Scott Mills show between 4 and 7 today.

RAK1

OH DEAR!

I'm sorry, Armand Van Helden has destroyed this.

Mikas vocals are compressed to almost non exsistance, and if Mikey was excited before they did this, he must be mortified now, where the heck is his bass? It's all mashed up in a big mess.

It's trying to be Basement Jaxx, but Felix and Simon do it WAY better.

I thought with Mika liking reggae that he would be fairly faithful to the original, like with all the other covers he's done, but having Armand remixing it has murdered it. He was in Dubai when he worked on it, I can only think he must have had sunstroke when he did.

Mika vs Armand Van Helden?

Mika lost unfortunately .

oh no I missed it! I've just switched the radio on:/

If it wasn't good then I can only say that Calvin Harris failed big time to impress me with his cover

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news !!I wish I lived in the UK

Will someone record it pls ?:biggrin2:

yes......please.....:blush-anim-cl:

one more little piece of mika gold...in our mp3! :wub2:

yey!! finally!!! please, please, I know you are all fantastic genius in this thing, so can anyone record it?

:shocked:

I want to hear it! Is it that bad, or are you joking, Fred?

Could somebody upload it, please????

I missed it too!

I guess someone will upload it.

Pleaseee???

4a46b55d02000njsha0.gif

I'm with the outsiders!

:blink:

{The only minute I had to be fixed at pc I've had the brilliant idea to go out & get a life:cool:...}

I missed it. :sneaky2:

Arman van helden I think

Yeah, and what can you expect from a project with Armand van Helden... :blink:

I am getting very curious now. I don't like the Armand van Helden stuff in general so I would really like to hear this one. I guess I won't like it but I will try to stay neutral until I've heard it myself.

So far the only ones I've really liked have been Natasha Bedingfield doing Ray of Light and Maximo Park doing Sexyback, although I missed Just Jack and I can't imagine his being bad.

I am disappointed, I was really looking forward to this and it's just awful and I'm not against dance music, I love Basement Jaxx, Groove Armada, Fatboy Slim, Feddy LeGrande, and I even like Armand, but he has butchered this beyond recognision and I don't think that was fair to Mika.

pfff I missed it, but after reading the comments I think that was a good thing :boxed:

LOL I wasn't that bad but i wasn't the best thing since sliced bread either. Mika's vocals sounded great and for the first minute it was good and I thought made a refreshing change to do an up to date version. I have a feeling that fans of dance will love it may bring Mika to an audience that may not of listened to him before (or not have wanted to:naughty: ).

On the other hand I don't think it has done any justice for those who are not big Mika fans, tbh you either love or hate Mika and this may of turned some people in the wrong direction.

For those of us who are big Mika fans, some will love it, some will hate it but we wont stop being his fans because of it, we will wait for HE:biggrin2:

You never know everyone might love it and it will become number 1 until xmas LOL:roftl:

LOL I wasn't that bad but i wasn't the best thing since sliced bread either. Mika's vocals sounded great and for the first minute it was good and I thought made a refreshing change to do an up to date version. I have a feeling that fans of dance will love it may bring Mika to an audience that may not of listened to him before (or not have wanted to:naughty: ).

On the other hand I don't think it has done any justice for those who are not big Mika fans, tbh you either love or hate Mika and this may of turned some people in the wrong direction.

For those of us who are big Mika fans, some will love it, some will hate it but we wont stop being his fans because of it, we will wait for HE:biggrin2:

You never know everyone might love it and it will become number 1 until xmas LOL:roftl:

actually my fear would be that everyone will love it, so he'll release ****e from now on to please the crowd :boxed: I haven't heard it no, but just the word dance is enough to make me hate it with passion anyway :boxed:

Yes! It's up! :) Go to Scott Mills' page on Radio 1, and click "Listen to latest show." :)

Where exactly? Rose, you said 4.55, is that 55 min from the beginning?

[Edit] Mine starts automatically at 1.00 and I don't hear any Mika at 1.55...

Got it. The thing was having hickups, it starts at 1.57 and a bit.

[EDIT] SHEEEEEESH! Can I call it sacrilege? :shocked:

Ow man, this is so NOT Mika and so NOT a Police song. :blink:

they killed the poor song :emot-sad: but I guess that was the only thing to do, don't think it wanted to live after being raped like that :no: