Did anyone think that it was pronaunced My-kah?

MIKA_OBESSED

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. I've been hearing the names Micah, Mica and Mika ever since I can remember. I thought Mika Hakkinen was a household name??

My friend dated a seriously hot guy named Mika years ago. Unfortunately he was as dumb as a post and a little stalkerish. He used to park outside her house for 3 or 4 hours at a time. :blink:

Not that any of this matters. I heard about Mika on the radio long before I ever saw his name in writing, so I already knew how it was pronounced.

i would have pronounced it "mee-ka" if it were spelled mica. yet he changed it to mika....... which actually makes me wanna say "mike-ah". huh. i dunno what kinda people were getting it wrong the first time but they're just weird. :bleh:

I thought it was pronunced My-kah.I recently found out it's pronunced Mee-kah.Did anyone else think this?

YES !! i sooo did!! Pre-obsessive mode i went up to some friends and sed, 'Have you heard of this MyKah guy .' ahh, the innocent, pre-Mika days- and then i learned after watching millions of his vids !!

hehe.

But i soo did !!

xxx:punk: :mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow:

I thought it was pronunced My-kah.I recently found out it's pronunced Mee-kah.Did anyone else think this?

No, because oddly, my nickname was "Mica" and it's pronounced just like "Mika" and people would mispronounce it was My-Kah. I thought it was easier than my actual real name, but people still mispronounced it. Story of my life.

Of course, now that I know about the real Mika, I ask people not to call me "Mica" anymore because... It just seems for the best. :biggrin2:

No, because oddly, my nickname was "Mica" and it's pronounced just like "Mika" and people would mispronounce it was My-Kah. I thought it was easier than my actual real name, but people still mispronounced it. Story of my life.

Of course, now that I know about the real Mika, I ask people not to call me "Mica" anymore because... It just seems for the best. :biggrin2:

My-Kah is OK, but i can't figure y some ppl would pronounce "Mica" as "mischa" :blink:

No, neither I pronounced or thought it was "Mykah" or "Misha".

But, to be honest, I have never heard this name before, so my good pronunciation was only due to a lucky coincidence. I mean Mika would be pronounced "meeka", in the right way in Hungarian, and when I first read his name, it just stuck in my head in the right way.

It was only later, when I realized the whole mess about pronouncing his name, and found out that I actually pronounce it right.

My-Kah is OK, but i can't figure y some ppl would pronounce "Mica" as "mischa" :blink:

I don't want to sound like someone silly, it's just a random thought:

For me "mischa" sounds so Russian. I think there's a Russian name "Misha", or something like that... Though I seriously doubt that people thought he was Russian, or he met so many Russian people pronouncing his name wrong that he made up his mind to change the spelling... Ha-ha-ha...:roftl:

Anyway, does this post of mine make any sense :blink: ?

I've had a habit of pronouncing unknown words according to the Japanese pronounciation system for a long time, so Mika automatically computed as 'Mee-ka' in my head. :biggrin2:

Same here with welsh, even with Mica I'd have read it as m-e-e-k-a

Yeeeah.... I too used to pronounce it wrong. I pronounced it how I saw it because I had never heard his name before!! The lollipop song got me thinking because they say "hey Mika!" My friend and I figured it out that it was pronounced like 'mee-ka.'

I've finally broken my habit though. It took me a while but now saying 'my-kah" just doesn't sound right!