daisylou

Yeah I feel safe enough with what I'm studying anyway and sure we'll see what it brings me!

Wow you've picked it up so well considering how you've learnt it! It's hard enough learning languages at school but by yourself like that is amazing! well done lol :naughty: I guess it's good with English because it's so much in the media and sfuff. I don't think I could pick up French like that, though I do find that music helps a lot, which I'm sure helps you too!

Thanks! It's quite easy here because everything is subtitled. They don't dub shows like they do in Germany so it's basically an English lesson everytime you pop on the tv to watch Oprah for instance. :naughty:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! It's quite easy here because everything is subtitled. They don't dub shows like they do in Germany so it's basically an English lesson everytime you pop on the tv to watch Oprah for instance. :naughty:

haha! I guess some people might find that annoying but it really would help others to learn English!

You know I always think it's funny how some people can pick up languages by themselves in their own lives, and with that they actually have the knowledge to nearly get a degree! and actually make a career out of it! just something they learnt as a hobby! :shocked:

haha! I guess some people might find that annoying but it really would help others to learn English!

You know I always think it's funny how some people can pick up languages by themselves in their own lives, and with that they actually have the knowledge to nearly get a degree! and actually make a career out of it! just something they learnt as a hobby! :shocked:

I think it's easier to make a carreer out of it when it's a language like Chinese or something. You can't really do much with English skills as there's not really a need for Dutch - English translators. :naughty:

I think it's easier to make a carreer out of it when it's a language like Chinese or something. You can't really do much with English skills as there's not really a need for Dutch - English translators. :naughty:

There isn't? :blink: it's spoken in 3 countries though isn't it?

There isn't? :blink: it's spoken in 3 countries though isn't it?

Most Dutch people speak English.. so to find a job in it would mean doing something like.. translating official documents or something.. which seems a bit tedious.

face2.jpg

Rawr. :wub2:

Most Dutch people speak English.. so to find a job in it would mean doing something like.. translating official documents or something.. which seems a bit tedious.

Rawr. :wub2:

Oh yeah I see what you mean, oh well it's still a great thing to have, I love being able to speak other languages!

Oooooh! that photo :blush-anim-cl:

Dadfight. You can tell when he's on the stepmachine thingie.

Ah, I don't really know if I want to see actually.. will probably watch it again tomorrow though.

Damn I still have work to do... :sneaky2: I feel like... not bothering.. :naughty:

Ah, I don't really know if I want to see actually.. will probably watch it again tomorrow though.

Damn I still have work to do... :sneaky2: I feel like... not bothering.. :naughty:

They're not that clearly visible, it's just some discolouration.

You won't be scarred (HA) for life.

They're not that clearly visible, it's just some discolouration.

You won't be scarred (HA) for life.

I can't help but feel so proud of him when I think of his life in the past, ha I feel like a proud mum:bleh: It's just great to see how much he's turned his life around!

haha I hate puns :naughty: Though I always tell them if they come to mind :bleh:

Hi people, I haven't been here in a while. I'm going onto chapter 23 soon...

Russell looks really good in that pic btw.:wub2:

Whoah I can't believe you haven't finished it yet!

I couldn't stop reading.

(And you have 666 posts! \m/ )

yeah, I started off reading it really quick and now I've gone really slow!! I love the book, just haven't kept up with it in a while...

How long did it take you??

That is weird that I had 666 posts...:death1::devil::naughty:

About 2 evenings.. (I'm a fast reader. :blush-anim-cl: )

*waits for 'Have I got news for you' to load on youtube*