i wa the pink one not purple:roftl:

Why the professional version tho???

And why the shocked face??

And other whys that I haven't thought of yet?!!!

:roftl::roftl:

Because that was the one where I was filmed:mf_rosetinted:

There are probably some peeps that donno that i like him a lot (obsessed?) with him shirtless... like new members? :wink2:

All they have to do is read this thread then. :naughty:

It was a very long day because me and SimpsonFCG already left at 6.30 in the morning. We had to pick up Lisa (she's not on mfc) Patricia4u and Sylvana.

We arrived @Pinkpop 12.30.

First we saw Kate Nash, didn't like really like her kind of singing. Only 2 songs were ok. We somehow managed to get in front. We were on the left side.

The weather was actually pretty ok. It was raining a bit when Mika started. But of course he brought sunshine with him, so the sky cleared up soon.

SimpsonFCG went a bit further to the back to get a better noise on the recording, unfortunately he was still to close to the subwoofer.

Mika was utterly amazing (as always) and so was the band. There was a lot of interaction with the public, which I love. And they all seemed to have much fun.

After Mika we watched Pink, she's good, but it doesn't feel the same as seeing Mika.

We stayed a bit to see the Prodigy, but after 2 or 3 songs we left before the whole crowd was going to leave at the same time.

At 04.00 we were finally home.

Here are some pictures:

2jic15.jpg

155qjxf.jpg

30wl312.jpg

2dlmyx0.jpg

2uq27w9.jpg

Aha! So this is what he meant by his 'inflatable stage' - the big 'MIKA' name sign is inflatable, right? And maybe he was referring to the inflatable Big Girl leg as well...hmmm...

Trying to get the WAG video online...mika (almost) naked :teehee:

LOVE IT

Still cant get over the fact, he wore MY pinkpop hat!

I saw it on the Billy Brown vid...

Anyone got pictures of that?:wub2: would love to have them...:thumb_yello:

I'll be back later with links to the vids and more piccies!

And a report...

It was yours??:shocked:

How did he get it? (And did you get it back?)

amaziiiiiiiiiiing!!:fangurl:!!

ok, what is he doing at the beggining of the vid??:blink::mf_rosetinted:

and jimmys laughing??:roftl:

k, im curious now!!:lmfao:!!!

Tell me!! please :fangurl::roftl:

hahahaha Jimmy was laughing because me and my friend screamed SEXYYYYYY and Jimmy heard that and laughed i think for 20 seconds long hahahaha.. after that i had a little air conversation with jimmy.. hahaha..

Sylvana and Jimmy are BFF's!:wink2:

To me it look as if Mika was adjusting his dungarees, like they were too thight around the waist...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti3zw7ZhYSY

2:10 see me throw it on stage, after pointing at my hat and making a ? face. He nodded. So I threw it.

I didnt get it back, I bought a new one. Loved the fact that he wore it:wub2:

I just watched it (I also recorded it on tv..) Must be a cool feeling indeed! Well done:thumb_yello:

Sylvana and Jimmy are BFF's!:wink2:

To me it look as if Mika was adjusting his dungarees, like they were too thight around the waist...

I just watched it (I also recorded it on tv..) Must be a cool feeling indeed! Well done:thumb_yello:

Twasnt really my idea...I just go to Pinkpop every year and see people do this quite often :biggrin2: So I thought: why not do it myself this time:aah:

Twasnt really my idea...I just go to Pinkpop every year and see people do this quite often :biggrin2: So I thought: why not do it myself this time:aah:

Following a good example is smart too!:biggrin2:

I will watch the 'hat-thinggie' again on my tv-screen later!

This morning I was watching my Pinkpoprecordings with my daughter and mentioned the pink hat that Mika got from someone from the audience. Now I can tell her I know that someone! Ha: much cooler:mf_lustslow::teehee:

Following a good example is smart too!:biggrin2:

I will watch the 'hat-thinggie' again on my tv-screen later!

This morning I was watching my Pinkpoprecordings with my daughter and mentioned the pink hat that Mika got from someone from the audience. Now I can tell her I know that someone! Ha: much cooler:mf_lustslow::teehee:

Yeah...true:aah: Was hoping he would keep the hat, but noooo he had to throw it away... nice:sneaky2::wink2::biggrin2:

I also had a flag...Twasnt much, was made in one evening, the evening before I left for Pinkpop...I know I can do better than this, but because I didnt have time...ahhh its the thought that counts, right?

30514_434835920927_717570927_5941487_6353473_n.jpg

Hahaha yeah, way cooler:aah:

Yeah...true:aah: Was hoping he would keep the hat, but noooo he had to throw it away... nice:sneaky2::wink2::biggrin2:

I also had a flag...Twasnt much, was made in one evening, the evening before I left for Pinkpop...I know I can do better than this, but because I didnt have time...ahhh its the thought that counts, right?

30514_434835920927_717570927_5941487_6353473_n.jpg

Hahaha yeah, way cooler:aah:

It looks great Biekje! Was it shown on tv?

Mentioning this, I remember seeing a British flag, anyone we know? (MFC?)

It looks great Biekje! Was it shown on tv?

Mentioning this, I remember seeing a British flag, anyone we know? (MFC?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti3zw7ZhYSY same video, 2:37 you can see a small glimpse of the flag...but I dont know if its shown on TV, havent seen all the footage yet... heck, I havent even seen my OWN footage yet! I only put it online...:shocked: