pinkunicorn123

Hey girls!! Wow...it's been a while! I had friends visiting me this week s have been really busy!!!! Lots of sightseeing, tapas, sangria...

How's everyone here?

Lol I did the Irish quiz.. (thanks Chantelle!)....I'm 20% Irish. hahaha Why does that not surprise me

I don't know him at all...........

So Digital Media, Debbie? Sounds great!!! My sister is doing the Leaving Cert too.... tough times!!

How's ev1 else here?

oh cool, sounds like fun! Are you enjoying Spain so far?

I'm good, only one more maths paper to go, then its freedom!

yeah, and I like it more because it's creative digital media if it wasn't creative I'd feel a bit sad or something,lol.

haha my leprechaun name is fluffy potfiller!love it!! and i'm 70%

lol, mine is Moneybags, O'Gold :naughty:

and I'm only 45% Irish...(I though it'd be less!)

I think not drinking and no interest in sports leaves a lot of those boxes blank.:mf_rosetinted:

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh cool, sounds like fun! Are you enjoying Spain so far?

I'm good, only one more maths paper to go, then its freedom!

yeah, and I like it more because it's creative digital media if it wasn't creative I'd feel a bit sad or something,lol.

lol, mine is Moneybags, O'Gold :naughty:

and I'm only 45% Irish...(I though it'd be less!)

I think not drinking and no interest in sports leaves a lot of those boxes blank.:mf_rosetinted:

lol.

yeah I can't believe I've less than three weeks left here!!!

Niamh, you don't know Sam Sparro?!(he's the support act in Amsterdam:D)

I love him so much I even made a thread about him:blush-anim-cl:

Here it is:

http://mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15194

:wub2: oh so exciting!:pbjt:

lol. I just downloaded some of his songs....I like Black and Gold, haven't listened to the others yet

Hey!!

it's 12:40am in Melbourne, Australia! :naughty:

How's your day been?

oh wow so it's Saturday there! cool!

My day has been nice and relaxing, I haven't done anything except go to the supermarket, lol. I had a long week so I needed a rest!! :wink2:

And how was your day?

oh wow so it's Saturday there! cool!

My day has been nice and relaxing, I haven't done anything except go to the supermarket, lol. I had a long week so I needed a rest!! :wink2:

And how was your day?

I went to the supermarket tonight and Love Today was on the overhead speakers :roftl: I started laughing. Every time I go somewhere lately I hear Mika. I'm sure he's stalking me.

Why was it such a long week?

Have you got anything planned for the weekend?

I went to the supermarket tonight and Love Today was on the overhead speakers :roftl: I started laughing. Every time I go somewhere lately I hear Mika. I'm sure he's stalking me.

Why was it such a long week?

Have you got anything planned for the weekend?

Ah cool!! lol. I was in a clothes shop here last weekend and Relax came on, I was bopping around hahahaha

It was just long cos I had friends visiting so I was working, showing my friends around the city, working, eating out, late nights in bars, trying to fit some sleep in, trying to live around electricians who were fixing the wiring in the flat.....lol. But I'm not complaining, it was really enjoyable having my friends from Ireland here. :thumb_yello:

Tomorrow I'm going to visit another city with two friends, and after that just take it easy I think!! how about you??

Ah cool!! lol. I was in a clothes shop here last weekend and Relax came on, I was bopping around hahahaha

It was just long cos I had friends visiting so I was working, showing my friends around the city, working, eating out, late nights in bars, trying to fit some sleep in, trying to live around electricians who were fixing the wiring in the flat.....lol. But I'm not complaining, it was really enjoyable having my friends from Ireland here. :thumb_yello:

Tomorrow I'm going to visit another city with two friends, and after that just take it easy I think!! how about you??

Oh wow! what a busy week! How do you do all that and still find time for MFC :roftl: What sort of work do you do?

I don't work atm, but am looking for something. It's hard to find work with flexible hours.

