The appleman can!!! - The official SEQUEL!

Kata

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think he always looks lovely--I mean, he's got great bone structure--but I do prefer the more boyish look. I also think he brushed his hair back a bit much--I would've gone with something a bit more side-swept. Still, yeah, it looked very debonair for the occasion. Anyway, I can't believe people are freaking out so much. On either side of the "controversy."

--Jack

I knew this is the place to be to discuss Mika's sliminess :wink2: .

I'm not too sure if I like the look. I mean it looks good. He's a handsome man but I prefer the curls. This looks a bit too Latino Lover like. That's something I can't stand. But it suits him. I'm still confused. I'll show my sisiter a pic later. She hates his curls :sneaky2: .

And I definitely won't sign a petition for the return of his curls!

I think he always looks lovely--I mean, he's got great bone structure--but I do prefer the more boyish look. I also think he brushed his hair back a bit much--I would've gone with something a bit more side-swept. Still, yeah, it looked very debonair for the occasion. Anyway, I can't believe people are freaking out so much. On either side of the "controversy."

--Jack

Yeah that hair is not perfect. But I think it's time for his super coiffed curls to go. I think his natural look is the most appealing but he obviously likes to be dramatic, one way or the other.

He doesn't have a natural boyish look like Patrick Wolf. His 5 o'clock shadow is coming in at 11 am. Unless he puts on a huge artifice he's going to look more and more like a man in the coming years whether he slicks his hair back or curls it like a 3-year-old's. The fake curls and other boyish effects are going to look silly as time passes and I'm glad he's sensible enough to start experimenting with new looks.

In a bizarre google twist, I came upon the seating list for these awards.

It was quite strange that MIKA came with Yasmine, but she was put on Table 11 with Amy Winehouse and Blake FC, while MIKA was on Table 12 with his manager, publicist, Universal Music & Island Record big wigs etc

(I know, I need a life, I googled them all to find out why they would be on his table!!)

But all is revealed.

Mika was having a business meeting at the Q Awards. :shocked:

It was probably the only time they could all be together at the same place at the same time. :naughty:

Looks like similar things were happening at other tables. So the awards are only secondary to the whole marketing/publicity/record company thing. Which would probably be why Mika drew attention to himself via the hair this time.

Gets into the press for his look even if he didn't get an award.

Good thinking, MIKA marketers.

Im quoting it here cause I so love spreading the gossip.

A business look?

Im quoting it here cause I so love spreading the gossip.

A business look?

Of course. That explains a lot. That is his official business look. Hides the briefcase behind his back and hopes that no one will find out. Clever boy :mf_rosetinted: . If it works for him, why not?! I think I'll try that as well. Put some grease in my hair and try to get some money. Maybe tomorrow :mf_rosetinted:

I don't get the connection between Mika schmoozing with his record company and combing his hair.

Because he looks much more serious with his hair like that. So he might get a bit more money. He looks like a banker who gives his record company the feeling that he is able to handle their money well.

Because he looks much more serious with his hair like that. So he might get a bit more money. He looks like a banker who gives his record company the feeling that he is able to handle their money well.

I think his record company already knows what Mika looks like and I doubt that they were engaging in formal negotiations at an awards ceremony. If anything, it was probably the record company execs who wanted to look good sitting at Mika's table. He's their brightest star aside from Wino, who was probably seated at another table lest she gets trashed and embarrass everyone.

They probably all thought they were going to be sitting beside him when Mika picked up his award, because who could have imagined that Kate Nash would beat him?

Yeah that hair is not perfect. But I think it's time for his super coiffed curls to go. I think his natural look is the most appealing but he obviously likes to be dramatic, one way or the other.

He doesn't have a natural boyish look like Patrick Wolf. His 5 o'clock shadow is coming in at 11 am. Unless he puts on a huge artifice he's going to look more and more like a man in the coming years whether he slicks his hair back or curls it like a 3-year-old's. The fake curls and other boyish effects are going to look silly as time passes and I'm glad he's sensible enough to start experimenting with new looks.

Actually the hair looks better in some of the last photos that have been posted. But anyway.

I think it is entirely possible to look boyish with 5 o'clock shadow (though Mika often cultivates the slightly unshaven look on purpose), because by "boyish" in Mika's case, I mean in attitude, not "actually looking like a little boy." I also don't think curls are necessarily childish--they are dramatic, and serve as a good signature, but plenty of people have worn them well beyond adolescence. He may well phase them out for a more casual wavyness, though. (And I actually think longer curled hair, as in Grace Kelly, looks less young-ish than short curly hair.)

That said, I don't really care what he does with his hair, although it would be odd to see his "trademark" go. As I said, I think both sides of the "debate" (ie, "Ommmmmmmg so hot I'm gonna die!" and "noooooooooo bring back the curls!") are kinda silly. As is the fact that there is a "debate."

--Jack

Yeah...I don't care for debates. But I know what I like. My avatar tells it all.

But leave me to my imagination (or denial) that its not slimy and greasy.

If I had not known MIKA with curls before, this might look Ricky Suave/Grease Lightning to me....but thankfully an impressive impression was already made.

As I said, I think both sides of the "debate" (ie, "Ommmmmmmg so hot I'm gonna die!" and "noooooooooo bring back the curls!") are kinda silly. As is the fact that there is a "debate."

--Jack

Umm...isn't most of what goes on on this site kinda silly? :insane: