Mika on NRJ Radio 1st July 2011

suisuimeko

So today Mika released his new song Elle Me Dit and went to NRJ radio as a guest. Did a very short interview and performed his new song there live!!!

If you have missed it, Angel has recorded it here, check it! :blush-anim-cl:

http://www.mediafire.com/?aksxh5n7wvxau2z

(But obviously we need translations :naughty:)

(If someone has opened a thread for this before, move the link there and remove this post, thanks! :roftl:)

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Host: Discovered in 2007 with Life in Cartoon Motion, the success never left Mika since. And after the second CD, TBWKTM, The next oneis due for early 2012. He's with me today. Hes putting his earphones on. Hi Mika!

M: HI!*in the distance*

Host:... and we start again.. HI MIKA!!

M:*Laughs* sorry, hi!

Host: thank you for being with us, waking up so early!!

M: no, im really happy!

Host: youre here to present live youre new single "elle me dit"(yes, i was about to translate the title:roftl:), its the first single of your third CD, "The origin of love"

m: yeah

H: with such a name, it must be talking about love...

m: yes, talks a bit about love, but its still a dance record, thats for sure.

H: for the first time, there will be songs in French?

M: well, its an english CD, but there will be a few songs in French as well. Its a sort of Bonus EP that goes with the English CD.

H: youve been thinking about it alot? singing in french?

M: its been years since i wanted to sing in French. They always asked me to do French version on my songs. But i didnt wanna do it cause when i start singing in French, its gonna be songs that will be already written in French. And you can see that. But im a bit scared now. Its the first time that i sing in French...

H:and youll sing for us in live

M: i never sang that song live before...

H: out of the studio?

M: yeah, out fo the studio... cause we finished it 2 days ago.. which is completely crazy! We finished mastering it 2 days ago. I was still writting it a week ago. *laughs* and well.. i know the CD wont be released till 2012, but i was like why not release a single now? its very "summer". And if it works now and makes me dance, maybe it'll make other people dance as well.

H: yeah, its gonna dance with collaborations with people like Martin Solveigne

M: yeah, i was with him 2 weeks ago. No no, a week ago. We were here in Paris...

H: but thats not the song you'll sing...

M: no no, but he really like it.. In fact, its him last week who told me: youre crazy, you have to get this single out right now. You shouldnt wait 6 months. He told me that for 2 days!! "you must get this single out!! its pop!" He loves it.. hes a fan.

H:martin solveigne who..

M: he trusts me alot... and ive got alot of respect for him. I love his work so.. Its fresh, its pop, but its credible at the same time.

H: we love him to. People will be able to see you perform in Compiègne, July 9th... with many new titles from your CD in live?

M:Yeah.. ill do this one... and maybe 2 other songs.. one named Karen(i think thats it) and the other one.. i dont know.. its a bit...

H: new?

M: no its just... being at ease with it. Thats the thing. I told myself, why not release this. Its not even out on the internet before the radio. Simply because it wasnt possible to have a "link", because it wasnt done yet!!! We finished.. like 2 days ago! *laughs*

H: well, we're really impatient now!! listeners from all around the world knew you'd be here, so theyre listening.

M: yeah!

H: so ill let you be ready now..

M: ok..

H: Mika in "summer". Cap, soes, coloful shirt. You cant see him but its summer, its July 1st. And youre lucky, mika is here in studio to present the first single of his new CD, Elle me dit, Mika on NJR...

-song-

Archived