This week was probably my most boring ever. :naughty: I had a bit of a flu and couldn't do much. But feeling better now and looking forward to doing something (anything!!) this weekend. Probably some clothes shopping tomorrow. I want to go to the second hand stores and find a new old jacket for winter.. something vintage.:punk:

Oh wow! what a busy week! How do you do all that and still find time for MFC :roftl: What sort of work do you do?

I don't work atm, but am looking for something. It's hard to find work with flexible hours.

This week was probably my most boring ever. :naughty: I had a bit of a flu and couldn't do much. But feeling better now and looking forward to doing something (anything!!) this weekend. Probably some clothes shopping tomorrow. I want to go to the second hand stores and find a new old jacket for winter.. something vintage.:punk:

Oh cool that sounds interesting!! I hope you feel better, flus are pretty horrible :thumbdown:

I teach English as a Foreign Language...at the moment I'm working as an assistant teacher in a primary school here in madrid. It's not my life plan, I just got my BA last year so I'm working at the moment to earn money and live in different places...Sept 2009 I hope to start a postgrad in Linguistics (if I get accepted!) So I have another year free, and at the moment I'm tryin to decide where to go!!!

What would u like to work in?

Oh cool that sounds interesting!! I hope you feel better, flus are pretty horrible :thumbdown:

I teach English as a Foreign Language...at the moment I'm working as an assistant teacher in a primary school here in madrid. It's not my life plan, I just got my BA last year so I'm working at the moment to earn money and live in different places...Sept 2009 I hope to start a postgrad in Linguistics (if I get accepted!) So I have another year free, and at the moment I'm tryin to decide where to go!!!

What would u like to work in?

Oh cool! Is it hard to teach English to primary schoolers? I'd actually love to do that!!

What other places have you lived in or are thinking of going?

I've never left Australia - hahaha how boring am I?? :blush-anim-cl:

But a few of us Aussie MFCers are planning a trip to Ireland at the end of the year (That's why I invaded this thread :wink2: and I'm Half-Irish)

I'd love to work in a field that I can use around the world, because I really want to travel.. I'm fully trained for anything retail related, but I'm completely sick of working in that field. My favourite type of work is on computers. Pulling them apart and fixing them or just using them.. But then my mothering nature wants me to be a nurse or a teacher. I'm at a bit of a career change dilemma atm :naughty:

I hope you get accepted next year. I don't know what doing that would mean for you.. so, what sort of a career can you get from it?

Oh cool! Is it hard to teach English to primary schoolers? I'd actually love to do that!!

What other places have you lived in or are thinking of going?

I've never left Australia - hahaha how boring am I?? :blush-anim-cl:

But a few of us Aussie MFCers are planning a trip to Ireland at the end of the year (That's why I invaded this thread :wink2: and I'm Half-Irish)

I'd love to work in a field that I can use around the world, because I really want to travel.. I'm fully trained for anything retail related, but I'm completely sick of working in that field. My favourite type of work is on computers. Pulling them apart and fixing them or just using them.. But then my mothering nature wants me to be a nurse or a teacher. I'm at a bit of a career change dilemma atm :naughty:

I hope you get accepted next year. I don't know what doing that would mean for you.. so, what sort of a career can you get from it?

oooh wow!! I'd like to go to Australia some time.... Yeah ye so should go to Ireland! If I'm there then, I'll definitely meet up with ye!!

I find t a bit challenging working with kids cos I'm not the best "kids-person"; I prefer working with adults or at least teenagers, cos with kids it's all about dumbing things down and repeating and repeating.....

I've lived in Spain and Costa Rica and now I can't decide between Portugal and the Middle East...I want to improve my Portuguese but I also want to learn Arabic so I don't know!

Ah I know what you mean...in my opinion, there's no point in doing a job just for the sake of it..if it's not something that you love, then you need to find somehting you DO love......

Have you looked into getting a job in computers? Or would you prefer to train as a nurse or a teacher? Nursing or teaching would definitely allow you to travel - they're needed everywhere!!

I hope to do a PhD in linguistics so ultimately I'd love to be a lecturer in that area, as well as researching historical and comparative linguistics (how languages have changed over time and how different languages are related) either in Latin American native languages or maybe Sanskrit-related languages.....we'll see :thumb_yello:

oooh wow!! I'd like to go to Australia some time.... Yeah ye so should go to Ireland! If I'm there then, I'll definitely meet up with ye!!

I find t a bit challenging working with kids cos I'm not the best "kids-person"; I prefer working with adults or at least teenagers, cos with kids it's all about dumbing things down and repeating and repeating.....

I've lived in Spain and Costa Rica and now I can't decide between Portugal and the Middle East...I want to improve my Portuguese but I also want to learn Arabic so I don't know!

Ah I know what you mean...in my opinion, there's no point in doing a job just for the sake of it..if it's not something that you love, then you need to find somehting you DO love......

Have you looked into getting a job in computers? Or would you prefer to train as a nurse or a teacher? Nursing or teaching would definitely allow you to travel - they're needed everywhere!!

I hope to do a PhD in linguistics so ultimately I'd love to be a lecturer in that area, as well as researching historical and comparative linguistics (how languages have changed over time and how different languages are related) either in Latin American native languages or maybe Sanskrit-related languages.....we'll see :thumb_yello:

That would be awesome. We're thinking of traveling around New Years. :punk: Hopefully staying for 3 weeks. So far it's nico_collard, soangel and myself. But there could be more!!

And if you come here, you have to catch up with us!

I'm probably not the best kids person either. I mean, I mutter under my breath when I see parents not controlling their unruly child and quite a few times have told the child myself to stop doing what they're doing :naughty: oops, but it's normally when the parents offload their kids onto other people and don't care if it bothers those people. It bothers me. I think that's why I'd work with kids, because I feel there's alot that are getting neglected discipline-wise. I don't mean getting told off etc. I mean they are lacking focus and attention and without it they run wild. There's my mothering side again. :roftl: Nursing's definitely more my field though. It's a tough decision.

Portugal would be lovely! That's where I'd pick :wub2: Go there! Take me with you!!

I have worked with computers. It's something I can do really easily. Money wise it's perfect, but career-wise it's not very fulfilling. It's boring as hell at times!! I do want something that's more rewarding and challenging.

Wow! I'm impressed with your ambitions! I really hope you get accepted now. How many languages can you speak?

That would be awesome. We're thinking of traveling around New Years. Hopefully staying for 3 weeks. So far it's nico_collard, soangel and myself. But there could be more!!

And if you come here, you have to catch up with us!

I'm probably not the best kids person either. I mean, I mutter under my breath when I see parents not controlling their unruly child and quite a few times have told the child myself to stop doing what they're doing :naughty: oops, but it's normally when the parents offload their kids onto other people and don't care if it bothers those people. It bothers me. I think that's why I'd work with kids, because I feel there's alot that are getting neglected discipline-wise. I don't mean getting told off etc. I mean they are lacking focus and attention and without it they run wild. There's my mothering side again. Nursing's definitely more my field though. It's a tough decision.

Portugal would be lovely! That's where I'd pick :wub2: Go there! Take me with you!!

I have worked with computers. It's something I can do really easily. Money wise it's perfect, but career-wise it's not very fulfilling. It's boring as hell at times!! I do want something that's more rewarding and challenging.

Wow! I'm impressed with your ambitions! I really hope you get accepted now. How many languages can you speak?

I totally agree with you about kids; it's frustrating teaching them and knowing that their parents won't help them with problems they have. It's sad. It sounds to me like you'd make a good teacher!!!!

I mean, the other thing is, you don't have to choose just one....you can always change again in the future. Think about what you'd look forward to doing when you get up each morning........does that help?

I speak Irish, Spanish, German and a little Portuguese. I can understand Italian and French but I don't really speak them....Yeah I was in Lisbon earlier this year and I loved it...but I'm wondering if I'd prefer to be somewhere outside of Europe...for us, Europe is the closest we can get...and I get restless really easily, lol...I've been to the United Arab Emirates so I'm considering going there, but it's a big step, lol.

Wherever I am by then, I'll definitely be home for Christmas and New Year's so we'll have to meet up!!! :punk:

Have ye made any definite plans yet? The main cities to visit would be Dublin, Cork and Galway (my home town :wink2:) and of course there are loads of tourist places like the Cliffs of Moher, the Aran Islands, the Ring of Kerry...but it depends on how long ye're planning on going for. You'd see a lot in 3 weeks though, it's not a big place :naughty: If I can help with anything about places/transport/accommodation info., just let me know :thumb_yello:

Okay, I have to go but I'll be back later....it's been great talking to you! We'll have to do it again soon :punk:

take care!

I totally agree with you about kids; it's frustrating teaching them and knowing that their parents won't help them with problems they have. It's sad. It sounds to me like you'd make a good teacher!!!!

I mean, the other thing is, you don't have to choose just one....you can always change again in the future. Think about what you'd look forward to doing when you get up each morning........does that help?

I speak Irish, Spanish, German and a little Portuguese. I can understand Italian and French but I don't really speak them....Yeah I was in Lisbon earlier this year and I loved it...but I'm wondering if I'd prefer to be somewhere outside of Europe...for us, Europe is the closest we can get...and I get restless really easily, lol...I've been to the United Arab Emirates so I'm considering going there, but it's a big step, lol.

Wherever I am by then, I'll definitely be home for Christmas and New Year's so we'll have to meet up!!!

Have ye made any definite plans yet? The main cities to visit would be Dublin, Cork and Galway (my home town :wink2:) and of course there are loads of tourist places like the Cliffs of Moher, the Aran Islands, the Ring of Kerry...but it depends on how long ye're planning on going for. You'd see a lot in 3 weeks though, it's not a big place If I can help with anything about places/transport/accommodation info., just let me know :thumb_yello:

Okay, I have to go but I'll be back later....it's been great talking to you! We'll have to do it again soon :punk:

take care!

Great advice!! Waking up and knowing I make a real difference is what I'm looking for.

I'd love to learn Irish and German one day. And I can sort of understand French and Italian too, but only because I learnt it a little at school.

We'll definitely have to meet up! That will be awesome! We haven't got any definite plans yet but we plan to do some "This is where my family comes from" sightseeing :naughty: So it would be great if you show us around Galway! We have talked a bit about going to Scotland too. And we'd be crazy not to go to London, at least for a few days.

But Ireland is our true destination. :wub2:

Thanks for offering your help. Very much appreciated:blush-anim-cl: Same goes for when you decide to come here! We'll look after you.

I should go to bed.. It's 3:30am.

I believe I am already functioning on GMT :naughty:

TC, it was great talking to you also!

Catch ya soon. Invade the Aussie thread!

:yay: its hard not tp be really...Mika!! and yeah, life has been in cartoon motion for ages now

cool, I never heard of him (is he famous?), but I've a good friend from Belarus, she'd probably know him, I'll ask her sometime.

Thats awful! I mean postponing it is one thing, but till September!!:shocked:

Ah well, it might be worth the wait!

Naah he's not really famous outside the Belarus/Russia area (I know him from Eurovision last year :blush-anim-cl:) your friend should definitely know him though! :D

Oh I hope everything went well for you today! :thumb_yello:

Kelzy - that sounds great! :D I'm sure ye'll see everything there is to see in 3 weeks! I'd be glad to help too if you need any info or advice :thumb_yello:

Hello Ireland.:wub2:

Hello New Jersey :wub2:

i was gonna ask that! mikaminds think alike:wink2:

what? Ask if it would be freezing??? :roftl::roftl: or if we Aussie's are mad?

I think the answers Yes to both. :naughty: