Mika bans Boyzone cover

lcmlcm

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Pam. My Interpretation and Erase are lame and predictable - i.e. cheesy. One sounds like a Broadway show tune the other like a second rate Robbie Williams ballad.

I used to find Lollipop grating because of the falsetto and the children, but it's not a cheesy song. There's nothing routine, schmaltzy or weak about it. I don't know how you can define a song like that as cheesy.

This is really a proof of how differently we appreciate music.:roftl:

My Interpretation doesn't do any special impression to me, while Erase is one of my absolute favourites, its story about how foolish we sometimes behave when we should know better. :boxed:

I listen to it time after time and just love it, both the lyrics and the music.

Pure love!:wub2:

Lollipop, happy, jumpy, catchy, children seems to love the song.

No big deal to me.:naughty:

I agree with Pam. My Interpretation and Erase are lame and predictable - i.e. cheesy. One sounds like a Broadway show tune the other like a second rate Robbie Williams ballad.

:tears:

but..but..I wub myinterpretation&erase!

ok, I'm the kinda person who says Satellite is her most loved Mika song..go on:naughty:

btw Lollipop is absolutely amazing!:punk:

so catchy, everybody's gonna love it at first time:cool:{even my dad was "dancing" to it..I SAW YOU!}:roftl:

:tears:

but..but..I wub myinterpretation&erase!

ok, I'm the kinda person who says Satellite is her most loved Mika song..go on:naughty:

btw Lollipop is absolutely amazing!:punk:

so catchy, everybody's gonna love it at first time:cool:{even my dad was "dancing" to it..I SAW YOU!}:roftl:

I prefer Erase to My Interpretation. But being who I am I'm quite sure it would be the other way round if Mika played Erase instead at the shows :roftl:

What do you think about Eros, greta? :bleh: Cheesy?

I used to find Lollipop grating because of the falsetto and the children, but it's not a cheesy song. There's nothing routine, schmaltzy or weak about it. I don't know how you can define a song like that as cheesy.

Ok, i doubt i'd ever here anyone else sing a song like my interpretation because it's so...differentm but erase is deffinitely one of those "american idol songs" and you know what i mean :naughty:

Ok, i doubt i'd ever here anyone else sing a song like my interpretation because it's so...differentm but erase is deffinitely one of those "american idol songs" and you know what i mean :naughty:

you mean like 'keep bleeding, keep keep bleeding love...' :naughty:

I'm so glad!

:groupwave:

Mika, focus on your objectives! never ever give yourself away for money!

:wub2:

Every time you make a choice, you show that you are what we think you are at MFC: a really special powerpop guy :glasses2::blush-anim-cl::wub2:

ahem..actually he collaborated with Eros Ramazzotti:naughty:

in this song

:puke:

This is really a proof of how differently we appreciate music.:roftl:

My Interpretation doesn't do any special impression to me, while Erase is one of my absolute favourites, its story about how foolish we sometimes behave when we should know better. :boxed:

I listen to it time after time and just love it, both the lyrics and the music.

Pure love!:wub2:

Lollipop, happy, jumpy, catchy, children seems to love the song.

No big deal to me.:naughty:

Its interesting how differently people interpret songs, cause My Interpretation is one of my favourites songs. Too me its very emotional and i guess on some level i can identify with some of the lyrics.

I also love Erase and Lollipop, i guess in some way they are a bit cheesy but hey who really cares as long as you like the music who cares what its labelled.

Its interesting how differently people interpret songs, cause My Interpretation is one of my favourites songs. Too me its very emotional and i guess on some level i can identify with some of the lyrics.

I don't mind the song in and of itself - there's nothing wrong with the lyrics and it's a nice melody. But it's performed like a broadway showtune in the studio and on stage. It's lacking in passion, as are some of the other slower tracks on the album.

The difference with Happy Ending or Any Other World though is that his live performances are phenomenal and moving. My Interpretation is the weakest song in his set and should be the first to go IMO.

I don't mind the song in and of itself - there's nothing wrong with the lyrics and it's a nice melody. But it's performed like a broadway showtune in the studio and on stage. It's lacking in passion, as are some of the other slower tracks on the album.

The difference with Happy Ending or Any Other World though is that his live performances are phenomenal and moving. My Interpretation is the weakest song in his set and should be the first to go IMO.

Personally, I dont like over my shoulder, or any other world. i love my interpretation

Personally, I dont like over my shoulder, or any other world. i love my interpretation

I never liked Any Other World. It's very high on the cheese factor. But it really is phenomenal live. I'd rather see him sing that than Grace Kelly and Grace Kelly is one of my favourite songs of all time.

Yes I really agree on what you say about My Interpretation!:wink2:

"If I was invisible, then I could just watch you in your room..."

:roftl: :roftl:

once i was talking with a friend about erase and my friend said :

as soon as you hear my voice dont hesitate, put your finger on the button and erase, come on!!how can you just write anything like this and yes of course you know...

i kind of emotionally like it though because its not perfect maybe haha who knows, my cheesy side

lollipop with the false rap and the children singing those lyrics...brilliant,btw i remember that mika this famous liar did sthg really funny at the time, while he was in the us of a no one wanted children to sing that song because of the lyrics and on the phone mika xplained them that it was the opposite of what they thought etc.,lol:naughty:

as christine said the slow tracks are not what mika does the best, thats crazy how a song like relax can be more sad and melancholic than his slower tracks but thats him and thats great

lol@your father greta, he sure knows what its all about:naughty:

i worry about a song called eurobasket:shocked: ,lol , i dunno

I never liked Any Other World. It's very high on the cheese factor. But it really is phenomenal live. I'd rather see him sing that than Grace Kelly and Grace Kelly is one of my favourite songs of all time.

grace kelly is just the perfection of perfection but i agree its like i dont like happy ending but i loved it live because ....i dunno why exactly but i did...

grace kelly is perfect lyrics, perfect music

As far as I'm concerned, My Interpretation has had its time. Come on, Mika, it's time for Eurobasket! :punk: Whatever that is...

Ohhh and I don't quite agree with what has been said about the slow songs in general. I sooo want Overrated on the second album. It won't happen, though... :(

The track on the album is a masterpiece. That's why I'm not as thrilled with the live performances. It never lives up to what he recorded.

The closest he ever came was a Tonight Show performance a year ago but he never sings it that perfectly at a concert because it's the end of the set and he's running around and jumping on top of a huge M. :naughty:

As far as I'm concerned, My Interpretation has had its time. Come on, Mika, it's time for Eurobasket! :punk:

:lmao:

Ohhh and I don't quite agree with what has been said about the slow songs in general. I sooo want Overrated on the second album. It won't happen, though... :(

I don't have any complaints about his slow songs in general. Just the overproduced tracks on LICM. I love the demos and his live performances.

he never sings it that perfectly at a concert because it's the end of the set and he's running around and jumping on top of a huge M. :naughty:

:roftl: :roftl:

once someone asked him if he took drugs and he said : have you seen me on stage? if i would take drugs i would just be too scared to fall.lol

and double lol because he actually already fell and in a different interview whe he was asked about the drugs he didnt answer,lmao

lol@eurobasket@violetsky

i forgot about overrated, i love it and i like over my shoulder too, the piano, i sort of like like your sympathys demo but i hate the official verison with the fake voice

LOL cheese factor, Yeah i dont like love today live and thats my favourite mika song. I just dont like the way he stretches the beginning out.

grace kelly is just the perfection of perfection but i agree its like i dont like happy ending but i loved it live because ....i dunno why exactly but i did...

IT IS PERFECTION!!! the lyrics are like magic and the beat is simply...:wub2:

The track on the album is a masterpiece. That's why I'm not as thrilled with the live performances. It never lives up to what he recorded.

The closest he ever came was a Tonight Show performance a year ago but he never sings it that perfectly at a concert because it's the end of the set and he's running around and jumping on top of a huge M. :naughty:

I was blown away at his performance on the Jools Holland show. :mf_lustslow:

I was a big fan of boyzone well just ronan when 10 yrs old to 16 and loved boybands but my taste in music has changed over the last 2 years but I still I love Ronan I hope Mika will still be respectful friendly to them as theyre people with feelings cos he doesnt like a band or other artists doesnt mean everyone thinks the same we all have diffirent music tastes I love alot of diffirent bands and other artists I know Boyzone are abiT chessy but so are westlife and other bands out there and they do well Boyzone was around for 7 years and westlife about 10 yrs I love Mika the best now though I love all kinds of music I hope Mika realises that hes not better than anybody else or worse as a person I mean his music is my favorite though but hes not everyones taste I get alot of stick for loving mika but I dont care really as I love him thats all that matters to me