K, what are we expecting to hear from the hard 2nd album.......

Jason Murphy

i'm going to sound like an obsessed fan but.........:wink2:

i like EVERYTHING mika does.

there.

i've said it.

my favorite songs are Stuck in the Middle, Happy Ending, and Grace Kelly

although I like them all alot.

I don't exactly like the 'pop'y songs, like Lollipop, all that much

so I hope he does more solo piano songs!!

:biggrin2:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm going to sound like an obsessed fan but.........:wink2:

i like EVERYTHING mika does.

there.

i've said it.

my favorite songs are Stuck in the Middle, Happy Ending, and Grace Kelly

although I like them all alot.

I don't exactly like the 'pop'y songs, like Lollipop, all that much

so I hope he does more solo piano songs!!

:biggrin2:

Heyyyyy, I haven't talked to you in a while haha. How are you?

I'm thinking he might continue with his cartoon stories. I mean, we never quite found out what happened to lollipop girl with her issues with chewchew.

I kinda hope his shows are a little different but to be honest, I've seen him preform like 5 times and it's amazing every time no matter what he does. *swoon*

Here's a question (that i cannot answer!!), what can we expect from Mika's second album. Will be as light hearted and colourful as the last one or will it be dark and gothic (dont think so...). Will the Quenn legend Mr. May be on it as rumoured for so long and if so will it be more rock instead of pop??? What will his album art be like??? Will his live concerts be as mad as they are now??!! ( and i mean "mad" in a good way) Or am I just thinking ahead too much.

Anyway let me know your thoughts.....:wink2:

Mika's music will evolve, like any other artist. I think it's good that he can adapt himself to so many different styles. That way, he never gets boring and never gets pigeon holed. I am sure his songs will still be tuneful. I really love HOW MUCH DO YOU LOVE ME and really hope that it is on the album!!

I'd really like to also hear Mika in some duets with other people (Not Amy Winehouse though) Not dueting on the album, but perhaps on TV, because it would be fun to watch. Looking forward to The Brits and his duet with Brian or Rufus.

Love today from Marilyn

im expecting it to be angrier because thats what he said it was..more hard with a rocky edge like "Ring Ring" i think. with a ballad thrown in here and there :bleh:

**EDIT**

After reading the thread in more detail let me elaborate on this...

I don't think the ENTIRE new album will be more rocky, but after hearing "Ring Ring" and "Sweet Dreams" I think his voice perfectly suits the rocky vibe. I personally, would like to hear more.

Well I have no idea what to expect but I hope that he doesn't put songs on it like Can't stand loosing you... then I couldn't listen to it to be honest... so please no trance, house, techno things !!

I hope it will be happy.. like the first album:biggrin2:

if it's angrier it's okay... I like rock songs ^^ and if Brian May would play the guitar on one song I melt haha

I really have no idea but I really like *how much do you love me*.. that's a good way !!!:punk:

I'm thinking he might continue with his cartoon stories. I mean, we never quite found out what happened to lollipop girl with her issues with chewchew.

I kinda hope his shows are a little different but to be honest, I've seen him preform like 5 times and it's amazing every time no matter what he does. *swoon*

I agree, and I want to find out more about our good friend BillY!!

I can't see that happening to be honest.

Can you imagine?

MIKA

What Happened Next In Cartoon Motion

Track List

1. Lollipop Girl's Revenge

2. Billy Brown In Argentina

3. Oprah Winfrey

4. Love Tomorrow

5. Morbidly Obese Girl (You Are Beautiful)

Yeah, I cannot see him continuing any of the stories. I'm sure that the "make believe" atmosphere will still be there to some degree, but that the songs will be a bit more grown up. I say this because he has always talked about how LiCM is an album that he can only write at one time in his life. It dealt with a lot of coming-of-age issues: people wanting you to be like someone else, sexual promiscuity, "people are either looking for love or to get laid," "Stuck in the Middle," etc. Mika is no longer in that age-transition between being a teenager and an adult, as far as the physical sense, maybe emotionally, so I'm sure that his new album will deal with more of what he is experiencing in his life now.

