NIBE is sueing MIKA? .. Or threatening with it at least

EnFa

This very bad management, who double book gigs and sends him to two countries on the same day or cancel gigs...or whatever is also the same ppl that have managed to work towards promoting him world over and made him big in the span of a year.. so they can't be all that bad... i believe no one or an organisation is perfect... mistakes are made along the way and then you improve on them as you go a long, especially if you're new... Don't get me wrong I'm also angry at THEM. It's just that i'm not the angry and unforgiving teenager i once was.. i guess i weigh things out better now.

I do want THEM to learn their lesson and hope Nibe shakes THEM out of whatever their on.

i agree :thumb_yello:

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you about "everybody makes mistakes", of course...

But just playing devil's advocate :biggrin2: : how come everybody BUT them had seen that arrive ? Isn't it their job ? And the mistake has gone pretty far... Once is a mistake, but that's been way more than once... We only see it now cause it's one cancellation after another, but if you recap it all... From at least January : double-booking, cancellations, last minute cancellations because of double-booking...

But of course, i do hope too they (at last) learn from that... But i'm not a utopist, and i'm pretty sure they will get through it with not so much harm done...

If it's being repeated too many times, then the person who schedules should be shot (not literally of course)!!

Unless.. the management is the greedy one who wants it all.....

I'm playing the guessing game again.. i think it's time for me to go now :biggrin2:

thats why i took cover LOL. Everyone who's met him absolutely loves him...not that ive ever had the privelige (i never know how to spell that) of meeting him myself...

i didnt want to upset anyone, but sometimes you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, you know?

Yeah, my comment had a slight bit of sarcasm in it!!! I believe Jerry probably has a lot to do with it!!!:biggrin2:

Welll when people start to get lawyers involved and the dreaded Sue word i get scared i mean i understand that it wasnt a great move on Mika's management to cancel Nibe and then play a secret concert in reading but why cant they just learn from this instead of sue

((big hugs to Nibe and mikas management...now kiss and make up)):bleh:

Yeah, my comment had a slight bit of sarcasm in it!!! I believe Jerry probably has a lot to do with it!!!:biggrin2:

LOL I can't remember what ur post was but i probably did notice that...but then again, most of the time i am a very naive person and tend to look past all the obvious signs :biggrin2: im always in a world of my own, i'm oblivious to most things you see :wink2:

forgive? ^_^:sorry::flowers2:

There was a contract between Mika and Nibe, arranged by his managers, that would have been signed ages ago. Who signed it we don't know, but it was either Mika or management on his behalf. In the contract he would have agreed to appear according to their conditions. It would have been a standard contract that they give all performers at the festival, with maybe a few alterations. There would have been a clause in it that states that where the singer fails to appear in accordance with the contract, there will be certain repercussions unless there were other mitigating circumstances. Usually the repercussions would be indemnifying the Nibe organisers for loss and damages. So as usual in such a breach of contract case, they could have a sound cause of action for failure to perform. The only escape clause may be if a performer is certified too sick to perform by the doctor, or possibly his plane was delayed or an act of God or something.

Mika would probably have insurance to indemnify him for situations where he can't appear because he is sick. Promoters lose money, everyone loses money where he can't perform according to his contractual obligations. But if he is truly sick, then he would escape paying damages for breach of contract.

These things happen all the time in the music industry, and the decision by management would have taken the contract into account. The management company's lawyers or the record label's lawyers would be handling stuff like this all the time, and would know some way to weasel out, or settle out of court. His big mistake IMHO was doing that secret show. That is like handing Nibe money on a plate.:thumbdown:

LOL I can't remember what ur post was but i probably did notice that...but then again, most of the time i am a very naive person and tend to look past all the obvious signs :biggrin2: im always in a world of my own, i'm oblivious to most things you see :wink2:

forgive? ^_^:sorry::flowers2:

Of course!! I am just as surprised and p*ssed off as everyone else- it doesn't affect me personally at the moment but I know I would be absolutely devo if it happened at a gig I was going to:shocked:

There was a contract between Mika and Nibe, arranged by his managers, that would have been signed ages ago. Who signed it we don't know, but it was either Mika or management on his behalf. In the contract he would have agreed to appear according to their conditions. It would have been a standard contract that they give all performers at the festival, with maybe a few alterations. There would have been a clause in it that states that where the singer fails to appear in accordance with the contract, there will be certain repercussions unless there were other mitigating circumstances. Usually the repercussions would be indemnifying the Nibe organisers for loss and damages. So as usual in such a breach of contract case, they could have a sound cause of action for failure to perform. The only escape clause may be if a performer is certified too sick to perform by the doctor, or possibly his plane was delayed or an act of God or something.

Mika would probably have insurance to indemnify him for situations where he can't appear because he is sick. Promoters lose money, everyone loses money where he can't perform according to his contractual obligations. But if he is truly sick, then he would escape paying damages for breach of contract.

These things happen all the time in the music industry, and the decision by management would have taken the contract into account. The management company's lawyers or the record label's lawyers would be handling stuff like this all the time, and would know some way to weasel out, or settle out of court. His big mistake IMHO was doing that secret show. That is like handing Nibe money on a plate.:thumbdown:

wow u know a lot :boxed: and I actually understand what ur saying LOL.

but i agree - what on earth was up with that secret show?! i think thats the main, heavy question here: not what his illness is, or why he's cancelling, but rather why these secret shows are taking place?

they have a lot of answering to do. And not just for Nibe, but for the fans too!

After all is said and done, bottom line is that this must really suck for Mika...:thumbdown:

-He has "them" speaking on his behalf, booking gigs and saying "pneumonia" to one group and then "ear infection" to another...

-Media likely to report news already convoluted...

-Fans upset...

- to top it all off - he's really probably quite sick. :sad:

Was reluctant to post anything so please don't bite me, just feel like we need another perspective thrown in again...

Such a serious post BS! That is the annoying thing though isn't it- of course someone can get sick ( and we all know he hasn't been 100% for a while) but to cancel one show, then do another just seems silly...

Blue Sky, I think you just gave a good summary of how things work when people make business-like agreements in the Grown Up World.

When it comes to such agreements you can't simply get away with a mere phonecall (or fax message or e-mail or whatever) of reporting sick and nevertheless play in another place. A professional management should know how to handle.

After all is said and done, bottom line is that this must really suck for Mika...:thumbdown:

-He has "them" speaking on his behalf, booking gigs and saying "pneumonia" to one group and then "ear infection" to another...

-Fans upset...

Was reluctant to post anything so please don't bite me, just feel like we need another perspective thrown in again...

they may not be saying Pneumonia to one and an ear infection to the other. After all, we also hear reports from the newspapers too, and we ALL know how they like to exaggerate things, stir things up, make it difficult for everyone else. After all, to them, bad news is good news, and they're more than happy to report it and twist it.

dont believe everything you hear or see. I will only believe what MIKA himself says.

-Fans upset...

they may not be saying Pneumonia to one and an ear infection to the other. After all, we also hear reports from the newspapers too, and we ALL know how they like to exaggerate things, stir things up, make it difficult for everyone else. After all, to them, bad news is good news, and they're more than happy to report it and twist it.

dont believe everything you hear or see. I will only believe what MIKA himself says.

Which is why I wrote - "Media...report...convoluted"

I am just wondering who is responsible for his schedule- I would sack that person right away-no pop/rock or whatever star has schedule as packed as he has-I mean it's cool that he goes to so many places but it wears him out for crying out loud:/

Maybe we should be in charge of his schedule- we do seem to know more of what's happening with him than management! And we could send him to those far flung places (like Perth:biggrin2: ) so everyone could see him!!

Maybe we should be in charge of his schedule- we do seem to know more of what's happening with him than management! And we could send him to those far flung places (like Perth:biggrin2: ) so everyone could see him!!

love your signature Jolene!:biggrin2:

Something wicked this way comes....

Sorry I'm in a Harry Potter mood:biggrin2: What I want to say is that something is going on and it's all so damn confusing!

And why would they sue Mika, he can't help it. Sue the one who is responsible for all this bull:mf_rosetinted:

ok so we can continue to speculate about this whole business with Nibe and Mika's management / schedule but really when it comes down to it we dont know much all we have are second hand stories / media reportage.

Like CazGirl said i would only really 100% believe it if Mika himself said so...But then again if his management are puppeteering him he wont know much about it either :blink:

This is definitely interesting...

That secret gig is very mysterious...

The bookingperson must have gone mad or something... (Imperius-curse by some Mika-hater maybe, sorry reading Harry Potter at the same time :bleh:)

We'll see what happens, if I was Nibe I would want my money too, but I hope this doesn't affect Mika anyway...

We'll see we'll see....