Mika Pulls Big Chill Show

That makes a change!

-I'm a bit slow off the mark with posting. I'm usually several posts behind everyone else!:biggrin2:

How's the sunburn today Babs?

Much better, yours?

The boss kept saying to me today, go home, you need to rest, you look terrible, I had to tell him that I was just rough, not ill! :naughty:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Much better, yours?

The boss kept saying to me today, go home, you need to rest, you look terrible, I had to tell him that I was just rough, not ill! :naughty:

I'm fine now, thanks. I wasn't anywhere near as burnt as you or Bexxy.

You know you're bad when your boss tells you to go home!:naughty:

Alice is very happy because that wobbly tooth that she was fiddling with all the time came out today, so she thinks that she's twinned with Tia now!:biggrin2:

I'm fine now, thanks. I wasn't anywhere near as burnt as you or Bexxy.

You know you're bad when your boss tells you to go home!:naughty:

Alice is very happy because that wobbly tooth that she was fiddling with all the time came out today, so she thinks that she's twinned with Tia now!:biggrin2:

im starting to itch on my arms today my back is still sore though :boxed:

oh thank gawd that tooth came out Both of the girls kept teasing me with their wobbly teeth over theweekend theres nothing i cant stand more than wobbly teeth makes me cringe :bleh:

im starting to itch on my arms today my back is still sore though :boxed:

oh thank gawd that tooth came out Both of the girls kept teasing me with their wobbly teeth over theweekend theres nothing i cant stand more than wobbly teeth makes me cringe :bleh:

'Not as the peeling stage then yet Bexxy? I guess that you still have that joy to come!

The tooth thing was driving me nuts too. Ian can't even look at wobbly teeth. He was horrified when I told him that kids can keep on losing teeth until they're teenagers.:naughty:

Alice had said that if her tootch came out at the festival she was going to give it to Mika as a souvenir. So I suppose that he spared himself that grisly experience!

Alice had said that if her tootch came out at the festival she was going to give it to Mika as a souvenir. So I suppose that he spared himself that grisly experience!

I find it incredibly sweet that she wanted to give part of herself to Mika. He's got such great fans, especially the youngin's. :wub2: They deserve better. :mf_rosetinted:

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Well i bet he could have put it on a chain and worn it around his neck ....i wonder how Mika would have reacted to getting given a child's tooth as a gift :naughty:

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Well i bet he could have put it on a chain and worn it around his neck ....i wonder how Mika would have reacted to getting given a child's tooth as a gift :naughty:

I bet he would have put it on some sort of string to have it dangling from his neck :mf_rosetinted: Definitely.

Its in a thread , but thought it deserved to be one :

Warbling pop preener Mika has pulled out of today's Big Chill festival, citing a throat infection that could potentially ruin his career (according to the Big Chill grapevine anyway!)

The star flew back from Japan last night and instantly cancelled the next week's worth of live dates, including this afternoon's Big Chill performance.

A festival source said: "He's in a bad way apparently. We've moved Richie Havens up from earlier to fill his slot and brought in a local act, Julia Palmer Price."

Julia, formerly a member of The Dinner Ladies, got the call first thing this morning. The singer lives in nearby Malvern and according to organisers she was only to happy to step in

Thank you for posting! :-)

I'm sorry to hear that he's apparently sick and cancelled those gigs. That's awful for the people who were planning to go and really looking forward to him. If he's truly sick, I wish him a speedy and full recovery... :wub2::mf_rosetinted:

Well, I know it might seem a bit selfish, as I live in Paris and will never get a chance to see the american gig anyway, but at that point, all I would like 2 say is : f**k the GMA, f**k the american TV, f**k the management and just say no for as long as it takes to fully recover your voice !!

I can only imagine the amount of pressure that is being put on Mikas's shoulders right now. I can only imagine people telling him "anyway it's just a three song's set" and "fans will get soooo desappointd if he cancells"... And so what ?? Voice is not a toy and it can actually be damaged so just think there'll be plenty of other occasions to see Mika onstage if he takes a couple of weeks off now... and months of silence instead, if he goes too far under pressure... :sneaky2:

But see that's the thing: If Mika says f*ck American TV or even f*ck GMA, then they'll say f*ck Mika right back, and that would be the end of it. I know you didn't mean it to be as harsh as it sounded, at least I hope you didn't. I get what you're saying but it's a tough situation. One where Mika has to think is it really worth cancelling something that big in a country where you're still trying to hit it big? I really think that Americans won't really give Mika the time of the day if he cancels something that has been promoted like this. Actually, the whole Good Morning America summer concert series is always heavily promoted every year. I think it's just too big of an opportunity for exposure in the US for Mika to just cancel it.

But see that's the thing: If Mika says f*ck American TV or even f*ck GMA, then they'll say f*ck Mika right back, and that would be the end of it. I know you didn't mean it to be as harsh as it sounded, at least I hope you didn't. I get what you're saying but it's a tough situation. One where Mika has to think is it really worth cancelling something that big in a country where you're still trying to hit it big? I really think that Americans won't really give Mika the time of the day if he cancels something that has been promoted like this. Actually, the whole Good Morning America summer concert series is always heavily promoted every year. I think it's just too big of an opportunity for exposure in the US for Mika to just cancel it.

I don't know about how much the whole Good Morning America summer has been promoted, but if it is as you say, then Mika cancelling won't be taken lightly.

I don't know about how much the whole Good Morning America summer has been promoted, but if it is as you say, then Mika cancelling won't be taken lightly.

Well, I always see commercials and stuff for it and everytime I watch Good Morning America they talk about their summer concert series.

Either way, I'm almost positive he's not going to cancel especially since Freddie just got 300 VIP tickets for the GMA event.