Italian 'review' of WAG and album!

Droopsy

Again, I used an online translator... So any help with mistakes are welcome :wink2:

It has a bigger version of the new pic! :thumb_yello: And they talk about the video! Well nothing is revealed but still, very exciting :)

--------------------------------------------------

link to pic: http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3858/mikanew2rsz.jpg

The global phenomenon of pop MIKA will publish his second album on September 18 discs Casablanca / Island / Universal. The next disc (whose title has not yet been announced) has launched the brand new single 'We Are Golden' which will be in radio since July 24 and available for digital purchase from August 7.

The new album follows the disc debut 'Life In Cartoon Motion' which has sold 6 million copies worldwide, disc Platinum in Italy, 5 times platinum in England and won the prestigious BRIT, MTV and Ivor Novello Award. The hit 'Relax Take It Easy' was the biggest selling digital single in Italy in 2007, and 'Grace Kelly' in the same year was the song played in more foreign absolute radio italiane.

'We are Golden' is an explosion of power-pop, a triumph of positive energy and confirms MIKA as a unique talent in contemporary music. The song is sung by MIKA with 'Andrae Crouch Gospel Choir ( "Like A Prayer" by Madonna) and a crowd of boys who deeply explode into a song only:' we are not what you think we are, WE ARE GOLDEN ! '( "We are not what you think we are, what we valiamo gold!)

The song was remixed by prominent names such as Calvin Harris, Mirwais and Don Diablo, and the spectacular video clip was directed by Jonas Åkerlund, director of historical video as' Ray Of Light 'and' Music 'by Madonna,' Walk On 'U2,' Smack My Bitch Up ' the Prodigy' and recently Paparazzi 'by Lady Gaga.

'We Are Golden' is a perfect launch for a new album that MIKA has composed solo and co-produced with Greg Wells. The disc was recorded over the past two years between London and Los Angeles, with the collaboration of The Seawind Horns (the winds of 'Thriller' and 'Off The Wall'), Imogen Heap of Frou Frou, Owen Pallet of the Arcade Fire and Stuart Price.

Brioso influences varied, ranging from the greatest pop albums of the 80s and 90s to Kurt Weill, the singer Patti Page'50s and'70s singer Harry Nillson, the new album MIKA is somewhat 'more mature of his predecessor. "Life in Cartoon Motion 'contained a lot of references to children. This disc is more adolescent. I thought 'how can I look back? Before all this happened, what has prompted me to write songs? 'I loved my feelings a lot of seventeen-eighteen, and I tried to go back to that period of my life. "

The album will include songs like "Blame It On the Girls" (which combines percussion and piano in a rhythm and an irresistible refrain from fainting) and "Rain" (which boasts pizzicato violins arranged by Owen Pallett of programming and Stuart Price, and is a promising riempipista Disco, with the magnificent voice of legendary MIKA slipping on synthesizers).

From moving ballads to gentle refrains, the new album has a range of emotions and visions that not only reveals the extraordinary sensitivity of MIKA melodic, but also the incredible stories he tells in his songs.

After acoustic tour last month (with a stage applauditissima Milan), MIKA will perform shortly all'iTunes Festival in London, the Latitude Festival and the Bestival.

http://festival.blogosfere.it/2009/07/mika-il-nuovo-singolo-we-are-golden-in-radio-dal-24-luglio-singolo-digitale-dal-7-agosto-nuovo-album.html

--------------------------------------------------------

I'm very excited about the video! I loved the vid for ray of light and I love the vid for paparazzi as well.

Edited by Droopsy

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh sweet, thanks for posting! And looks like he's filmed the video for "We Are Golden" already :teehee:

Hopefully it'll be more tastefully done than Lady Gaga's "Paparazzi" video which looked like a complete joke.

Ooh sweet, thanks for posting! And looks like he's filmed the video for "We Are Golden" already :teehee:

Hopefully it'll be more tastefully done than Lady Gaga's "Paparazzi" video which looked like a complete joke.

Really??? I like it :shocked: Okay the idea is a bit lost on me, but I love the camera techniques, the coloring and the composition :wub2:

Thanks Droopsy. This sounds so far from LICM II. I can't wait.

I hope the video is coming out right on the heels of the radio debut.

Me too :wub2: Tbh I'm so jealous of all the press people who got to hear the song and see the video already! In a way I'm even more excited about the video because I'm quite sure I'll love the song :)

Again, I used an online translator... So any help with mistakes are welcome :wink2:

It has a bigger version of the new pic! :thumb_yello: And they talk about the video! Well nothing is revealed but still, very exciting :)

--------------------------------------------------

link to pic: http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3858/mikanew2rsz.jpg

The global phenomenon of pop MIKA will publish his second album on September 18 discs Casablanca / Island / Universal. The next disc (whose title has not yet been announced) has launched the brand new single 'We Are Golden' which will be in radio since July 24 and available for digital purchase from August 7.

The new album follows the disc debut 'Life In Cartoon Motion' which has sold 6 million copies worldwide, disc Platinum in Italy, 5 times platinum in England and won the prestigious BRIT, MTV and Ivor Novello Award. The hit 'Relax Take It Easy' was the biggest selling digital single in Italy in 2007, and 'Grace Kelly' in the same year was the song played in more foreign absolute radio italiane.

'We are Golden' is an explosion of power-pop, a triumph of positive energy and confirms MIKA as a unique talent in contemporary music. The song is sung by MIKA with 'Andrae Crouch Gospel Choir ( "Like A Prayer" by Madonna) and a crowd of boys who deeply explode into a song only:' we are not what you think we are, WE ARE GOLDEN ! '( "We are not what you think we are, what we valiamo gold!)

The song was remixed by prominent names such as Calvin Harris, Mirwais and Don Diablo, and the spectacular video clip was directed by Jonas Åkerlund, director of historical video as' Ray Of Light 'and' Music 'by Madonna,' Walk On 'U2,' Smack My Bitch Up ' the Prodigy' and recently Paparazzi 'by Lady Gaga.

'We Are Golden' is a perfect launch for a new album that MIKA has composed solo and co-produced with Greg Wells. The disc was recorded over the past two years between London and Los Angeles, with the collaboration of The Seawind Horns (the winds of 'Thriller' and 'Off The Wall'), Imogen Heap of Frou Frou, Owen Pallet of the Arcade Fire and Stuart Price.

Brioso influences varied, ranging from the greatest pop albums of the 80s and 90s to Kurt Weill, the singer Patti Page'50s and'70s singer Harry Nillson, the new album MIKA is somewhat 'more mature of his predecessor. "Life in Cartoon Motion 'contained a lot of references to children. This disc is more adolescent. I thought 'how can I look back? Before all this happened, what has prompted me to write songs? 'I loved my feelings a lot of seventeen-eighteen, and I tried to go back to that period of my life. "

The album will include songs like "Blame It On the Girls" (which combines percussion and piano in a rhythm and an irresistible refrain from fainting) and "Rain" (which boasts pizzicato violins arranged by Owen Pallett of programming and Stuart Price, and is a promising riempipista Disco, with the magnificent voice of legendary MIKA slipping on synthesizers).

From moving ballads to gentle refrains, the new album has a range of emotions and visions that not only reveals the extraordinary sensitivity of MIKA melodic, but also the incredible stories he tells in his songs.

After acoustic tour last month (with a stage applauditissima Milan), MIKA will perform shortly all'iTunes Festival in London, the Latitude Festival and the Bestival.

http://festival.blogosfere.it/2009/07/mika-il-nuovo-singolo-we-are-golden-in-radio-dal-24-luglio-singolo-digitale-dal-7-agosto-nuovo-album.html

--------------------------------------------------------

I'm very excited about the video! I loved the vid for ray of light and I love the vid for paparazzi as well.

OMG!!!!

t4p, Droopsy! :wink2:

Thanks for posting :thumb_yello:

There are GREAT news, and bad news (if I haven't got it wrong)

Why the 24th ? I thought it would be played on FRIDAY!!

mm..maybe only in italy the song is going to be released the 24th...:blink: