Theater Lovers!!! (Plays and Musicals)

LnrdToxic

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GUYS, sorry i started this and left! lol...ive beeeen soooo busy with school! anyways...

I'm currently in a production of a musical called "The Robber Bridegroom" Its a phenomenal super duper neat musical! its bluegrass! ahha The first time I heard it i HATED it, i was like, what is this, and oh god why would any university want to produce it? haha. Well i've fallen in love with it, and that is why im sharing it with you!

so look it up people, and if u want the soundtrack, pm me, i can hook u up! heheh

PS: if u want to be a Theater/re Lover, just PM me please? Ill add u to the list!

mika_lover123, I got you!

Went to say "the talented Mr Ripley" as a play tonight, it was BRILLIANT!!!

My favourite musicals are "We will rock you", "Cats" and "The phanthom of the opera" ...I know they're all very different, but I love each of them! :punk:

My fave

nope.

what's it about, Hollis?

I took this from the Facebook event:

Abandoned by her guardian angel, Marisol must navigate the unpredictable, dangerous and surprisingly funny world of the Bronx as she searches for a safe haven and life’s meaning. Rivera’s apocalyptic tragi-comedy pulses with a nightmarish mix of sensuality, paranoia, religious ecstasy and hope.

GUYS, sorry i started this and left! lol...ive beeeen soooo busy with school! anyways...

PS: if u want to be a Theater/re Lover, just PM me please? Ill add u to the list!

mika_lover123, I got you!

"Theater/re"

haha, yay!

i can't go on my facebook anymore.

two of my friends that are going out are always sending stupid little things to each other >.<

i want to throw a sheep at both of them!

what have sheep done to you?

you can't thrown them.

besides rocks are better, even when hitting friends.

I'm dying to see Spring Awakening, it looks amaaaazing!

I've seen Rent and Hairspray, which were very good!

hairspray is so much fun to see live, so heinken22, if youre lookin' for a fun show, i deffinetly recommned hairspray

i do too!!!

i dunno if i can get my mom to go see it with me. :thumbdown:

oooh, Hairspray would be awesome. :biggrin2:

too bad Wicked was sold out.

so all you theater/re lovers, i have a question.

what play do you reccommend i see whilst i am in NYC?

i'm definately going to see Phantom, but i have the option to see another play, but i can't pick!

any suggestions?

SPRING AWAKENING! :mf_lustslow: (ive seen it 3 times hehehe, i know im a looser)

HAIRSPRAY is really good!

The 25th Annual Putnam County SPELLING BEE is AMAZING! go see it!

hmmm i dont have much experience in seeing plays,

i was the princaple violin for Oliver when our school did it, that was alot of fun

i have forgottern what the next one they are doing is called, but im not sure if i will go back to help after i have left year 12, it sounds a bit dodgy

the person who directed our school performances and musicals has left, and our reputation of professionalsim, quality etc. is spiraling fast. :(

• 2 months later...

hello my fellow theater lovers!

i have a favor to ask.

in two weeks, i have an audition for Once Upon A Mattress, and i need help finding a song and monologue.

the song has to be classical broadway (so nothing after 1980's)

and the monologue, preferrably, needs to be comedic.

any suggestions?

mucho gracias!

• 1 month later...

Soooooo, this thread's been dead for a while, but I felt the need to resurrect it...

My university is one of 6 schools that were asked personally by the Rogers and Hammerstein people to be a test site for Phantom of the Opera, since it's never been adapted to a non-professional stage like that. So obviously, this was a really big deal for our school.

Anyway, I got to see the show last night, and it was the MOST AMAZING THING I'VE EVER SEEN. Honestly, our musical theater department did a fantastic job in adapting the show to our budget and scale, and the acting/singing was really outstanding. I was blown away with our Christine, Raoul, and Phantom. Just wanted to share, because I wish you guys could have seen it!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok.... bringing the thread back to life.... Has anyone here read the glass menagerie???? I need help with writing a review on it. It says in big capital letters A BRIEF SYNOPSIS... which is proving harder than expected.... If any one can help me with the genre and style, the themes and anything else you think is a note worthy topic please do....

Ok.... bringing the thread back to life.... Has anyone here read the glass menagerie???? I need help with writing a review on it. It says in big capital letters A BRIEF SYNOPSIS... which is proving harder than expected.... If any one can help me with the genre and style, the themes and anything else you think is a note worthy topic please do....

:thumb_yello: Hiya hun !! I did study this play in Acting School .... pfffttt ... & it IS pretty complex .... however , you may get some help from this WIKI site ... Good luck !! :thumb_yello:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Glass_Menagerie

I went to see Hairspray on Thursday and I have to see it's the best musical I've been able to see live! The sets were absolutely fantastic....I was so impressed.. And the singing was incredibly. I wish I could have filmed it, so you all could see just how great it was!

I will be seeing Chicago on Monday...hopefully it will be really good as well!