Grazia magazine Issue 100 , January 29, 2007

PhotoJenic

A couple of us were talking about this older interview in gabbly tonight, and by the looks of it, it hasn't been posted!!

Grazia magazine Issue 100 , January 29, 2007

"I'm A Grumpy Old Man At Heart"

The hottest new kid on pop's block is 23-year-old-not-at-all-ugly-singer Mika. With an incredible voice pitched somewhere between Jake Shears and Freddie Mercury, get ready to fall in love with his debut album- and his ludicrously good hair.

But will you still fancy him when you hear what his favourite TV show is?

(interviewer) The best member of Take That is...

(mika) I can't choose between them because they're all great. They're such a British institution and I would never pull them apart.

(int) My X factor audition song would be...

(mika) It's gotta be some 90's Mariah Carey. Complete with four-octave screeching and arm movements.

(int) The best-ever Bond is...

(mika) Sean Connery. Although Daniel Craig was pretty great in a too-cool-for -gadgets kind of way.

(int) The Desperate Housewife I am most like is....

(mika) The control freak one with red hair who tries to kill her husband [he means Bree].

(int) The show that most clogs up my Sky+ is...

(mika) Urm, it's Hollyoaks I'm afraid. A total guilty pleasure.

(int) My TV dinner of choice is...

(mika) Spaghetti with meatballs.

(int)The actor who should play me in the story of my life is...

(mika)Johnny Depp. Why not aim high?

(int)The celebrity I would most like to get drunk with is...

(mika) Tracy Emin or Mick Jagger.

(int) My film of 2006 is...

(mika) Little Miss Sunshine.

(int) The most fabulous thing in my wardrobe is...

(mika) My gold Louis Vuitton shoes that I stole from their press office.

(int) The most embarressing thing in my wardrobe is...

(mika) Urm, my gold shoes.

(int) The best style tip anyone has ever given me is...

(mika) If someone can draw a caricature of you in 30 seconds and still have it clearly recognizable as you, then you're on the right path. In other words, keep it simple.

(int) The last three things I bought on my credit card are...

(mika) Jewelry as a present for my mum, a pair of white trainers and a plane ticket to India.

(int) If I was Prime Minister, I would...

(mika) Bring back Sundays. They feel just like Fridays now. But that's because I'm a grumpy old man at heart.

(Mika's single Grace Kelly and his album, Life in Cartoon Motion, is out Feb 5)

Edit: Credit doesn't go to me for posting this because I didn't know it exsisted! One of our members typed it up for us in gabbly and I copied and pasted it so it could be posted!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yay for Little Miss Sunshine!!

23-year-old-not-at-all-ugly-singer

i agree he isn't all that bad looking, is he?

well, lets look at this logically, how can I put this...he is thee MOST ATTRACTIVE MAN ALIVE in every way there is, everything about him is attractive to the max, his face, his physique (I love his height yummy) his smile, his teeth, his voice, his laugh...ooooooh that laugh, yes it's been my txt tone for ages and I have shared him too lol), his...talent, his personality, his humour, his quirkiness, his style, his sweet nature, his funny faces, his genuinity (oo I made up a wordie) I could go on and on and on.

well, lets look at this logically, how can I put this...he is thee MOST ATTRACTIVE MAN ALIVE in every way there is, everything about him is attractive to the max, his face, his physique (I love his height yummy) his smile, his teeth, his voice, his laugh...ooooooh that laugh, yes it's been my txt tone for ages and I have shared him too lol), his...talent, his personality, his humour, his quirkiness, his style, his sweet nature, his funny faces, his genuinity (oo I made up a wordie) I could go on and on and on.

You forgot the hair! :naughty:

finally, an interview with questions we've never heard of. gracias, chica.

and I know exactly what he means by the mariah carey arm movements........ she said in some interview they gave her a trainer to help reduce her arm moving-ness. :blink:

Thanks so much for posting!!

I just finished watching Little Miss Sunshine 20 minutes ago (i kid you not)!

I LOVED it!

I'm glad it's his fav movie of '06.

:naughty: Mika as Bree from Desperate Houswives.... (you should see the image in my mind right now: priceless!):roftl:

Ahhh.... and he buys jewlery for his mom!:wub2:

This has got to be my favorite interview by far!

Thanks for posting!

a plane ticket to india?!!?!...ahh the motherland (for me)

this interviewer asked so many fun questions, all the questions weren't the "repetive-i already know this about mika" questions

What an honour for johnny Depp, well Mika IS gonna beat him after all in the sexiest guy vote thing, I voted yesterday AGAIN lol and it went up to 35% now woo hoo the others are waaaaaay behind, and if they win him now then it's a fluke and I won't believe it. *runs off to vote again lol*

I've not seen this interview before, so it's refreshing to see him get questions like these, not the same dull things he gets asked over and over.

I'm not surprised he likes Hollyoaks, that's my guilty pleasure too. And his fav Bond is Sean Connery, YAY! mine too.

I haven't yet seen Little Miss Sunshine, but anything with Steve Carrell and Alan Arkin in it has to be brilliant.

Well I am just so distraught now, we have nothing in common, I don't listen to Take That or watch Hollyoaks, and I don't even like Bond movies or Mariah Carey, oh no all chances of me running into him and becoming his best friend and lover are now ruined! :tears: I must start watching all the shows he mentioned and eating lots of spaghetti with meatballs so that when we meet he is so impressed by our similarities that he proposes on the spot!

:roftl:

--Jack

Well I am just so distraught now, we have nothing in common, I don't listen to Take That or watch Hollyoaks, and I don't even like Bond movies or Mariah Carey, oh no all chances of me running into him and becoming his best friend and lover are now ruined! :tears: I must start watching all the shows he mentioned and eating lots of spaghetti with meatballs so that when we meet he is so impressed by our similarities that he proposes on the spot!

:roftl:

--Jack

Spaghetti with meatballs is more or less the worst thing I can imagine eating :tears: And Mariah Carey is more or less the last person I would want to listen to :boxed: Oh and I can't stand Bond movie have no clue what Hollyoaks is :blink: But I like Take That, so I have more in common with him that you! HA! :mf_rosetinted:

Sean Connery is the best Bond ever, agreed. best Bond movie is Dr. No.

meatballs are sh!teous. I grew up with Visions-era Mariah, before she slutified. Take That, never heard of them until 2 weeks ago. They sound crappy. I had to look up what Hollyoaks was. Sunday is the crappiest day of the week, Friday is perhaps the best. Mick Jagger has a small....... nevermind. And I aso had to look up what a Sky+ was. All we have is TiVo.

So yeah we're not compatible either. :naughty:

a plane ticket to india?!!?!...ahh the motherland (for me)

this interviewer asked so many fun questions, all the questions weren't the "repetive-i already know this about mika" questions

It's my motherland too! The next time he goes, he should say a big "Hello!" for me! :biggrin2: