Mika Discography

You might disagree with me, but our desperation makes the seller the real winner, and we pay more than we maybe needed to.

What do you think??

I think that's wise advice, Blue Sky.

I've not entered the world of Mika eBay purchases...something tells me that's a slippery slope that would result in me having an apartment full of posters and vinyls, and no food. :blink::naughty:

• 2 weeks later...
I have a small suggestion to make for those of us who regularly bid for MIKA stuff on ebay.

You are of course free to ignore me, but what I have observed recently is that in our enthusiasm to win the items, we have been inadvertently pushing the prices up much higher than they may have gone, and doing it against each other!!

My suggestion is, when you see something you really want, first check how many days are left, and if it is more than one or two days, just click on the link on the top right that says Watch this item. Then each time you sign into ebay, click on the link that says My eBay up the very top and you will get a list of all the things you are watching. There you can check the progress on bids, and you can wait till the last day or so to place your bid and then you often get the item for a more reasonable price.

For example, a new listing goes up on an auction that is going for the next 9 days. If I bid today and then I am outbid tomorrow, then I bid again the next day and then the other person bids again, then one of us could end up paying much more just because we wanted to win the contest, and the battle has been going for 9 days!!

Instead, if you watch the item for 7 days, see if anyone else is interested, then place a bid, you MIGHT find that you get the item for a real bargain price, even if you have a bit of a bidding war at the end. If the bidding war runs for the full 9 days, then the real winner is actually the person selling the item.

Now I am no eBay expert, but I can see the price of MIKA goods is going up at the moment. But I can also see WE enthusiastic MFCers are driving it up!! Great if we are selling, not so great if we are buying.

And almost everything I have seen related to MIKA so far on eBay is not as rare as they all say. I have seen all the remixes come and go, the singles come and go, the promos come and go, the "rare" posters come and go. If you hang around there long enough, you will know if the price for an item is good or not, and the item you really want will eventually re-appear.

You might disagree with me, but our desperation makes the seller the real winner, and we pay more than we maybe needed to.

What do you think??

PS. I probably shouldn't be giving hints on managing eBay....now I will lose all my next auctions....boo hoo...

Nice advice :thumb_yello:

• 1 month later...

does anybody have any news ref the release date of some new Mika music?:blink:

I think it was mentioned a couple of months ago, that he meant releasing a few sngs before the second album...

• 2 weeks later...
Ooh! Sigh. Too bad it would cost me $200 Cdn. :shocked:

One day, one day...

I promissed myself that I can buy one when I graduate :thumb_yello:

Fd has..how many copy's of dodgy holiday? I thought he had more than 1...it's not fair :thumbdown:

I promissed myself that I can buy one when I graduate :thumb_yello:

Fd has..how many copy's of dodgy holiday? I thought he had more than 1...it's not fair :thumbdown:

Hiya .. yeh I only have one now and thats signed , the other sold

They are rare ... to become rarer

Keep watching for dodgy holiday CDs, they come up every couple of months. You can enter the words mika and dodgy in a search, and then save the search, so next time one comes on ebay, they will email you about it. Saves you looking through pages and pages of LiCM CDs and Mika Nakashima Mika Hakkinen junk every couple of days!

I just got my treasured dodgy holiday CD today. I wanted to cry when it finally came. It cost me and arm and a leg. :naughty:

Yeh dodgy holiday is around 100 quid .. if you look one or two buyers always sell them

They must of bought a load at the start

There is one rarer item in my opinion and thats the 3 track promo that was used before he was famous , Big Girl is called Butterfly lounge and all 3 tracks are different versions from what Ive heard

If you see it .. buy it!!!!:thumb_yello:

Hiya .. yeh I only have one now and thats signed , the other sold

They are rare ... to become rarer

you sold one!! Why didn't I know?? :sneaky2:

I hope that there are still people selling them the next 3/4 years...because more and more collectors are buying one...and they will not sell them when they've got one I guess...:mf_rosetinted:

you two worry me.................:shocked:

:naughty:

There are worse than us out there!!

It is just harder to see who is doing what when all the usernames are concealed till the end now.:naughty: But the big spenders are still spending big.

You know who I mean RB.

Yeh Ive stopped buying now , I waiting for the new album and all the goodies that they bring:thumb_yello:

I only tend to buy the mega rare ones

I did tell the MFC .. Allegra bought it .. weeks ago now :thumb_yello:

Robi got my other copy signed :wub2: