Petition to be Official Fan Club!!

Wendi

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Added now :thumb_yello: :thumb_yello:

Yay! When I looked for my name I thought the next number was 288 but I'm before that. Either I just missed it or well, actually this is a pretty hard thread to keep up with (with all of the names and all.) You're doing a good job!

This is awesome. So close to 300! :biggrin2:

Ok I was thinking about this a bit and as much as I would like this to become the official fanclub, I don't see it happening.

Here's why.

From my experience, management and record companies don't like being out of control. By making this place official they will give some of the control they have away. They'll put it in the hands of people they don't really know.

I know they've been cooperative with providing the MFC with exclusives but I don't see it as a sign of them being open to more.

I've worked together with the management of another band, they provided our board with exclusives (promo cd's, photographs, autographs etc) for us to give away. When we asked them to link us on their site they refused.

Mind you, this band doesn't even have a board on their official site and they didn't want to link us, let alone make us official. I have to include that the board we run is the biggest one for this particular band on the internet.

I'm not saying every management company is like this, I'm not saying Mika's is. All I can do is speak from experience.

Mikasounds DOES have a board. This board is already bigger and more active than that one. Making the MFC the official Mika fanclub will only stimulate our growth and draw away potential users from their own board. Why would they want to do that? Why would they want to give so much control away?

Ok I was thinking about this a bit and as much as I would like this to become the official fanclub, I don't see it happening.

Here's why.

From my experience, management and record companies don't like being out of control. By making this place official they will give some of the control they have away. They'll put it in the hands of people they don't really know.

I know they've been cooperative with providing the MFC with exclusives but I don't see it as a sign of them being open to more.

I've worked together with the management of another band, they provided our board with exclusives (promo cd's, photographs, autographs etc) for us to give away. When we asked them to link us on their site they refused.

Mind you, this band doesn't even have a board on their official site and they didn't want to link us, let alone make us official. I have to include that the board we run is the biggest one for this particular band on the internet.

I'm not saying every management company is like this, I'm not saying Mika's is. All I can do is speak from experience.

Mikasounds DOES have a board. This board is already bigger and more active than that one. Making the MFC the official Mika fanclub will only stimulate our growth and draw away potential users from their own board. Why would they want to do that? Why would they want to give so much control away?

i agree with you Diana for the very reasons you have set out above...it would be really fabby but i think it will not happen in the near future as the initial contracts must have been agreed upon for at least 5 years....