Have you already missed Mika because it was cancelled?

Pamette

Have you already missed Mika because it was cancelled?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Have you already missed Mika because it was cancelled?

• YES
    • NO

yop and babs, you should apply for a lawyer career! your arguments are sooooo convincing!!!

i cannot but agree with you two, completely!

jerry, mika, staff, do read here carefully....something useful might reach your ears and eyes and brains!!!

you know what? i think they lack women in organization....who can be multitasking as only women can be! and better mental organized!

mika.....i'm offering my help, in case you need it.....:blush-anim-cl:

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yop and babs, you should apply for a lawyer career! your arguments are sooooo convincing!!!

i cannot but agree with you two, completely!

jerry, mika, staff, do read here carefully....something useful might reach your ears and eyes and brains!!!

you know what? i think they lack women in organization....who can be multitasking as only women can be! and better mental organized!

mika.....i'm offering my help, in case you need it.....:blush-anim-cl:

By Jove Robertina! I think you've got it! Hit the nail on the head!

I think I will add on the first post all the gigs which were cancelled and if you agree I can also add the pseudo of people whe were concerned by it!

Which events were cancelled and how many time before the event?

oh, forgot....

mika, forget cancelling florence on july 19th! simply forget!!!

otherwise............:sneaky2:

oh no, he can't cancel florence!!!

MIKA, YOU CAN'T CANCEL FLORENCE!!!YOU CAN'T!!! :mf_rosetinted:

WHAT?

the gig at sziget has been cancelled?!:shocked:

wow...i was thinking about going there, and since it's out of my country, it would have been quite an effort on my part to go...just imagining what would have happened if i had bought the ticket and thus pretty much reduced my summer holiday to going to this festival only to find out he wasn't coming gives me the chills...i know it's not his fault and probably couldn't be avoided, but i imagine there are many disappointed fans out there

WHAT?

the gig at sziget has been cancelled?!:shocked:

wow...i was thinking about going there, and since it's out of my country, it would have been quite an effort on my part to go...just imagining what would have happened if i had bought the ticket and thus pretty much reduced my summer holiday to going to this festival only to find out he wasn't coming gives me the chills...i know it's not his fault and probably couldn't be avoided, but i imagine there are many disappointed fans out there

If you had bought your tickets, you would be like me! :naughty:

pretty much reduced my summer holiday to going to this festival only to find out he wasn't coming

Hi,

I actually wanted to buy tickets for Werchter too, but I was too late... First I was very very disappointed, but now I can only think how lucky I am.

I feel very sorry sorry for you Pamette, I can imagine how you feel! It's only a small comfort but there are great other names coming too...

(oke, I know that won't help you...:boxed: )

But one day, you'll get to see him! I'm sure we all will, It's just a matter of being veeeeery patient I guess...

Hi,

I actually wanted to buy tickets for Werchter too, but I was too late... First I was very very disappointed, but now I can only think how lucky I am.

I feel very sorry sorry for you Pamette, I can imagine how you feel! It's only a small comfort but there are great other names coming too...

(oke, I know that won't help you...:boxed: )

But one day, you'll get to see him! I'm sure we all will, It's just a matter of being veeeeery patient I guess...

I'm happy to know that some MFC members didn't buy their tickets for Sziget and Werchter! :bleh:

I hope that there aren't many people to have bought it!

I have to be patient until october if everything goes well! :naughty:

I hope you can see him soon! :wink2:

He still has a lot of festival dates in the calendar which people have bought tickets to though, so it is to be hoped that no more get cancelled. Also festival tickets are much more expensive than normal gig tickets.

When people talked to him about having a softer schedule in DC (so as to take better care of his health, etc) he explained that things have to be scheduled very close together because of the expense of paying vendors, contracters, etc--all the behind the scenes stuff associated with the show--people hired on to take care of costumes, balloons, stage equipment, and so on. The point being, I guess, that if he's on a tour, he has to take all these people with him, and if he takes a day off inthe middle, these people still need to be paid for that day. However, if he's basically touring/performing a whole year straight, I think the extra expense would be worth it and should just be accounted for when making up his budget! For the sake of his health, publicity, fans' goodwill, professionalism, etc.

--Jack

I think I will add on the first post all the gigs which were cancelled and if you agree I can also add the pseudo of people whe were concerned by it!

Which events were cancelled and how many time before the event?

I've done it in the second post (without the names of people concerned)... :blush-anim-cl: But if you want, you can add it to the first one :blush-anim-cl:

When people talked to him about having a softer schedule in DC (so as to take better care of his health, etc) he explained that things have to be scheduled very close together because of the expense of paying vendors, contracters, etc--all the behind the scenes stuff associated with the show--people hired on to take care of costumes, baloons, stage equipment, and so on. The point being, I guess, that if he's on a tour, he has to take all these people with him, and if he takes a day off inthe middle, these people still need to be paid for that day. However, if he's basically touring/performing a whole year straight, I think the extra expense would be worth it and should just be accounted for when making up his budget! For the sake of his health, publicity, fans' goodwill, professionalism, etc.

--Jack

It would maybe be more expansive, sure, but we're not talking about taking a lot of free days between the dates, jut a reasonable number of days for a human body, and with the money they do on a tour, i GUESS it COULD be possible... But once again, it's easier to say it than to do it, of course, we don't have every elements in hand !

And if they go on cancelling gigs, they will actually loose a lot of money... Since they won't have the money from that gig, and if it's a day between 2 other ones, they will still have to pay the employees...

Maybe a lot of the problems arise because he is trying to "conquer" the world all in one go too. I mean I have never known an artist to do this before to such the extent Mika does. He is in a different country from one day to the next. I don't think he knows how to take things slowly! Most bands/artists will tour maybe once a year, usually to tie in with the promotion of a new album, but Mika seems to be doing it constantly - as soon as one tour finishes another starts in another country, with extra shows and festivals dotted in all over the place... and then back round again!

It is easy to see how problems are going to arise, but it certainly isn't fair on the fans when things go wrong which they inevitably will with a schedule like this. But on the flip side of the coin - as this forum shows he already has fans all over the world - all of whom want to see him play in their country or part of the world, so can there really be a solution to this?

Maybe a lot of the problems arise because he is trying to "conquer" the world all in one go too. I mean I have never known an artist to do this before to such the extent Mika does. He is in a different country from one day to the next. I don't think he knows how to take things slowly! Most bands/artists will tour maybe once a year, usually to tie in with the promotion of a new album, but Mika seems to be doing it constantly - as soon as one tour finishes another starts in another country, with extra shows and festivals dotted in all over the place... and then back round again!

It is easy to see how problems are going to arise, but it certainly isn't fair on the fans when things go wrong which they inevitably will with a schedule like this. But on the flip side of the coin - as this forum shows he already has fans all over the world - all of whom want to see him play in their country or part of the world, so can there really be a solution to this?

I know what you mean Big Girl!

I know he can't be everywhere and I wasn't expecting to see him more than twice in a year!

The only problem is that it can be painful for someone who has waited for a long time to know a gig is cancelled. I should prefer him to say earlier he can't be there thus I could have planned something in an another country.

I have a job too and I have obligations opposite to my boss. I can't do always what I want. I can't plan holidays to meet Mica and after, no I can't take them next week, I will take them later.

The ONLY problem for me is to cancel something you promised to do a long time ago!

Well, I didn't realise it was that many performances he cancelled, although in percentage, he is still doing OK - i.e. cancelling 4 out 4000 is acceptable. However, I feel he is pushing himself to his own limits and he should clearly slow down...

Well, I didn't realise it was that many performances he cancelled, although in percentage, he is still doing OK - i.e. cancelling 4 out 4000 is acceptable. However, I feel he is pushing himself to his own limits and he should clearly slow down...

I learnt today that the gig in Werchter is cancelled because Mica goes to a TV show that day!!! :doh:

Waow... THAT is exactly what i think is TOTALLY DISRESPECTFUL toward people, WHOEVER is responsible for that :thumbdown:

I don't understand why things like that can happen. I would like to know more about that.

It must be true if Proximus website wrote that. Proximus also sell the tickets for Werchter festival. I think they know what happened!