I Respect Mika (Part dos)

Finkster

The other night I started thinking about a lot of things..(mostly Mika, of course). After a while, I thought about something I read on the GMA thread which bothered me a little. Someone made a comment about these girls who would shout things to Mika while he was on stage like, "Take your clothes off!" or "Get naked!"

This really bothered me because I know if someone shouted these things at me, I wouldn't like it and I'd think that person was disgusting. It also bothered me because Mika's family was in the audience, including his young cousins, and they all could have heard what these girls were shouting.

I remember the uncomfortable look on Mika's face as they shouted this and felt pity toward him and could only imagine how awkward he felt. I remember thinking, "They are so rude! Mika's not a piece of meat!"

Then it hit me, I was being a major hypocrite. I have been involved in discussions and in threads talking about Mika as if that's all he is, a piece of meat. I suddenly felt extremely guilty. I felt so shallow and horrible because of this.

When I first started posting on the MFC, I tried to stay away from dirty threads, but as I posted more and more, and started reading these threads more, I started thinking it was okay and fun to talk about Mika like this.

Now, I realize Mika is EXTREMELY attractive, but he is so much more than a gorgeous exterior.There are so many more things I love about him on the INSIDE and I respect him so much for so many reasons. I honestly think his inner beauty radiates more brightly than his outer beauty.

I don't mean to offend anyone who reads this in any way, shape, or form. I was actually very nervous about starting this thread for that very reason. I love you all so much and love talking with each of you! You're all such great friends, and great people, and so much fun to talk to! Please, don't take anything at all I say offensively, because the last thing I want is to hurt your feelings. I don't mean to attack anyone, single them out, or make anybody feel angry, hurt, or as if they're a bad person.

We're all human and we all have our weaknesses, and I have fallen into that sort of temptation in the past, which I'm a bit ashamed of admitting now, and after I realized I was being hypocritical, I don't have any negative or different views of any of you.

I ask all of you to join this thread if you respect Mika for the beautiful person he is on the inside. Think about it, Mika has done SO MUCH for us, the least we can do is show him some respect.

Thank you all for your time. Again, I started this thread as a POSITIVE thing, not to bring anyone down.

some valid points and quotes brought up throughtout this thread, so that there is no misunderstanding or tension between people on certain threads.:

“i absolutely agree that mika deserves being treated respectfully, and not as a piece of meat. but still i don't think there's anything wrong with feeling lust for him and i also don't think he has a problem with it, as long as it's not too offensive, like the girl shouting "get naked!" or ppl grabbing his bum.” (posted by mellody)

"I didn't join this thread with an unrealistic view. It's not always a bad thing to have feelings of an impure nature...we are human beings...it comes with the territory. So if someone has lusting feeling for Mika in this forum, they shouldn't automatically punish themselves because of it. (Although some of the comments made in certain threads really are way too inappropriate and disrespectful, if you ask me.) It's when it really starts to get out of hand that it really becomes a serious issue of disprespect towards a man who doesn't deserve disrespect...shouting out to him with inappropriate comments is really just too much." (posted by Back_flip76)

"This shouldn't be about saying, "Oh, I have respect for him, therefore the fact that I posted that I thought that he was sexy after a Mikagasmic picture is horrible." It's not. Commenting on his attractiveness, not a problem, and I can't see why that would be disrespectful of him at all--- Honestly, if any of you were reading a forum about yourselves and people were making comments about how nice you looked, how could you feel anything but flattery? Mika fully knows what he does to people---after all, he DOES take his shirt off during Love Today, and sex appeal is a part of the whole shebang. If he was so worried about the whole sex factor, he would not jump around stage in tight pants with no shirt on. It's human nature to lust over attractive people, and it all comes with the territory of chatting with your friends on here. HOWEVER, there is a line between moderately lusty comments and downright disrespectfully sexual comments.

This is more about saying, "I respect that Mika is a talented man and not a sex object." There's a difference between finding someone attractive and talking about it and being disrespectful. Mika is a person just like you and me, with real feelings, emotions and thoughts. His body is fun to look at, but it's not public access."

(posted by Hannah)

"Mika is a very touching musician, live and on CD, and I truly believe he's a very talented man capable of sending his music to any audience, and to me, that's the most important thing. That's the reason why he's in this business - not to go around flirting and sleeping with people."

(posted by CazGirl)

We clearly don't know him on a personal level, however, I still have respect for the Mika I see. The one that promotes causes such as Global Warming, writes songs to warn people not to have sex too early, and to tell women who are big that they are indeed beautiful!

I love and respect the Mika who takes his time to meet with most of his fans after performances and who just comes off as a generally nice guy.

I don't think we're painting an unrealistic picture of him, we've all witnessed this sort of stuff.

And I'm damn sure that Mika is not innocent, like it's been stated, with the pelvic thrusts and whatnot. (Ahem, the proof: 1.gif)

I just believe that Mika has a kind heart, and he is my hero and my role model. I couldn't think of anyone else in the public eye that would make a better one. And I agree with what everyone else was saying. My posts were'nt HORRIBLE or crossing the line, but I'd rather not talk about Mika like that anymore.

So, basically:

Comments about how gorgeous he is are fine in our book.

Just keep in mind; would Mika really appreciate hearing his fans talk about his package or seeing him naked?

Some words on respect from purplegrape:

"its a word that isnt used quite enough in our society today. we've become modern and dont believe in simple exchanging of words anymore. everything is taken for granted and we dont find the need for thank yous or your welcome anymore. we'll knock people out of our way and fight anyone we need to in order to get to our destination.

but attimes we'll realize that we're wrong,and when we do, we also realize that there are good people in this world. some of us do care about others, and we help those who have been knocked down be others. we ban together and help those who need it.

and i believe that most of these good people im talking about are right here, and i thank you for coming to show your respect. for talking about a word thats never met my ears in the past three years. for showing me something i havent seen for even longer."

I took away the list because I feel it really isn't necessary. You don't need your name attached to a list in order to respect someone. Feel free to join in on discussions here, and maybe express your opinions on the subject. Remember to keep it respectful here, please.:wink2:

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe, I just couldn't bare to see it die. xD

IRM is my baby.

It´s the first time that I read the "I respect Mika" thread. I have to say that sometimes I write things about how gorgeous Mika is, and sometimes we (the girls on the thread that I post) let ourselves go and say some things that really embarrase me... But I think I don´t cross the line, because I put myself on Mika´s skin and I understand it could be a little strong and uncomfortable...But when I say those things I have no bad intentions, and I try not to say`em

I really really respect MIKA...he deserves it with all the things he gave and he gives us

kisse from a third world beautiful country

Hi Finkster...Jessica :), some time ago Petra explained me what was this thread about and I wonder what do you think about this bunch of posts:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9887&page=27

actually, it was several pages...

I laugh at them but some people find them a little bit offensive, what do you think??

Personally, I love Mika just the way he is, that I don't know exactly how is he in that sense and I think I shouldn't know. It's fair.

I am very close to Carol, so I know what she's talking about. A lot of things come from my mind sometimes (even the subject of that thread above), but I try not to share them easily...as lots of people here keep their thoughts to themselves. Mika wouldn't share his thoughts about the matter with us either

:roftl: :roftl:

We weren't talking about any type of tacky size issues except for genuinely, his feet, as they are only 9.5s and I thought it was crazy how he could be so tall and not have that big of feet.

The rest of it was an entirely philosophical conversation. Nothing sexual for the most part. We probably shouldn't have had that conversation there, but oh well. It makes for interesting reading. :naughty:

It´s the first time that I read the "I respect Mika" thread. I have to say that sometimes I write things about how gorgeous Mika is, and sometimes we (the girls on the thread that I post) let ourselves go and say some things that really embarrase me... But I think I don´t cross the line, because I put myself on Mika´s skin and I understand it could be a little strong and uncomfortable...But when I say those things I have no bad intentions, and I try not to say`em

I really really respect MIKA...he deserves it with all the things he gave and he gives us

kisse from a third world beautiful country

Hi Finkster...Jessica :), some time ago Petra explained me what was this thread about and I wonder what do you think about this bunch of posts:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9887&page=27

actually, it was several pages...

I laugh at them but some people find them a little bit offensive, what do you think??

Personally, I love Mika just the way he is, that I don't know exactly how is he in that sense and I think I shouldn't know. It's fair.

I am very close to Carol, so I know what she's talking about. A lot of things come from my mind sometimes (even the subject of that thread above), but I try not to share them easily...as lots of people here keep their thoughts to themselves. Mika wouldn't share his thoughts about the matter with us either

Hi please can someone tell me how I can join?

Well, I have no right in telling people what's okay to post and what's not, that's more or less your decision. I just believe that there's a certain point that crosses the line.

I can't sit here and tell you guys that you're horrible people, because, you're not!

Honestly, I can't tell you what's wrong and what's right, and I can't tell you how to think. I honestly feel that thinking Mika is sexy is not worng at all. You can't help the fact that you're attracted to the man. I think it's quite a natural thing. I just personally think it goes too far when you begin to look at him as more of a material object and are lowering his value as a human being.

So don't worry, I know how you feel, the man's extremely attractive!

And anyone who asked to be added will be! :thumb_yello:

WOW!!!! I didn't know about part 2 of this thread!!!! I'm glad I found it!

I was surprised there were no new posts in the IRM, hihihi!!

How is everyone doing?

Hehe, HI CAROLINA!!

Yea, we were getting close to the post limit, so I had to start a second thread!

Good to see we have some new members here!!

Hi guys! :D

Nope, mine's still in tact!

:biggrin2:

Sorry about your jacket, it sounded amazing.

:boxed:

really? :shocked:

saweeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

i used a different brand on yours, so i think that's why.

there are pictures around here somewhere....

DID I SHOW YOU MY COSTUME PICTURES!!?!! :roftl:

trick or treating was quite fun last night.

really? :shocked:

saweeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

i used a different brand on yours, so i think that's why.

there are pictures around here somewhere....

DID I SHOW YOU MY COSTUME PICTURES!!?!! :roftl:

trick or treating was quite fun last night.

No you didn't!!! I must see them!!!

I`ve got school holiday !!!

btw: going to sleep :thumb_yello:

Ooh, aren't you lucky? What for?

Good night! :biggrin2: