Guardian "superfans" interview

leobenedictus

Hi there

My name is Leo Benedictus. I'm a journalist with the Guardian. You can see details of the articles I've written here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/profile/leobenedictus

I'm writing because I'm researching a series of interviews with "superfans" - that is, people who are especially devoted to the work of one celebrity, and who collect memorabilia about them. Do you know any huge Mika fans who might be willing to meet and talk about their passion at some point? Or can you point me in a useful direction?

Thanks for reading. Do get in touch if you have any questions.

All the best

Leo

leo.benedictus@guardian.co.uk

@leobenedictus

Mod Edit: Link to the final article - http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25939

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi there

My name is Leo Benedictus. I'm a journalist with the Guardian. You can see details of the articles I've written here:

I'm writing because I'm researching a series of interviews with "superfans" - that is, people who are especially devoted to the work of one celebrity, and who collect memorabilia about them. Do you know any huge Mika fans who might be willing to meet and talk about their passion at some point? Or can you point me in a useful direction?

All the best

Leo

@leobenedictus

Do we know any huge Mikafans? :blink:

No. No huge Mikafans here :no::mf_rosetinted:

:teehee:

:lmfao:

Hi there

All the best

Leo

@leobenedictus

I think you might find one or two "superfans" around these parts. :naughty:

If you have any other questions about Mika Fan Club or this forum,

please contact me or any of the other moderators of the forum --

you'll see their usernames in bold here. :thumb_yello:

Hi everyone!

I promise I'm the real person, not spam, or any of the rest of it! I'll reply to a tweet or something if you want proof!

And yes, I'm glad to discover that I may have found one or two Mika fans. As a group, you clearly have a sense of humour...

Feel free to volunteer! Or can you suggest someone you know (in the UK) who is a huge fan of someone else?

All the best

Leo

Hi everyone!

I promise I'm the real person, not spam, or any of the rest of it! I'll reply to a tweet or something if you want proof!

And yes, I'm glad to discover that I may have found one or two Mika fans. As a group, you clearly have a sense of humour...

Feel free to volunteer! Or can you suggest someone you know (in the UK) who is a huge fan of someone else?

All the best

Leo

If for real you are going to do a nice column or something I think you should contact dcdeb or any of the moderators here,they will be pleased to help you for sure!!!!!

There is a leo benedictus who writes for the guardian - but we only have his word for it that this is him. Approach with care (if you approach at all)

like everything else, you have to keep your eyes opened,

but your first contact with him, is via an email address that seems to belong to the guardian...

i remember seeing a show once, where they had interviewed fans & by the time it aired, they were all made out to be lunatics :freak:

If for real you are going to do a nice column or something I think you should contact dcdeb or any of the moderators here,they will be pleased to help you for sure!!!!!

I think Guy and Debs are already onto this :thumb_yello:

Do we know any huge Mikafans? :blink:

No. No huge Mikafans here :no::mf_rosetinted:

:lmfao:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Hi everyone!

All the best

Leo

You've came to the right place, we're all Mika maaaaad here... :freak:

like everything else, you have to keep your eyes opened,

but your first contact with him, is via an email address that seems to belong to the guardian...

i remember seeing a show once, where they had interviewed fans & by the time it aired, they were all made out to be lunatics :freak:

Guess I better not talk to him then:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Hi everyone!

All the best

Leo

:rolls_eyes: That's what they all say

Sorry - can't be too careful online these days. I hope you get a willing volunteer :thumb_yello:

Hi everyone!

All the best

Leo

one or two? :naughty:

mikafanclub is more then a fan club, it's a community. over the years, we've made friends from all over the world, who share our love for Mika's music.

Hi everyone!

All the best

Leo

Ohh sory Leo

Welcome to the Mfc :)

Hi everyone

Thanks so much for showing SO MUCH interest! All I can say is that I am for real, and I promise I won't make anyone out to be a lunatic - not even if they are one. Best guarantee I can give is that The Guardian, generally, does try to do the right thing.

Do message me if you have any suggestions - for fans of Mika or anyone else.

Thanks

Leo

Hi everyone

Thanks so much for showing SO MUCH interest! All I can say is that I am for real, and I promise I won't make anyone out to be a lunatic - not even if they are one. Best guarantee I can give is that The Guardian, generally, does try to do the right thing.

Do message me if you have any suggestions - for fans of Mika or anyone else.

Thanks

Leo

Maybe you could tweet about it?

I think Guy and Debs are already onto this :thumb_yello:

Yes, and as you say, everyone here should always be cautious about

giving out any personal details to a stranger. But Mr. Benedictus does

appear to be about as real as I can verify from here, and as guylaine

points out he does have an actual Guardian email address, as opposed to some

random contact information as we've seen here in the past. So I'd say if

you're interested, proceed with caution :thumb_yello:

Guess I better not talk to him then:roftl::roftl::roftl:

:lmfao: Yeah, maybe quite a few of us should hold back. Of