Mika @ Sziget Festival, Hungary 13-08-2010

Droopsy

Mika will play Sziget festival:

Friday:

Lyapis Trubetskoy's works are well-received by critics from Russia to Portugal, and they have already collected a number of high-ranking awards. This year they get a chance at Sziget to be known worldwide. Papa Roach is in constant training and is therefore always able to score high, so this year he will do his spectacular rock-exercises on the Main Stage of Sziget. Germany's most famous reggae-artist, Köln-based Gentleman will present his freshest studio album Diversity at Sziget. A bright popstar is bound to arrive too, Friday's early evening performer will be one of the most-talented artists of the contemporary pop music, Mika. The song The Kill had over 34 million views on YouTube, and now you will get the chance to see Jared Leto's band Thirty Second to Mars live. They've been on the top of the Sziget-wishlist for ages, by the way.

http://www.sziget.hu/festival_english/press/press_information/press_releases.4101.html

Site: http://www.sziget.hu/festival_english/programs

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How come I did not see this thread last night?:blink:

Anyway, I am really excited about it, as you can imagine :boing:

Can we add an RSVP to this thread? or will there be a different thread for that one? Please feel free to ask me any questions if you are planning to come.

I will attend, of course. It is the day before I leave for holiday abroad, actually, so really lucky timing for me as well. ( I would have hated to change my plane ticket :teehee:)

Could've gone if I were over 18... for the present I'm not :sneaky2:

And it would have been ideal if they had announced a bit earlier, but it doesn't matter anymore, I already have a gig planned this summer and it's enough money-wise :boxed:

I'm happy for the Hungarian people and all those who can get there :naughty: though Papa Roach, Mika and 30STM on the same day seems an odd combination to me :blink:

How come I did not see this thread last night?:blink:

Anyway, I am really excited about it, as you can imagine :boing:

Can we add an RSVP to this thread? or will there be a different thread for that one? Please feel free to ask me any questions if you are planning to come.

I will attend, of course. It is the day before I leave for holiday abroad, actually, so really lucky timing for me as well. ( I would have hated to change my plane ticket :teehee:)

I immediately thought of you!! :boing:

I remember you always checking to see if he would play this festival. The name immediately rang a bell :teehee:

And such luck with your vacation!!! :thumb_yello:

OHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!! SERIOUSLY .... THIS MADE MY EYES WET!!!! :tears:

I hope he won't cancel it like he did in 2007...OHHHH JEEESUSSS.....I have to gooooo, and arrange it somehow!!!!!! YAAAY

sorry this news made me waaaaay to excited! :biggrin2:

I hope he won't cancel it like he did in 2007...OHHHH JEEESUSSS.....I have to gooooo, and arrange it somehow!!!!!! YAAAY

As the festival is definitely happening either with or without him, I don't think there is a serious risk.

Funnily enough, the headline act for the day is actually 30 Seconds To Mars (from the US I think) - they are starting at 9pm. It might be due to his late confirmation of performing or this band can easlily be more popular among Sziget festival goers - I guess I am slightly behind wit what's hot nowadays :dunno:

30 seconds to mars is just screaming :naughty:

Hungary is only one hour by plane from Romania but I won't be coming cause I don't know the other artists.:roftl:

Oh hey, me neither, but everyone who's been at Sziget festival says it's so much fun even if you don't know anyone... There are sooo many programs, and fun tents to visit, there's a disco tent for example where everyone has headphones on and they can dance to the kind of music they like, tents where you can read book, tents where you can get henna, etc etc... so think it over. :naughty:

30 seconds to mars is just screaming :naughty:

Hungary is only one hour by plane from Romania but I won't be coming cause I don't know the other artists.:roftl:

well, from some parts of Romania it is much closer, actually...

but like Zsina said, Sziget is fun. There are several stages (World Stage is a good one) and all sorts of programmes.

It is officially in the Top 10 festivals in Europe, with around 300 000 people attending it over 6 days..:thumb_yello:

On Friday you may not have found any interesting names, but on other days we have Madness, Iron Maiden, Faithless, Kasabian, The Cribs and.. MUSE..:mf_lustslow:

but like Zsina said, Sziget is fun. There are several stages (World Stage is a good one) and all sorts of programmes.

It is officially in the Top 10 festivals in Europe, with around 300 000 people attending it over 6 days..:thumb_yello:

On Friday you may not have found any interesting names, but on other days we have Madness, Iron Maiden, Faithless, Kasabian, The Cribs and.. MUSE..:mf_lustslow:

It's a very similar type of festival like Exit and it's worth seeing.:wub2:

Both are in the Top 10 festivals in Europe like Suzie said. And I'm really sorry Keti and I can't afford it this year. :sad:

Oh hey, me neither, but everyone who's been at Sziget festival says it's so much fun even if you don't know anyone... There are sooo many programs, and fun tents to visit, there's a disco tent for example where everyone has headphones on and they can dance to the kind of music they like, tents where you can read book, tents where you can get henna, etc etc... so think it over. :naughty:

I'm sure it will be fun but not when you're coming alone like in my case :boxed:

I'd love to see Muse again (I saw them back in 2006 when they were in Bucharest :wub2:) and Kasabian

I'm sure it will be fun but not when you're coming alone like in my case :boxed:

I'd love to see Muse again (I saw them back in 2006 when they were in Bucharest :wub2:) and Kasabian

There's a forum where you can find people who are going alone and need someone to team up with, in a tent or something. Of course only if you'd stay for the whole week. But if you'd come only on the 13th, you wouldnt be alone, I guess me and Suzie ,we are going to be there for sure (unless something that cant be moved gets in the way)!!! :sneaky2::thumb_yello:

But I dont wanna force you or something, you decide! :thumb_yello:

S***! :sneaky2: I plan to go there next year for my holidays. It's a quite famous festival in France and i have to do it once in my life. :biggrin2:

This year, i planned to go to Prague and you know what happened. :boxed: I'm a little bit unlucky.

S***! :sneaky2: I plan to go there next year for my holidays. It's a quite famous festival in France and i have to do it once in my life. :biggrin2:

This year, i planned to go to Prague and you know what happened. :boxed: I'm a little bit unlucky.

Yes, I think the majority of people from abroad actually come from France and the Netherlands.

So it should be a really supportive audience.... :thumb_yello:

in case you change your mind about coming this year, let us know:wink2:

OMG! this is sooooooooo cool! :yay::boing: i will be landing in Budapest anyway! wasnt planing to stay there but now i will change the pland :biggrin2: i am sure my lovely grandmother will forgive me :teehee:

Archived