I think that, with his new tour, from what I've seen, he has slightly ventured away from the cartoons. No lollipop girls, etc. He has, however, played up the animal idea more, and in general, sort of changed it from a childish circus to a slightly more demented, grown-up circus.

I just think that the new album will be slightly more mature.

I can't see that happening to be honest.

Can you imagine?

MIKA

What Happened Next In Cartoon Motion

Track List

1. Lollipop Girl's Revenge

2. Billy Brown In Argentina

3. Oprah Winfrey

4. Love Tomorrow

5. Morbidly Obese Girl (You Are Beautiful)

LMAO! :roftl:

I'm going to speculate wildly, with nothing whatsoever to base this on:

End of April 2008.

:wink2:

*in demented robot voice* NO. IT WILL BE SOONER THAN THAT. :sneaky2::thumbdown:

Lol! I think you might be right, although of course there is the EP and even another single is possible!

*in demented robot voice* NO. IT WILL BE SOONER THAN THAT. :sneaky2::thumbdown:

Lol! I think you might be right, although of course there is the EP and even another single is possible!

Deffo. EP in January, with new single - I'm hoping for Holy Johnny - and then full album in April. But yeah, it is too long to have to wait. Come on Mika, prove me wrong :biggrin2: .

Deffo. EP in January, with new single - I'm hoping for Holy Johnny - and then full album in April. But yeah, it is too long to have to wait. Come on Mika, prove me wrong :biggrin2: .

Personally I don't think he should release HJ as a single. It's a good song, but really it isn't strong enough to market a new album in the way that say, Grace Kelly was. HMDYLM would be a better choice in my opinion, although actually I think it will be something different entirely, something strong and iconic that will make people think, 'WOW'. Which for some reason I just don't think HJ would do.

I'd really excited about the EP in January though! You know, I'm starting to worry - my life runs completely on Mika-time! My mum said to me today, 'Callie, have you remembered what important's happening in November?'

So I said, 'Oh, yeah, the Mika DVD comes out. Ands he's performing at the Music Awards.'

She was like, 'No, I meant my birthday ... I can see you've put loads of effort into preparing for it.'

And then I started talking about the Music Awards, and Sar (my mum) said, 'Isn't that on my birthday?'

I told her, 'Yep, you're going to have to cancel whatever you're doing so I can watch Mika.'

Sar: 'But I'm you're mother! Surely I'm more important that Mika?!'

Me: '... nope!'

:roftl:

I'd really excited about the EP in January though! You know, I'm starting to worry - my life runs completely on Mika-time! My mum said to me today, 'Callie, have you remembered what important's happening in November?'

So I said, 'Oh, yeah, the Mika DVD comes out. Ands he's performing at the Music Awards.'

She was like, 'No, I meant my birthday ... I can see you've put loads of effort into preparing for it.'

And then I started talking about the Music Awards, and Sar (my mum) said, 'Isn't that on my birthday?'

I told her, 'Yep, you're going to have to cancel whatever you're doing so I can watch Mika.'

Sar: 'But I'm you're mother! Surely I'm more important that Mika?!'

Me: '... nope!'

:roftl:

Aw, your poor mother!

:naughty:

She's used to it! We have, shall we say, an honest relationship!

Anyway, we have now decided Sar and her boyfriend get to go out on her birthday - while I stay at home with the kids and watch Mika - then me and Sar will go out some other time! Lol! So it works for everyone.

was just speaking about this with some mfc'er and I suddenly realise what are my hopes for the next album..

he often says he's timeless, or wishes to be. I agree he's: his allure, his style (the serious, more everyday life one too), his story, his way of conducting his show, his way of composing, his family even.. everything does IS timeless. and that's one of the greatest compliment I can make to him.

mika, pls I would like your next album to be timeless too. I know you won't disappoint me. :mf_rosetinted: