Hello from Down Under

chickadee

Hi, I'm new to the site. I'm Australian, married with kids and recently "discovered" MySpace and YouTube, which I'd kind of been avoiding as I thought they were only for young people. Silly me! Anyway, I found Mika by accident. I was looking at Michael Buble's MySpace page (as I'm a fan of his), and found a comment by a young girl to go to her page and listen to her songs, which I did and in her comments there was a msg from Mika. His "comment" was a picture of himself with his hand up in the air and I thought "Who on earth is this (quite attractive) person who thinks so much of himself that he posts his own picture in the comments?" I went to his page, heard "Grace Kelly", went "Ah that's that song I've heard on the radio and didn't know who it was by" (mostly because I don't actually pay attention to the radio), and promptly became Mika obsessed. :mf_lustslow::biggrin2: I found this site tonight while looking for Mika interviews on Google. Happy to be here folks!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Chickadee! Welcome at the MFC! You're at the right place to feed your obsession! And you are even luckier: you have the perfect age to join The Oldlings Thread:naughty: Come and visit us once if you like.

Have fun:thumb_yello:

(Nice nickname, by the way:biggrin2: )

Hi, thanks for all the welcomes. I'm really confused:blink: I actually went to the oldlings thread cos it came up as recent posts and people had these funny little things down the bottom saying MFC-mothers and tartan trousers and aussie mikamite etc as well as saying they were oldling #whatever, and I didn't know what people were talking about so I've come back here to ask newbie dumb questions. Hope that's ok. BTW, how did you know my age? I know I said when I registered that it could show my age, but I couldn't see it anywhere on my post. Maybe I didn't look hard enough?

Hi, thanks for all the welcomes. I'm really confused:blink: I actually went to the oldlings thread cos it came up as recent posts and people had these funny little things down the bottom saying MFC-mothers and tartan trousers and aussie mikamite etc as well as saying they were oldling #whatever, and I didn't know what people were talking about so I've come back here to ask newbie dumb questions. Hope that's ok. BTW, how did you know my age? I know I said when I registered that it could show my age, but I couldn't see it anywhere on my post. Maybe I didn't look hard enough?

If you click on someones (nick)name you can choose View Public Profile. There you can see what people added. I'm always curious. When I was a newbie I did a lot of surfing on this website. And now there are a couple of threads a regurlarly visit, and I look often at the New Posts-thingie. You'll get the hang of it while trying. And never hesitate to ask.:thumb_yello:

How do I become an Oldling? I realise it's for people over 30 (I did get as far as that) and I qualify on age, but what else do I do?

Actually you can just go there and I think (don't remember clearly) that DcDeb gives you a number. Number is not really important I guess. And then: just chat with us on whatever subject you like!

Hey Chickadee! :)

We all became obsessed after hearing Grace Kelly...or maybe another song... nevermind, the important thing is we're all obsessed... :cool::)

Welcome to MFC! I'm sure you'll have fun here:)