Mika on Mercia Radio (OMFG iiM GONNA XPLODE)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how he isn't afraid to show he openly likes/admires 'popular' bands and artists.

Lots of rock/pop stars would NEVER big up Take That for fear of not looking cool! They'd just be name-dropping all the trendy new bands..

Mika Doesn't Care:mf_rosetinted:

I love how he isn't afraid to show he openly likes/admires 'popular' bands and artists.

Lots of rock/pop stars would NEVER big up Take That for fear of not looking cool! They'd just be name-dropping all the trendy new bands..

i wonder if he goes to see their show in berlin, newcastle or london, they're touring in those cities about the same time (tt one day before or after mika)

So Mika owns 48 pairs of white shoes and 48 colourful umbrellas... is this just me being paranoid or is this a very strange coincidence?

(yes, I am being paranoid. But I just thought I'd share this short thought :biggrin2: )

No, it's not just you. I actually thought the same thing too. Doesn't he have an OCD thing about buying things in 3's? 48 is a multiple of 3, so that could have something to do with it.

And now I have completely over-anaylzed the situation. :doh:

I would imagine he had a very short list to choose from in terms of what he could request. But I think you're right that he's generally not snobby about music.

One of the things I like about Mika is that he is shameless about being a pop artist. I can't stand pretentiousness in relation to music, television or movies. They are meant to entertain people and popular music is popular for precisely that reason.

That's a very costly OCD thing he has there :blink:

Well, I was actually thinking about him saying that he often lies in interviews (I completely forgot about this buy-everything-three-times-thing) and maybe it's just a number he likes (ok, that sounds stupid).

:surfing:

Oh, that is a thought, too. He does enjoying telling lies in interviews, doesn't he? Hmmm...a lie or his OCD...I guess for now we can only wonder.

Oh, that is a thought, too. He does enjoying telling lies in interviews, doesn't he? Hmmm...a lie or his OCD...I guess for now we can only wonder.

Maybe his OCD compels him to lie about owning things in groups of 48.

I would imagine he had a very short list to choose from in terms of what he could request. But I think you're right that he's generally not snobby about music.

One of the things I like about Mika is that he is shameless about being a pop artist. I can't stand pretentiousness in relation to music, television or movies. They are meant to entertain people and popular music is popular for precisely that reason.

Well said!!:thumb_yello:

I hate the snobby Indie-scene thing here in Britain at the moment, even though I'm much more of an Indie-lover than a pop-lover in general.

I'm proud to say I'm an Indie-lover who also loves a pure pop artist!