K, what are we expecting to hear from the hard 2nd album.......

Jason Murphy

Here's a question (that i cannot answer!!), what can we expect from Mika's second album. Will be as light hearted and colourful as the last one or will it be dark and gothic (dont think so...). Will the Quenn legend Mr. May be on it as rumoured for so long and if so will it be more rock instead of pop??? What will his album art be like??? Will his live concerts be as mad as they are now??!! ( and i mean "mad" in a good way) Or am I just thinking ahead too much.

Anyway let me know your thoughts.....:wink2:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why angrier ? i think more ballads , i could see mika becoming the new barry manilow :wub2:

He once said in an interview that it seemed to be becoming angrier :wink2: . I do hope there's a collaboration with Brian May (although that's the first I've heard of it). I still want it to be fun and happy with songs that show Mika's great composition skills. I'm sure it will be amazing! I can't wait. :biggrin2:

I hope he doesn't go too mainstream and poppy and ballady...I love SITM and Billy Brown because they are offbeat piano songs, not ballads as such and not 'pop disco' songs and I think they are what make Mika so unique at the moment. Too many slushy ballads would be a turn off for me.

I just hope the 2nd album is as varied as LICM - I have faith in Mika that it will be.

do u have a problem with barry :shocked::biggrin2:

Barry is a fine musician :mf_rosetinted:

I have funny memories of Barry actually ... I remember coming home from school one day and finding my Mum and her friends all sitting round listening to 'Can't Smile Without You' and sighing and swooning over Barry. I thought, how sad, they are grown ups, they shouldn't be swooning over a singer! :roftl: :roftl:

My Mum would have been about 38/9 then. Same age I am now. HA HA :mf_rosetinted:

i remember mika saying that it was 'strangely angrier' in an interview

but i dont really know what to expect, im trying not to expect anything so i cant be disappointed and it is all a surprise. i really dont want to disappointed myself by having expectations that arent met

it's gonna be angrier, like many said above. it's not gonna be rock, the way i see it, and I know what to expect, but I cannot say it now or mods will shoot me :biggrin2: and I bloody look forward to second album, cause I know mr M has in store grand things for us. :wub2:

why angrier ? i think more ballads , i could see mika becoming the new barry manilow :wub2:

Oh god no :shocked:

Okay I used to have a bit of a crush on Barry Manilow, but I was 4 years old. I didn't discover Elton John and the Beatles until I was 6. :naughty:

IToo many slushy ballads would be a turn off for me.

I just hope the 2nd album is as varied as LICM - I have faith in Mika that it will be.

I hope it's so varied that there is no place for slushy ballads. I really don't like any of them on LiCM because they are overproduced. Overrated is beautiful and haunting because it's (almost) just his voice. But throw in a lot of swelling violins, background vocals, etc. and it quickly becomes Broadway schmaltz.

If he's going to do love songs, I really enjoy something slightly more uptempo. I think How Much Do You Love Me? is perfect. It's so much better than Erase, which sounds a bit whiny and drawn out by the end.

Regarding the angry comment. I think he just threw that out there and people are reading too much into it. He's used "angry" to describe Grace Kelly too but it hardly feels that way when you're listening to it even though we all know why he wrote it.

I think the concepts behind Life in Cartoon Motion will be abandoned and instead of a childlike sounding Lollipop he'll be looking towards an anthem more like Sweet Dreams or Missionary Man.

If Holy Johnny and How Much Do You Love Me? are anything to go by I think I'm going to like the new album more than LiCM. I hope he's got another Grace Kelly type song in him so that he can maintain his wider public appeal and catch everyone's attention right off the bat too.

*splurted my drink everywhere*

*wipes computer screen*

it's gonna be angrier, like many said above. it's not gonna be rock, the way i see it, and I know what to expect, but I cannot say it now or mods will shoot me :biggrin2: and I bloody look forward to second album, cause I know mr M has in store grand things for us. :wub2:

ooo aren't you being cryptic. Did you find a few more things somewhere that you cannot share??? (I am always happy to receive PMs Avoca, my friend, we go waaaay back, don't we sweetie, you can tell me, I won't shoot you....:mf_rosetinted:)

ooo aren't you being cryptic. Did you find a few more things somewhere that you cannot share??? (I am always happy to receive PMs Avoca, my friend, we go waaaay back, don't we sweetie, you can tell me, I won't shoot you....:mf_rosetinted:)

Um, yes. We would all be happy to receive PMs on the subject. :biggrin2:

I noticed last night that someone dug up a thread from early January where there was much insider discussion on the contents of LiCM. Does this mean that new songs or even an entire album are closer than we think? :fisch:

Christine I noticed the same thing, I actually did a double take before realising the posts were January. But again, quite cryptic. And Sunny revealed his name, I enevr knew it before!!:wink2:

Don't worry.. was probably just a joke..:wink2:

Don't worry.. was probably just a joke..:wink2:

His name or the talk about the album? They both sounded real to me :wink2:

And BlueSky, I did a double take too. It's hard to think of LiCM as a "new album". February was only a few months ago, but it seems like years!

His name or the talk about the album? They both sounded real to me :wink2:

And BlueSky, I did a double take too. It's hard to think of LiCM as a "new album". February was only a few months ago, but it seems like years!

Well.. I can't say that Sunny's name is a joke..:lol3:

But to dig up that old thread now..:blink:

It doesn't have to say anything at all..:doh:

And.. avoca.. if you have info and doesn't tell... I will shoot..:mf_rosetinted:

Though I am curious as to what Avoca is talking about... I promise not to shoot you!

Ha, you may have to if she publishes any secrets on MFC. :naughty:

I once asked where Mika lived and the conversation got a little too overexcited and specific and things were brought to a grinding halt rather quickly.

The Big M is watching. :glasses2:

And BlueSky, I did a double take too.

Me too, I got quite excited until I looked at the post dates...:bleh:

Though I am curious as to what Avoca is talking about... I promise not to shoot you!

Yes avoca, where are you obtaining this secret information???? I know Mika 'said hi' to you but is there something more going on there? :shocked: