i can't stop crying

norwalk174

this is the blog that my best friend just posted on myspace :tears:

Monday, October 29, 2007

pounding headache.

Current mood: crushed

I woke up this morning feeling as if it were another boring day at school. I put in my contacts, put on my clothes, did my hair, and grabbed my school stuff.

Just a regular day.

I went to school, met up with the twins and had a chat about the book I had just read two days before. Good chat. Normal chat. Went through the whole day as a normal day.

What happened next is still killing me.

I meet up with Cassie after school to take the 21 Jump Street trivia quiz! (We are in LOVE with Johnny Depp in that old TV show) When I get there I get a cookie from Megan! YUM! I love cookies. But when I go to take a bite I feel my pocket vibrating. "Op! Vibration." so I check my phone. My dad is calling me, weird. I answer, we have a quick conversation and then he springs it on me. "Honey, Callie was run over. Alicia accidentally ran her over. She is taking her to the vet right now." OH MY GOD! That's all I can say. I start bawling my eyes out. And I'm still at school right? So people are staring at me like "what the heck is her problem?!" I didn't care. I was so hurt.

Callie girls. That's what we called her. It was the year of 1994. I was 3 years old. Yet, I remember this like it was yesterday. My dad and I walk into the house. Greet the owners and then they open this door to another room. About 8 little dachshunds come running out of this room. THEY WERE ADORABLE! Me, being only 3, got toppled over by all of them. They were licking my face and jumping up on me. It was the cutest thing. When my dad got them all off of me we looked to see which one I wanted. "Ooo!! The black and white one!" I said. "Sorry T," that is what my father called me, T,"that is a boy, we are only getting a girl. How about this small one?" He had said holding this black and brown dachshund in his giant palm. She fit in his palm perfectly. It was picture perfect. She was the runt of the litter, which meant she was extremely small for her kind. Immediatley I said, "OKAY!" We paid for her and took her home. She was the cutest thing. When we got home, my pregnant mom started crying over how cute she was. It was funny. But, we sat there trying to think of a name. Finally it came to us, don't know where we got it from, but it was the perfect name. Callie.

Through the 13 years we had Callie, it became Callie girls. I do not know why it happened that way it just did.

So after I found out about her. I immediately went to the Vet's office to see if I could see her. She was in terrible shape. He hid her back legs from me so that I could not see the damage. She was whimpering and shaking. I could tell she was in a lot of pain and that crushed me. I went home and just laid on my bed thinking and crying silently to myself. I remembered the time in which I just shared with you.

Next thing I know my dad comes walking in my room to tell me that she is gone. He had her put to sleep. We decided then, to bury her in our backyard. I grabbed her favorite toy, the tennis ball. We went down to the lake and buried her there. It was one of the most difficult things I have ever had to do.

I have one other dog, Minnie the Dog. We had gotten her in, oh, about the year of 1998. She was a surprise from our father. She was Callie's sister. Her sister died today and I think she figured it out. When we let Minnie see her, she started whining and licking at Callie's wound and face. She knew she was gone. This made it even more difficult for me.

She was my friend, my pet, my baby.

I will forever miss you Callie girls.

R.I.P. Callie Girls

29-Oct-2007

I love you.

<333

callie.jpg

i remember how happy that little dog was :sad: she would wag her whole body instead of just her tail :bleh: she was just as cute as can be and so so loving

i'm really gonna miss her.. to be honest i'm not sure why i posted this bulletin i just really need to share my feelings with someone so thanks i guess :tears:

this has to be one of the worst days of my entire life :thumbdown:

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:tears:

There's really no words for a time like this -- it's one of those horrible

things that happens and there's nothing we can do except mourn

the little one who's gone. I'm very very sorry for your friend's loss --

I've lost several dear dear animal friends over the years -- and for

your sadness as well.

Hang in there. :huglove:

dcdeb

:tears:

There's really no words for a time like this -- it's one of those horrible

things that happens and there's nothing we can do except mourn

the little one who's gone. I'm very very sorry for your friend's loss --

I've lost several dear dear animal friends over the years -- and for

your sadness as well.

Hang in there. :huglove:

dcdeb

you're always so helpful.. you really are great! i've lost a lot of pets in my short life (bad luck with pets when i was younger :sad:) this is the only time where i've gotten so sad over a pet that wasn't mine

i just remember how soft she was and so sweet and loving

it's sounds stupid, i know, but i just like to picture her chasing her favorite little tennis ball in heaven :cheerful_h4h:

she's probably in a happier place and she deserves it. she was the most loyal companion i've ever seen :tears:

dang it i'm crying again :blush-anim-cl:

That made me tear up. :tears: We got a dog when I was three too and she was the runt of the litter. She was a collie and I just HAD to name her Lassie after my most favorite tv show. When I was in high school she had to be put down because her body was giving up due to old age and we tried to do everything we could do to save her. I was there when she was put down and it was to this day the saddest day of my life. I always fear going to the vets, I fear being put in that room because I remember that day so vividly and how they had a blanket laid out for her.

Please, share this website with her. The poem might make her cry again, but it's a really sweet poem that I will NEVER forget and I do believe it helped me carry on a little.

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm

All you can do in a situation like this is just be there for her. Having friends around will help out a lot.

Oh my god......that's terrible :tears:.......

I know how your friend feels....I never got to say goodbye though which sucks even more....please give your friend my condolgences. I'm really sorry to hear this :no:

I'm very sorry to hear about this. I know how hard it is to lose a pet. One of my dogs died only a few months ago, and I'm still incredibly sad. Pets become one of the family, and you never forget them, no matter how long they have been gone.

Please pass on my support to your friend.

That is so sad for your friend, and for you too. It is one of those things in life which never gets easier, saying goodbye to those wonderful friends and family we love, both human and pets (who are so close to being human in many cases, and who often show more humanity than humans do).

It hurts so much. I would put my arms round both of you and hug you now, all the way from Tokyo...if I could. :wub2:

Oh! So sorry to read this, I am in tears myself now.

I am a great animal lover.

The only thing I can say is that she was cherished and loved while she was alive and no doubt she had a good life.

BTW, I was so upset, I just burned my bagel....

i was just writing my sig to send it in for the petition when i saw this thread. i started crying and now im going to have to redo it. i know how hard this is, i lost my kitten only what seems to be a few months ago, though i know its been longer. its hard to lose a pet and even harded to get over that loss. send your friend my love, though i know im only a stranger. and i send my love to you, God Bless you both. if you need to talk, im always here.

• 3 months later...

THIS IS WAYYYYY LATE BECAUSE I JUST FOUND THIS THREAD...

that is my post/blog/whatever.

thank you all sooooooooooo much.

it may be 3months after the fact but i have every single day that i go home to my dad's and look at my other dog, Minnie. I wonder, how sad is she? she's never been alone. Now, she barely goes outside because she's alone. it's very sad but she's starting to get better.

we actually looked at another puppy two days ago. another mini dachshund. she was adorable. i called her Snickers, although, we didn't get her ($999.00 YEESH!) i had that feeling that maybe Minnie wouldn't be alone anymore.

thanks again and i'm sorry this is late. lol

later

xxx

• 1 month later...