Le figaro / Madame 2007 - Mika In The French Press!!!!!

laurence

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's so weird cause I found this magazine on my grand mother's bed (Yeah I know quite a stange place to discover Mika's picture...:mf_rosetinted: ) Actually, she doesn't know at all who is Mika and I said nothing just do a "hooo" of surprised for this mikanesque cover when I enter in her bedroom...and she said to me " if you want you can take it" so :bleh:

It's so weird cause I found this magazine on my grand mother's bed (Yeah I know quite a stange place to discover Mika's picture...:mf_rosetinted: ) Actually, she doesn't know at all who is Mika and I said nothing just do a "hooo" of surprised for this mikanesque cover when I enter in her bedroom...and she said to me " if you want you can take it" so :bleh:

:naughty: you have to introduce her once to MIKA! :wink2:

Thanks for posting these Laurence! :thumb_yello:

Yes! The cover and the one in the orange jacket. I laughed so hard. He looks like that man that, when you were little, your mom always told you to stay way from. :naughty:

He looks like Willy Wonka to me. :fisch::naughty:

My grandma likes Mika:naughty: She loves How much do you love me:roftl: :biggrin2:

wow, that's A LOT of pages devoted to our boy!! :punk: on a major magazine! confirms the love between mika and france is mutual.. :wink2:

thanks so much for sharing, laurence, cannot wait to meet ya at the gig, BTW :biggrin2:

he wears though on most of the pics some funny expression I wonder what's motivated by... :fisch:

is it an old issue?

anyway thanks for posting!!

Thank you laurence! is it an old article?

He reminds me when a friend of mine try to take a photo with me with her camera: I use to open my eyes as much as I can becuase I'm afraid to close them when the camera flash! :roftl: it's a BIG flash!! so I always look crazy!

No it's a recent one : an issue of this friday!!

You know it's one of the weekend supplement of the national french newspaper 'le Figaro"

wow, that's A LOT of pages devoted to our boy!! :punk: on a major magazine! confirms the love between mika and france is mutual.. :wink2:

thanks so much for sharing, laurence, cannot wait to meet ya at the gig, BTW :biggrin2:

he wears though on most of the pics some funny expression I wonder what's motivated by... :fisch:

Me too can't wait to be in Bologna!!!:roftl:

I think that his facial expressions on these pictures are perfectly controled from him cause i think he know how play with his face, his gesture. He's quite expressive so it's easy for him to do that...He has a natural sense of theatrality (don't know how to say it english I hope it's understable :bleh: ) the same which make him a great performer on stage!!!

In less than a year, he made the world love him.

Today, his fluorescent bubble pop is first of the hits. For us, he plays the model... and he does this well too!

Mika

Beware phenomenon

An angel goes... at first sight, the new saturday's night fever seems totally inoffensive and has no reason to put you in sweat. With his puppy eyes and his D Rocheteau's way curlies, an other angel too, his tights jeans, his soft voice and his polite words, Mika, tall and handsome and lanky boy, looks like more to a Paul smith's model, whose one shot model he was, than to the last dancing machine of the moment. But during whole summer, Mika made hot the fashion discos in St Tropez and Ibiza, fired evenings in atlantic coast campsites and enjoyed the nightclubbers with the hits Relax, Take it easy and Grace Kelly. "I always dreamt to be successful. When I started singin', 6 years ago, I was told I was weird and ridiculous. But I did not give up. That's the point I'm the most proud of: have sold so many records with the music I dreamt of. That shows you must always fight yourself in life. The revenge feeling does not exist in me, it would give too much importance to the people I hate" he explains in an almost perfect French with few English words from time to time. Mika, 24, Americano-lebanese, London resident since he's 10.

In less than a year, he made the world love him.

Today, his fluorescent bubble pop is first of the hits. For us, he plays the model... and he does this well too!

Mika

Beware phenomenon

An angel goes... at first sight, the new saturday's night fever seems totally inoffensive and has no reason to put you in sweat. With his puppy eyes and his D Rocheteau's way curlies, an other angel too, his tights jeans, his soft voice and his polite words, Mika, tall and handsome and lanky boy, looks like more to a Paul smith's model, whose one shot model he was, than to the last dancing machine of the moment. But during whole summer, Mika made hot the fashion discos in St Tropez and Ibiza, fired evenings in atlantic coast campsites and enjoyed the nightclubbers with the hits Relax, Take it easy and Grace Kelly. "I always dreamt to be successful. When I started singin', 6 years ago, I was told I was weird and ridiculous. But I did not give up. That's the point I'm the most proud of: have sold so many records with the music I dreamt of. That shows you must always fight yourself in life. The revenge feeling does not exist in me, it would give too much importance to the people I hate" he explains in an almost perfect French with few English words from time to time. Mika, 24, Americano-lebanese, London resident since he's 10.

Thanks for translating!

Oh, welcome! What's the story behind your username? :naughty:

Touring all promotional Tv shows, his story began to be well-known, but we let him say it once more cos it explains everything that makes of his life an amazing and unbelievable success story. Born in Beirout in 1983 i Lebanese chaos. His evacuation under israeli bombs by American army. Arrival in Paris. his father taken in hostage and moved to the American embassy in Koweit. Leaving for London, dyslexia and "schoolmates who insulte him". his singing lessons "with the snobs" as he says, who talked onlyabout classical music or super underground pop. His hundred demos sent to music companies and thrown in trash. Finally the signature with universal after a casting passed in a hall hotel. "The removal and hard times I've lived in my youngest years, in London particularly, made me isaolate myself. I refused to learn reading or writing, and even talking. I was put out of school more than 6months. At this moment music became really important to me. she helped me to get back into the world around me. I was 7 when I knew I won't ever work behind a desk like my father. I wanted an artistic job. But when I was 19, I succeeded the entry exam of the School of Economics and Political Science. I went one day. I was watching the clock. I was pale, I couldn't stop saying to myself: go on, you must leave. Then I got up and took my stuff. People looked at me, thinking I was going to vomit. inever went back there. Later I entered the Royal College of Music".

Hurricane Mika lasts since 8 months: a wind that sweeps up everything on its way. with more than 3millions LICM sold worldwide, 8500000 of which in France, the Mika action throws in a panic the accountants of his music company, who smiles again in a devastated branch for 5years.

Philippe Laugeir, project director at Barclay's: "honestly, we were so unprepared to such a succes that we had to redo all the marketing strategy.

Facing the current huge crisis of music industry, those sales are exceptionnal, almost never imagined". Olivier nuc, figaro Magazine journalist, confirms: "when everybody is desperate in music companies, where contracts are broken wildly, this guy has ago at the rifle range. That's good and prooves the record market isn't dead".