New mission to accomplish

minkey_00

i think its better to just say "buy the CD or ellse!!!!"

and than they will be scared and buy it....

it worked with my friends....

well not really...im tired...its 4am and i dont know what im talking about...lol

who is mika again? :blink::bleh: im kidding!

yup.. violence is always the answer :fisch: lol

ha ha bless.. shouldn't u be in bed then :bleh: what u doing up! go go !! lol

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it is illegal...to own the cd is more appropriate

buy a copy at your fd's bday is better:biggrin2:

she can read the booklet and the art, all the package

this should make her happier:naughty:

well...agree...copying is illegal... and it will heart M's financial side...

...what you can do - just send the LINKS to all your friends (to the pages STREAMING Mika's music and videos)....at least it worked for me, and I've got a few people "converted":biggrin2:

...what you can do - just send the LINKS to all your friends (to the pages STREAMING Mika's music and videos)....at least it worked for me, and I've got a few people "converted":biggrin2:

i love the avatar!

totally agree:thumb_yello: you shouldn´t copy the cd and give it for free... he have worked a lot, and he deserve to be paid for it.

but you can help him, telling your friends about him and giving the links...

Technically speaking:

Read the back of the CD. © means copyright and the P in the circle means phonorecord which means copyright in sounds on a CD or tape. This is controlled by the Berne Convention (Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works) and most countries of the world are signatories to this. Lebanon included. The Berne convention makes copyright automatic, artists don't actually have to register or put the symbol on their work, but it is still normally used to show their ownership.

Distributing illegally copied CDs is basically against the law of any country because of the Berne convention, whether they are for sale or not. Just because we can go to the market an pick up pirate copies doesn't make the piracy OK.

If you think about it you are preventing MIKA from receiving the royalties from the sale and use of his own material. Technically speaking the copyright is with the record company, but Mika has signed a deal with them so he gets the royalties.

Sure spread the Mika word, get people to listen, but they can do that on Mika's myspace, and on Mikasounds. And for the record I own 5 bought copies of the CD. And one copied one.

Prince is giving away free copies of his new CD with one of the Sunday newspapers today in the UK. The record companies hate this ...the controversy was written up in various places on the internet, includng Perez Hilton yesterday. If Mika chooses to give free copies away himself, that would be different. But we shouldn't be doing it without permission.

Do a lot of singles with his cd sampler (the one on Mikasound) and share them...I fell in love with mika thanks to that sampler

I did it, now people ask me to have a copy of the album, but I answer: buy it :mf_rosetinted:

Every pay day I go out and buy at least 5 more Mika cds. I then give them away to my friends and family who I know will like his music. Lately I have been buying the Best Buy exclusive cd because of the Satellite bonus track. My friends really like that one also. I own 7 copies of Mika cds myself, but I have never made a copy of any of them.

Mika is such a giving person to his fans that he inspires me to be generous also. Plus I love spreading the good word of Mika. Plus, I love having my friends share in my enjoyment of his music.

I love the Mika Fan Club too!. MFC rocks! :punk::wub2:

I don't think this is a good idea. If you want to help promote MIKA or introduce his music to your friends, then tell them about MIKA and suggest them to buy the album. Or you can buy a few copies of the album and give it to them as gifts!

I did that and I have more friends who have caught the MIKA fever already. :bleh:

I'll admit that I did make one copy for a friend, but it was for someone very special who I knew would definitely buy it as soon as it was released in their country.

That person is one of his biggest fans........mention no names!:wink2:

I would never make a copy if I thought that it would result in Mika losing a sale of a genuine CD.