This has got to stop.

CazGirl

If you look at the schedule as it stands, it's fairly sensible.

First there is nothing on the schedule from 20th Aug to 9th Oct.

Basically there seems to be a pattern of work 3 days, 1 day off, then at the end of October, there is nothing on the schedule for a whole week they then work one day and are off for two, work two then off for one, then work five days, off for one again.

Work 3 off 3 and so on.

Agreed. And it's all geographically manageable--the gigs flow smoothly from city-to-city, region-to-region, without doing that whole Monday-UK, Tuesday-Sweden, Wednesday-Italy, Thursday-Japan thing he was trying to do this summer.

It's basically exactly what I was talking about when I said he needed to be scheduled smarter. Being a touring musician IS after all a job, and most people do in fact do their job 5 days a week. When handled properly, with regular breaks and decent traveling times, it's quite possible to pull it off.

I do think he may need to have more days scheduled for rest and definitely he should watch it with tv appearances and interviews, but this doesn't look as dire as you make it, Caz.

Besides. After all the cancellations this summer, at this point both Mika and his management should be aware of the dangers of overbooking, and should know how much he can handle and his limits. He's a grown man, let him be that and let's NOT act like his babysitter. He can wipe his own spit, he can make his own decisions, he can learn from his (and his management's) mistakes. Hopefully.

If not, then I guess there'll be more cancellations to come and then everyone will really have to pay for it. But if someone there is determined to run his career into the crapper, there's nothing we can do to stop them.

--Jack

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just feel bad, because if this ends up getting to be too much for him, which it looks like it would be too much for any human, he'll end up cancelling gigs. And I think it'd be a lot easier for everyone if there were just no gig to begin with and we'd be looking foward to one in the future, instead of looking foward to one and having it takin away. It's like taking candy from a baby for his fans.

I just feel bad, because if this ends up getting to be too much for him, which it looks like it would be too much for any human, he'll end up cancelling gigs. And I think it'd be a lot easier for everyone if there were just no gig to begin with and we'd be looking foward to one in the future, instead of looking foward to one and having it takin away. It's like taking candy from a baby for his fans.

totally agreed

what more can we do?

Caz you can't do anything. You're going to have to accept that Mika needs to work for a living. He's only got 12 dates in October and 17 in November and he's got an almost 2 month break between next week and then.

If there's a job going where I can work 30-odd days in 4 months, sign me up man!

If the schedule stays as it is and he still can't hack it, Mika is going to have to seriously consider another vocation. His itinerary is perfectly typical and if he can't manage it then he's really not cut out to be a live performer.

Basically there seems to be a pattern of work 3 days, 1 day off, then at the end of October, there is nothing on the schedule for a whole week they then work one day and are off for two, work two then off for one, then work five days, off for one again.

Work 3 off 3 and so on.

I can't believe I did that.

It's when they start cramming tv appearances etc into the gaps that it will start to be a problem IMO.

Besides. After all the cancellations this summer, at this point both Mika and his management should be aware of the dangers of overbooking, and should know how much he can handle and his limits. He's a grown man, let him be that and let's NOT act like his babysitter. He can wipe his own spit, he can make his own decisions, he can learn from his (and his management's) mistakes. Hopefully.

If not, then I guess there'll be more cancellations to come and then everyone will really have to pay for it. But if someone there is determined to run his career into the crapper, there's nothing we can do to stop them.

--Jack

Yep. Exactly. :mf_rosetinted:

Agreed. And it's all geographically manageable--the gigs flow smoothly from city-to-city, region-to-region, without doing that whole Monday-UK, Tuesday-Sweden, Wednesday-Italy, Thursday-Japan thing he was trying to do this summer.

It's basically exactly what I was talking about when I said he needed to be scheduled smarter. Being a touring musician IS after all a job, and most people do in fact do their job 5 days a week. When handled properly, with regular breaks and decent traveling times, it's quite possible to pull it off.

I do think he may need to have more days scheduled for rest and definitely he should watch it with tv appearances and interviews, but this doesn't look as dire as you make it, Caz.

--Jack

yeah. i did look at his schedule and just saw LOADS of gigs, practically one right after the other, and went into such a blind fury i just went and posted without giving it a proper look. i apologise for my over-reaction, but someone else would have done the same, I think. I did say in one post that there was nothing more we could do, that is was down to Mika now if anything did go wrong...I agree that TV appearences etc would make the schedule more difficult...hopefully there wont be too many of them.

:shocked: that is ridiculus! haven't they learnt anything from these past few cancellations?! that's a really rough schedule :no: this is bad cause i can just imagine how exhausted he'd be by nov and gigs being cancelled :thumbdown:

Caz you can't do anything. You're going to have to accept that Mika needs to work for a living. He's only got 12 dates in October and 17 in November and he's got an almost 2 month break between next week and then.

If there's a job going where I can work 30-odd days in 4 months, sign me up man!

If the schedule stays as it is and he still can't hack it, Mika is going to have to seriously consider another vocation. His itinerary is perfectly typical and if he can't manage it then he's really not cut out to be a live performer.

that was meant to be read as like "hopeless"...not really a question lol. and i did say in a later post that we've all done our best, but that it's just to Mika now if anything were to go wrong.

Work 3 off 3 and so on.

I can't believe I did that.

It's when they start cramming tv appearances etc into the gaps that it will start to be a problem IMO.

I have to say, that I'm not soooo very worried. Yep it's a lot, but, as Cherisse said: it's their job. If they were doing like one show every weekend, it was more like a hobby and they wouldn't be able to make a living out of it.

Don't get me wrong: I'm sure it will be exhausting, but at least there won't be any jetlags. For example in november:

11th: Holland

12th: Luxemburg

13th: Belgium

these places are like 2 hours driving from eachother, so I think they can cope...

About the december gigs: maybe they will be tired, but let's not rush into conclusions and sell all our tickets and panic. He's not the only musician in the world to do this :-) And I still have faith that they learned from this summer. Not every manager is an idiot...

not cut out to be a live performer?!

ahhaha, that's craaazy.

have you seen this man live, or atleast videos?

live performances is mika.

She doesn't mean "he can't put on a good show." She just means, if doing his job makes him sick and he can't physically handle it, he may need to get another job.

I may be a brilliant accountant but if dealing with numbers for more than a couple hours gives me headaches, I may need to realize that it's not something I can do for a living.

--Jack

She doesn't mean "he can't put on a good show." She just means, if doing his job makes him sick and he can't physically handle it, he may need to get another job.

I may be a brilliant accountant but if dealing with numbers for more than a couple hours gives me headaches, I may need to realize that it's not something I can do for a living.

--Jack

thats a good way to put it lol. where is your avatar from, btw?

OMFG!..."My hands cupped my cheeks in despair", "i just have so much anger within me but i cant do anything about it"!! Cut down the drama! I just wanna throw up! I know he has many concerts but you are simply annoying and pathetic! Get a life!:bash::gun2:

yeah, but most people dont just go from being a pop star to going to an ordinary job. I mean, he's been touring for almost a year now,and to add this whole new tour comming up is insane on anybody. I mean, people in the music industry take breaks all the time, and make huge come backs. And at the same time, on top of this tour, mika had to be recording some new tracks, some have already leaked.

I agree with taking a break and only putting what he can handle on his plate, but a whole new career? i think that's a bit much.

and now that i think of it, who's to say he wont be able to handle this upcomming tour? we should be confident in him, if anything, doubt from his fans is something he doesn't need.

OMFG!..."My hands cupped my cheeks in despair", "i just have so much anger within me but i cant do anything about it"!! Cut down the drama! I just wanna through up! I know he has many concerts but you are simply annoying and pathetic! Get a life!:bash::gun2:

thats a bit rude ... :shocked::sneaky2:

that was meant to be read as like "hopeless"...not really a question lol. and i did say in a later post that we've all done our best, but that it's just to Mika now if anything were to go wrong.

I realize you were being rhetorical. I'm just saying that you needn't even be worried about it. I know Mika had a bad schedule for a few months there, he seems to have come down with an infection and he can't shake it because he hasn't been able to take a proper break.

But he's going to take an extended break (much longer than most people in the real world ever get) and he's heading back to what is a very typical and for most performers, perfectly manageable schedule.

For anyone who thinks it's not humanly possible, Paolo Nutini has been doing this for 18 months. While Mika was cancelling dates, he was doing all the festivals this summer and last. He's going to be slogging away all through September and early October while Mika is lying on a beach somewhere.

http://www.myspace.com/paolonutini

OMFG!..."My hands cupped my cheeks in despair", "i just have so much anger within me but i cant do anything about it"!! Cut down the drama! I just wanna through up! I know he has many concerts but you are simply annoying and pathetic! Get a life!:bash::gun2:

...who are you?

I realize you were being rhetorical. I'm just saying that you needn't even be worried about it. I know Mika had a bad schedule for a few months there, he seems to have come down with an infection and he can't shake it because he hasn't been able to take a proper break.

But he's going to take an extended break (much longer than most people in the real world ever get) and he's heading back to what is a very typical and for most performers, perfectly manageable schedule.

For anyone who thinks it's not humanly possible, Paolo Nutini has been doing this for 18 months. While Mika was cancelling dates, he was doing all the festivals this summer and last. He's going to be slogging away all through September and early October while Mika is lying on a beach somewhere.

http://www.myspace.com/paolonutini

i do realise i kinda jumped straight in without looking...i do feel a bit stupid now.

i do realise i kinda jumped straight in without looking...i do feel a bit stupid now.

Caz you should feel proud that your campaign has paid off. Mika and Co. are doing exactly what fans have been imploring them to do for months. Take an extended break and come back with a manageable schedule.

Be happy!