2007 - EMA: MTV European Music Awards (Olympiahalle in Munich, Germany): 01-11-2007

Pamette

the commentators on MTV France (yelle was one of them) said that mika's performance was one of the best with the Foo Fighters!!!!!!!!!!!

actually they were for him for the last award, they were saying "mika mika mika".... till they said avril...............

Oh how I love my Frenchies for loving Mika that much! :mf_lustslow::wink2:

Hmmm...I'm quite upset that he didn't win, what's wrong with the world? Can't anyone appreciate quality anymore? (obviously not):boxed:

Then again, the first thing my BF said when he saw that I had the TV on for this and that Mika was on, was: "I thought that these type of shows/awards are not his scene?"

I reckon that pretty much says it all.

Mika and his uniqueness are way above all these politics/fanfairs, and is probably better off that way anyway.:thumb_yello:

I mean, Avril?? Come on!!! :thumbdown:

Actually, i don´t want my hair blue, i want my hair PURPLE :mf_lustslow:

I have blue hair!!! My sister's hair is purple... it's pretty though... I might change it though...it was pink, i miss it though...blue isn't that bad

I like Bryan Adams though.

BTW I am quite sure that there are millions of people who will have the same opinion (or worse) about Mika as we have about Avril Lavigne. Remember we're biased. :wink2:

I've liked Bryan Adams well enough in my day but since his career began there have been dozens of Canadian artists with far more talent and appeal than he has. I never understood why he would be so successful when they couldn't get a foot in the door, even in the US.

We may be biased in favour of Mika, but there is a difference between a skilled vocalist and one who is terrible, no matter what you think of the person or their music. I wasn't crazy about LiCM when I heard it and wasn't interested in Mika personally, but I went to his concert because I knew he had operatic training so at least it wouldn't be offensively bad.

When I saw Avril Lavigne it hurt my ears. Seriously. My friend had to leave the floor while she was on it was so painful.

He does not kiss anyones ass - he is himself, and writes and

performs the way he wants to. The music moguls don't like

individuals with a mind of their own!!

This is exactly what my mum and I were talking about when I told her he didn't win. First she said that she's sure he is going to win lots of awards in the future...But I think he's already the biggest winner of all. He's not a doll in the hands of cruel music industry-at least he doesn't seem to be one to me. He writes his own songs, music, lyrics,...he does everything. And most importantly- you can see that he really loves what he does. And no one can beat that.

However I'm still a bit sad because he didn't win...it just seems so unfair.:boxed: It really looks like that people don't like and appreciate good and quality music nowadays. And this is what makes me a bit upset. Because I've always believed that is what awards are for- to award those who work hard and with love and passion- and not for those who are more or less sell outs.:sneaky2:

I posted this elsewhere but I guess I can post it here too, as it's appropiate:

If there was any justice, he would have won, but I guess that this comes to show that one can't let "the masses" make these decisions...or the fact that the voting system is so poor, that in the end it comes down to the person who has more time to waste or is more obsessed, to repeatedly vote and vote for their artist.....

It doesn't necessarily seem like the fairest method or even the most accurate way of measuring votes, is it?

Also, I personally think that Mika is way too good for all this stupid "scene" and that he's way above it.

So perhaps they are doing him a favour and he should just ignore these awards in the future, and concentrate on the important stuff instead: making music and peforming for those who actually DO appreciate him.

Now please nobody jump on my back, this is MY view of the situation and I know that people may think differently :wink2: .

This is exactly what my mom and I were talking about when I told her he didn't win. First she said that she's sure he is going to win lots of awards in the future...But I think he's already the biggest winner of all. He's not a doll in the hands of cruel music industry-at least he doesn't seem to be one to me. He writes his own songs, music, lyrics,...he does everything. And most importantly- you can see that he really loves what he does. And no one can beat that.

However I'm still a bit sad because he didn't win...it just seems so unfair.:boxed: It really looks like that people don't like and appreciate good and quality music nowadays. And this is what makes me a bit upset. Because I've always believed that is what awards are for- to award those who work hard and with love and passion- and not for those who are more or less sell outs.:sneaky2:

your mum is right. he's won tonight: he has done an amazing performance that was his aim i guess....... he knew he won't win any award, we were hoping he will, so he tried to get the attention on him, with his number one hit Grace Kelly and to show the people his world.........he didn't even try to promote Happy Ending...

you don't have to be upset, he won more than Avril:wink2:

his music is very appreciated, you can't value if people likes or not an artist with the number of awards he received....but with the reaction of the crowd, you can...

This is exactly what my mom and I were talking about when I told her he didn't win. First she said that she's sure he is going to win lots of awards in the future...But I think he's already the biggest winner of all. He's not a doll in the hands of cruel music industry-at least he doesn't seem to be one to me. He writes his own songs, music, lyrics,...he does everything. And most importantly- you can see that he really loves what he does. And no one can beat that.

you've expressed the thoughts of many here...:thumb_yello:

I posted this elsewhere but I guess I can post it here too, as it's appropiate:

If there was any justice, he would have won, but I guess that this comes to show that one can't let "the masses" make these decisions...or the fact that the voting system is so poor, that in the end it comes down to the person who has more time to waste or is more obsessed, to repeatedly vote and vote for their artist.....

It doesn't necessarily seem like the fairest method or even the most accurate way of measuring votes, is it?

Also, I personally think that Mika is way too good for all this stupid "scene" and that he's way above it.

So perhaps they are doing him a favour and he should just ignore these awards in the future, and concentrate on the important stuff instead: making music and peforming for those who actually DO appreciate him.

Now please nobody jump on my back, this is MY view of the situation and I know that people may think differently :wink2: .

I agree with you, Sariflor! :thumb_yello:

Ok, the incomplete list of the national winners...Anyone knows who won in the other four countríes? :wink2:

Best Danish Act - Nephew

Best German Act - Bushido

Best French Act - Justice

Best Italian Act - J-Ax

Best Adriatic Act - Van Gogh (Serbia)

Best Dutch/Belgian act - Within Temptation (Netherlands)

Best Polish Act - Doda

Best Finnish Act - Negative

Best UK & Ireland Act - Muse

Best Portuguese Act - Da Weasel

Best Romanian Act - Andrea Banica

Best Norwegian Act - El Axel

Best Swedish Act - Neverstore

Best Baltic Act - Jurga

Best Spanish Act - Violadores del Verso

Best Turkish Act - Ceza

Best Hungarian Act - Ákos

Best Russian Act -

Best African Act -

Best Arab Act -

Best Ukrainian Act -

Celine Dion can at least sing, but I'd still like to slap her in the head.

Well that was a splurt-your-breakfast-on-the-computer moment!!:roftl: HAHAHAHAHA!!!

vrl lvgn...can't pronounce her shtt name without vomiting:sneaky2:

and another:roftl:....you girls, there'll be no breakfast left....hahahaha

your mum is right. he's won tonight: he has done an amazing performance that was his aim i guess....... he knew he won't win any award, we were hoping he will, so he tried to get the attention on him, with his number one hit Grace Kelly and to show the people his world.........he didn't even try to promote Happy Ending...

you don't have to be upset, he won more than Avril:wink2:

his music is very appreciated, you can't value if people likes or not an artist with the number of awards he received....but with the reaction of the crowd, you can...

Smart marketing really. Makes people sit up and take notice for next time. Did whats-her-face win any awards like this in her first year out???

And didn't she get sued for ripping that song off someone else???

I don't see anything about him saying that:blink:

....you must be drunk hahah

To prove to you I'm not drunk I'm copying and pasting from the same page what mellody said in her part 2 of a report...

(report, part 2)

- during lollipop, i threw a few lollipops on stage and mika picked them up, waved them around a bit and then threw them over his shoulder. does any of you have that on video or pix of it?

- he made a lot of eye contact with us (and i think also with many other fans in the centre of front row) during the show.

- usual setlist, with relax in the end. and shirt off during love today. he jumped around a lot, was very energetic in spite of his cold. just one time when he wanted to start talking, he theatrically gasped for air and said "i can't breathe!" and started laughing.

- he always came really close to us, when he was on that bit of stage in the front - that was really amazing, he was at least as close as he had been in ibiza! we had a perfect place, not completely in the centre, but at the left corner of this protruding stage part. and so, during the last song, ioana got mika's spit in her face when he was singing in our direction. she complained to everyone about it, but i guess she somehow liked it, cause she didn't wipe it off but just let it dry.

- meeting mika: i gave him my present and a letter. i had bought for him a english-german dictionary where you have pictures to every word, it's supposed to be easier to learn this way. he said it is good and sth else i don't remember, i told him his german was good but he didn't really believe me, i said i had heard that he was ill and wished him to get well soon. ioana and me told him we would be at the mtv awards and ioana said sth about him winning the awards but he said he doesn't believe he'll win. she also asked him sth about coming to romania, but i'll let her tell that herself, i didn't hear much of it. oh, and he liked her "got mika?" button! i didn't ask for an autograph, will do that another time... but i asked for a hug and got one.

part 3 will follow (meeting luke and cherisse)...

ah ha! this does really well for my self esteem because I have a volley ball game in an hour:naughty:

I don't care. :mf_rosetinted: He won my heart long time ago and proved just the other night that he deserves it.

He'll make his way with or without the MTV European Music award on his shelf. So what? He's not the most ordinary artist anyway, so why go ordinary ways?

GK was awesome, I loved how he packed his 90 minutes show just into two minutes, lol hopefully he won't adopt this idea for tomorrow night :naughty: