Mika Pulls Big Chill Show

Its in a thread , but thought it deserved to be one :

Warbling pop preener Mika has pulled out of today's Big Chill festival, citing a throat infection that could potentially ruin his career (according to the Big Chill grapevine anyway!)

The star flew back from Japan last night and instantly cancelled the next week's worth of live dates, including this afternoon's Big Chill performance.

A festival source said: "He's in a bad way apparently. We've moved Richie Havens up from earlier to fill his slot and brought in a local act, Julia Palmer Price."

Julia, formerly a member of The Dinner Ladies, got the call first thing this morning. The singer lives in nearby Malvern and according to organisers she was only to happy to step in

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't include GMA, cause that's not this week. He won't cancel GMA because not only is it national American television, but it's been heavily promoted, with contests from all sorts of media outlets, celebrity endorsements and everything.

But if by chance he does cancel GMA, getting angry at Mika at that point would be extremely stupid and selfish.

--Jack

It doesn't include GMA, cause that's not this week. He won't cancel GMA because not only is it national American television, but it's been heavily promoted, with contests from all sorts of media outlets, celebrity endorsements and everything.

But if by chance he does cancel GMA, getting angry at Mika at that point would be extremely stupid and selfish.

--Jack

I really really dont think he will cancel this

--Jack

But he just canceled that Canadian gig that he was gonna do the SAME DAY! :sad:

But he just canceled that Canadian gig that he was gonna do the SAME DAY! :sad:

Let me try and explain it to you.

This (what is just after this sentence) is a visual representation of Mika's management (in charge of lauching his career all over the world all at once like they have been asked to do at the begining even if they do plan silly dates sometimes) scale of importance :

1. GMA

x. Quebec the same day.

Do you get it ? :wink2::biggrin2:

You also have to think about the fact that for the GMA appearance he will probably only sing two or maybe three songs (unless he does extra for the crowd that will not air on tv). If he really is having such trouble with his throat, one gig with only a few songs shouldn't hurt him too bad, and it's obvious that GMA (US national television) is the top priority over the Quebec appearance.

All we can do is wish him well...

Well, I know it might seem a bit selfish, as I live in Paris and will never get a chance to see the american gig anyway, but at that point, all I would like 2 say is : f**k the GMA, f**k the american TV, f**k the management and just say no for as long as it takes to fully recover your voice !!

I can only imagine the amount of pressure that is being put on Mikas's shoulders right now. I can only imagine people telling him "anyway it's just a three song's set" and "fans will get soooo desappointd if he cancells"... And so what ?? Voice is not a toy and it can actually be damaged so just think there'll be plenty of other occasions to see Mika onstage if he takes a couple of weeks off now... and months of silence instead, if he goes too far under pressure... :sneaky2:

--Jack

you're right if he cancels that one we can seriously start to worry!

Well, I know it might seem a bit selfish, as I live in Paris and will never get a chance to see the american gig anyway, but at that point, all I would like 2 say is : f**k the GMA, f**k the american TV, f**k the management and just say no for as long as it takes to fully recover your voice !!

I can only imagine the amount of pressure that is being put on Mikas's shoulders right now. I can only imagine people telling him "anyway it's just a three song's set" and "fans will get soooo desappointd if he cancells"... And so what ?? Voice is not a toy and it can actually be damaged so just think there'll be plenty of other occasions to see Mika onstage if he takes a couple of weeks off now... and months of silence instead, if he goes too far under pressure... :sneaky2:

I agree...:blink: Don't hate me, US fans and others!

The absolute bottom line is that Mika must get over this problem - full stop.

I agree...:blink: Don't hate me, US fans and others!

The absolute bottom line is that Mika must get over this problem - full stop.

We wouldn't hate you, Gata, or Sarah. But that's not the way the music industry works. He can't just say "f*ck the GMA"--with all the promo that has gone into it, if he does, his career may be hurt to the point that it may not recover again.

--Jack