Big Girl video is on youtube!

paula.pop

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is he really skint? Doesn't he get any money? How does the man survive?

By living at home with his parents :D

Seriously Mika is not going to become filthy rich until he starts headlining stadium tours. There is no money in selling albums. At least not for the artist. That's how record companies get rich.

That's why I don't get bent out of shape about copyright issues, especially posting videos on YouTube of all things! It's far more important for a new artist to get their music heard and generate a fan base so they can lay the foundation for a more lucrative career down the road.

Many artists are against copyright protection on media and are pro file sharing. There is a Canadian Music Creators Coalition formed by Avril Lavigne, Barenaked Ladies, Sarah McLachlan, et al to protect their interests because in a lot of cases it's very different from the interests of the record labels.

http://www.musiccreators.ca/wp/

If Mika is smart (and he is), he will eventually squeeze out his record company altogether and distribute his own music.

In the meantime he'll probably be bunking with his family a little while longer.

hey everyone :)

im not sure how mika feels about having his video on youtube....BUT!

can we all promisse to buy the video when it is released ?! :)

if so than i think its ok ;) i hope...lol...

Don't worry. I'm definitely going to buy it.:thumb_yello:

This about how Mika feels was my first thought too, but in this time and with all that modern technology it's hard this not to happen.

But the video is really awesome. I love it!:thumb_yello:

Well, he eats lots of carrots and other vegetables. They're cheap! :naughty:

mikabunny004rgu5.jpg

I just watched the video. Thank you for posting it MikaObsessed! :) And thank you to Paula.pop for the link! I love the video, it looks so natural.

I love your artistic style!!

I don't expect Mika has a lot of dosh at this stage. He only gets about $1 for every CD sold and he has to pay the record company back for all of this promo. That probably goes a long way towards explaining this low budget video :naughty:

Yeah. Record companies suck. They basically give you a loan to make records and videos, then take all your earnings when money starts to trickle in. Mika could earn some extra cash by modeling. He's quite good at it. Or he should get a sponsor and go on a maor tour where they charge $100 a seat! Oh wait, a lot of people will probably hate that idea.

Maybe he should sell more merchandise...

Well, he eats lots of carrots and other vegetables. They're cheap! :naughty:

mikabunny004rgu5.jpg

I just watched the video. Thank you for posting it MikaObsessed! :) And thank you to Paula.pop for the link! I love the video, it looks so natural.

Waoooh!!!!

I adore it!!!

DaMango I don't think it's going to be that long before he starts doing stadium tours, at least in Europe. Sounds like those venues in France are at 5,000+ already.

If he keeps up the momentum through his next album I think he'll be in pretty good shape.

^ This is true. It looks like his venues are growing already. I do hope that he will continue to play more intimate gigs once in a while, because I love those the best. Still, I want him to make money. He could easily get away with charging more for concert tickets, imo. Then, there is still the merch idea.

(Seriously Mika, just slap your name on some useless junk, and I WILL BUY IT! :bleh:)

DaMango I don't think it's going to be that long before he starts doing stadium tours, at least in Europe. Sounds like those venues in France are at 5,000+ already.

If he keeps up the momentum through his next album I think he'll be in pretty good shape.

For France, it's true! I will see him with around 8500 persons around me and I don't go to a Paris gig!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcRiXOONqf0

And yeah you're welcome:naughty:

Thank you MikaObssesed!

It is up to Mika to decide if he wants that video to be on youtube or not-it is on iTunes so it is officially out-if there is any problem I am sure the person who put it there will get a message if there is anything wrong about it.I dont see a difference with putting it on youtube and sending link in PM in fact the latter one is more fishy

wow, thanks!

I think that it´s a great video! Love it! :biggrin2::thumb_yello:

That is, if he chooses to do stadium tours, there is quite a backlash against them at the moment in the UK.

Is he really skint? :shocked: Doesn't he get any money? How does the man survive?

Hmmmm......I don't think I'll spend too much time worrying about his financial situation....

We all have to slog to earn our keep (she says, typing quickly to get kids to school on time and then hoof it off to work). However, my wages aren't going to dramatically increase at some point!

Hmmmm......I don't think I'll spend too much time worrying about his financial situation....

We all have to slog to earn our keep (she says, typing quickly to get kids to school on time and then hoof it off to work). However, my wages aren't going to dramatically increase at some point!

:naughty: Well said GITB!

the video is incredible natural. oh, and i loved how people just stared and smile when mika just appeared in plaza. the idea is so good. just come and sing and dance and people will follow you in the end. brilliant.