is this the new mika? *gets teary eyed*

phunkygal

okay. i dont want enyone to take this the wrong way but most(not ALL) of mika's new songs are very sad and....well not as fun and poppy and catchy (omg! i totally just had da ja vou! anyways.... ) i rlly miss the old mika with love today, grace kelly, relax, billy brown. his new songs im noticing....are very. well. generic. it feels like i have heard them before you know? like he is covering them from someone else. im not saying they arent beautiful....:mf_lustslow: (trust me i think mika is HOT when he sings tear-jerking songs) but what will we have to jump up and down to you know? LICM was an album that was so catchy i could listen to all the songs and for some odd reason when i listened to it, i felt like i didnt have any problems. however, i just hope the EP isnt all depressing tear jerking songs. becuase i rlly would miss the old mika. i mean is this the new mika? or am i being selfish? i rlly dont want to seem like i am but my point is that i hope mika has some fun songs on his EP......for this is the mika i fell in love with....

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

okay. i dont want enyone to take this the wrong way but most(not ALL) of mika's new songs are very sad and....well not as fun and poppy and catchy (omg! i totally just had da ja vou! anyways.... ) i rlly miss the old mika with love today, grace kelly, relax, billy brown. his new songs im noticing....are very. well. generic. it feels like i have heard them before you know? like he is covering them from someone else. im not saying they arent beautiful....:mf_lustslow: (trust me i think mika is HOT when he sings tear-jerking songs) but what will we have to jump up and down to you know? LICM was an album that was so catchy i could listen to all the songs and for some odd reason when i listened to it, i felt like i didnt have any problems. however, i just hope the EP isnt all depressing tear jerking songs. becuase i rlly would miss the old mika. i mean is this the new mika? or am i being selfish? i rlly dont want to seem like i am but my point is that i hope mika has some fun songs on his EP......for this is the mika i fell in love with....

Well, we've only heard 2 of his songs, if you count Holy Johnny, so you can't really make any judgments yet. :)

okay. i dont want enyone to take this the wrong way but most(not ALL) of mika's new songs are very sad and....well not as fun and poppy and catchy

If you're referring to an unmentionable group of songs that were not on LiCM then don't worry. These are old songs that didn't make it onto the album. They won't be on the new album.

The only new songs anyone has heard are Holy Johnny, How Much Do You Love Me? and Century Man. There's no recording of Century Man so only the people who were at the gig in NY have heard it.

Well, we've only heard 2 of his songs, if you count Holy Johnny, so you can't really make any judgments yet. :)

thats true lol. but if you're including the leaked demos then I understand...

BUT! He DID say that he WANTS to release a 6 song EP that are SAD. He said that. He wanted to do the EP because he thinks the songs won't make it on an album.

As for the NEXT album, he said it's more angry, so I would assume expect more rocky type songs?

BUT! He DID say that he WANTS to release a 6 song EP that are SAD. He said that. He wanted to do the EP because he thinks the songs won't make it on an album.

As for the NEXT album, he said it's more angry, so I would assume expect more rocky type songs?

exactly cazzie, that was my point.(i have a lot of points, huh?:roftl: ) the big M said it himself.....

If you're referring to an unmentionable group of songs that were not on LiCM then don't worry. These are old songs that didn't make it onto the album. They won't be on the new album.

The only new songs anyone has heard are Holy Johnny, How Much Do You Love Me? and Century Man. There's no recording of Century Man so only the people who were at the gig in NY have heard it.

'Instant Martyr' kinda made it .... as a b-side, but well... it didn't go down the abyss so I still have hope...

Oh, and I have to ask: Century Man and Missionary Man are two different songs? Cause if so I wonder why the first is no longer part of the show :blink:

Maybe he's keeping the Good ones to surprise us...

and as he always said he write about negative things

i think i can do the clap clap with Holy Johnny for now!

and only if someday u saw mika wearing ordinary clothes on stage and dancing like JT you should get worried...:biggrin2:

Lets trust him...he'll be fine but imagine if all of the songs sounded like each other, it gets a little boring u know... :)

Oh, and I have to ask: Century Man and Missionary Man are two different songs? Cause if so I wonder why the first is no longer part of the show :blink:

Maybe it worked for the unplugged intimate atmosphere of the NY gig but he didn't want to incorporate it into this big tour. Missionary Man doesn't seem like the kind of thing he would have sung in an acoustic set.

It's possible people at the gig were confused about the name. But I would think someone would have recognized the Eurythmics song (I know I would have) either at the time or now that the Missionary Man video is out there.

It's possible people at the gig were confused about the name. But I would think someone would have recognized the Eurythmics song (I know I would have) either at the time or now that the Missionary Man video is out there.

I've asked someone who were at the NY gig if it was the same song and if maybe people made a mistake on the title...she told me that's completly 2 different songs: Missionary Man is a cover and Century Man is his own.

Did he? I hadn't herd about that. Yes, his newest song is really sad. But I guess he can't write only happy songs all the time. I'm pretty sure he won't turn into an emo singer though:naughty: , it's just a phase and something different from LICM. I think he will experiment with many styles ant there are many great songs to come, so don't be sad, phunkygal :wink2:

wait! I'm getting confuzzled :bleh:

Did he sing century man or missionary man? And where can I listen to Mika singing them, I thought nobody recorded them?:shocked:

He has been singing Missionary Man during the new tour.

He only sang Century Man once and it was never recorded.

I agree with u.

However, I would like to hear MIKA doing more serious and sad songs. :wink2:

phunkygal, just get your duct tape out, that'll cheer you up, love! :wink2:

haha. *whips out duct tape*

"yo mika"

"hey love"

i want some upbeat poppy songs"

"srry, no can do"

*whips out duct tape*

"well i have duct tape"

"*luaghs*"

"oh ya?"