So, What Is It You Love About MIKA?

CallieFornia

Hey everyone! I'm writing an essay for my English course and I am writing a 'persuasive text about something I feel passionate about.'

Obviously, I chose Mika!

It would be amazing if you could help me with this - by telling me what makes him our favourite celebrity! Any opinions would be greatly appreciated! :biggrin2:

It would be helpful to hear things such as:

Reasons why he is the best Music artist, e.g. 'Mika is a new and unique approach to pop music', 'he has overcome a difficult childhood and found success'

How you discovered the Mikster

Links to/quotes from press

What it is about

Lists of awards/album sales

Anything you consider proof of his greatness

How he has 'enriched' your life!

What is so brilliant about particular songs

What you love about his shows

Anyone who wants to write up for me the 'Born in Lebanon during golf war, dad held hostage in Kuwait, developed dyslexia due to bullying at school etc.' story!

Quotes from Mika

Anything that you think might convert those who aren't fans/destroys people's negative perceptions of him

The only thing I will say is please don't just come up with 'he's hot', 'he has cool hair', 'he has a tamagotchi/toy theatre', 'he has a cute laugh' - true as these may be, what I'm doing is to persuade people who don't like Mika to listen to his music and like him as a celebrity, not an essay about why I love him.

Thanks!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this is a pretty overdone statement, but.... everything about him.

His talent, his manner, his words, his looks, his sound, his smell (darn it, that last one was made up... I wish though)

:lmao:

his music is so... unique. he doesnt try to be anything he isnt just to fit in (grace kelly!)

Just a little list

1. his music

2. his voice

3. his talent (ie piano, singing)

4. being able to jump about and still sing :shocked:

5. how he’s such a mummy’s boy

6. great personality

7. great manners

8. great looks

9. hot body (ahem.. that doesn’t count :blush-anim-cl: )

10. his artwork

11. he’s great with the fans

12. he’s funny

13. he’s unique

14. he’s everything I wish guys could be nowadays :wub2: well I don’t know him personally, he could be an asshole for all I know lol, but I like what I see :blush-anim-cl:

i've missed a few points haven't i? :naughty:

I can just imagine Gemma (my English tutor's) reaction if I concluded the essay, 'I think what makes Mika the most talented celebrity is his hot body.'

Actually ... she'd probably find it funny.

Thanks for the replies so far anyway guys, I'll definately be using all of them!

Thanks for all your suggestions - keep them coming!

It would also be helpful to hear things such as:

Reasons why he is the best Music artist, e.g. 'Mika is a new and unique approach to pop music', 'he has overcome a difficult childhood and found success'

How you discovered the Mikster

Links to/quotes from press

What it is about

Lists of awards/album sales

Anything you consider proof of his greatness

How he has 'enriched' your life!

What is so brilliant about particular songs

What you love about his shows

Anyone who wants to write up for me the 'Born in Lebanon during golf war, dad held hostage in Kuwait, developed dyslexia due to bullying at school etc.' story!

Quotes from Mika

Anything that you think might convert those who aren't fans/destroys people's negative perceptions of him

The only thing I will say is please don't just come up with 'he's hot', 'he has cool hair', 'he has a tamagotchi/toy theatre', 'he has a cute laugh' - true as these may be, what I'm doing is to persuade people who don't like Mika to listen to his music and like him as a celebrity, not an essay about why I love him.

Thanks!

Hey everyone! I'm writing an essay for my English course and I am writing a 'persuasive text about something I feel passionate about.'

Obviously, I chose Mika!

It would be amazing if you could help me with this - by telling me what makes him our favourite celebrity! Any opinions would be greatly appreciated! :biggrin2:

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PROJECT . .

For me it's

MIKA'S CHARACTER & PERSONALITY

that is so persuasive.

HERE IS A REALLY GOOD, LONG ARTICLE THAT I'LL BET WILL HELP YOU . . .

*http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/2007/07/08/svmika08.xml

+

A REALLY NICE PHOTO OF MIKA AT THE BLINK GALLERY . . .

*http://i.realone.com/assets/rn/img/2/1/7/3/15493712-15493714-large.jpg

I discoverd Mika when I first saw Grace Kelly on tv.

I loved him from the beginning :biggrin2:

But what I love the most is that he just is different. He doesnt cares about sizes, how you look like or what you wear.

He just makes me feel good about myself, and he cheers me up everytime I listen to Love Today or Lollipop. :blush-anim-cl:

OMG!!!! I watched my LIVE in Cartoon Motion DVD last night.... *well, not ALL of it yet* And just makes me realize all the more WHY I love Mika! OMG.....

he is SO REAL.... that is why I love him. I am so addicted to him, he is my drug. A drug that I am beginning not to be able to live without! That is VERY dangerous, you know! I hope that Mika NEVER loses that which makes him so SPECIAL and unique. :mf_lustslow:

Obviously, I chose Mika!

I just think that there has never been anyone like Mika. I mean... obviously I'm not trying to class him with Jesus Christ... because that would be wrong, and stupid. But certainly, in the world of entertainment, there has never been anyone like Mika. All other celebrities are in it for themselves and the money. They will do anything to get the fame and notoriety. Mika will not. I know that, on stage he plays to the crowd and is confident, but off stage, he is vulnerable and very humble. Even though he's had this great success, it has not gone to his head.

He's a very private person, and I respect that, though I sometimes wish he'd lighten-up a little bit, for his own sake. He's a gorgeous guy with a good heart and a child-like demeaner. Someone is going to want to get with him someday, and none of us would mind who he chooses, as long as his partner really loves him.

If I met Mika, I'm likely to want to mother him. He's two months younger than my son. But he is the most unique person ever in the world of entertainment. He's the most talented, and as far as I am concerned, He's a beautiful visionary who has introduced us to a wonderful new world, created by his songs and his vision.

The world no longer spins in space,

Instead,

It spins in cartoon motion.

Mika is throwing his worldwide party,

On every shore,

Of every ocean.

Long live Mika!!!

Love today, from Marilyn

I just think that there has never been anyone like Mika. I mean... obviously I'm not trying to class him with Jesus Christ... because that would be wrong, and stupid. But certainly, in the world of entertainment, there has never been anyone like Mika.

:lmfao::roftl: :roftl:

John Lennon flashback..

Marilyn, how could I put it any better?

After many years wandering in the wilderness of popular music, without a port to call home, I recently discovered Mika. I feel alive again. I can feel again. Yes, he can make me cry and touch my heart, but mostly he's so upbeat and infectious even if it's a sad topic. I feel joy again. How does "antidote to depression" sound? I love that while what he's doing feels fresh and new, there are things about it that have enough "reminders" of older periods of music to feel comfortable. I love his enthusiasm and energy. I love that he's his own person and doesn't compromise himself. That may make him difficult sometimes, but I really respect that.

Hmmm. I'll have to think on it some more.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PROJECT . .

For me it's

MIKA'S CHARACTER & PERSONALITY

that is so persuasive.

HERE IS A REALLY GOOD, LONG ARTICLE THAT I'LL BET WILL HELP YOU . . .

*http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/2007/07/08/svmika08.xml

+

A REALLY NICE PHOTO OF MIKA AT THE BLINK GALLERY . . .

*http://i.realone.com/assets/rn/img/2/1/7/3/15493712-15493714-large.jpg

. . . BUT MOST OF ALL

(I'VE BEEN THINKING ABOUT IT!)

MIKA'S S P I R I T --

that part of a person, that many believe, is eternal!

-----------------------------------------------------------

I would like very much to read the final piece. Thank you.

I'll bet your teacher/professor will be astounded!

wow.. i got tears in my eyes lol, you all are writing it so well, and it's just have i feel it too:) he is really unice, and know how to get joy into so many life all over the world!

the music industry (and the world) really needed someone like him, someone different, someone who could bring colors and again joy and happiness to this world with just being them self:)

im a baaad explainer, and i know everything has been said, but i had to say something too lol;P

mika really deserve being on the top!:wub2:

. . . BUT MOST OF ALL

(I'VE BEEN THINKING ABOUT IT!)

MIKA'S S P I R I T --

that part of a person, that many believe, is eternal!

-----------------------------------------------------------

I would like very much to read the final piece. Thank you.

I'll bet your teacher/professor will be astounded!

A couple of things I forgot to mention, on my post, earlier in the thread. One thing is... I love Mika's speaking voice, just as much as his singing voice. I could listen to him talk for hours. His speaking voice is so warm, it makes you feel warm inside. He's fantastic when he's being interviewd and always wants to hug people. So the second thing is... In a world so filled with hatred and war, he is a haven of love. He is conquering the world with his music and his vision, so our young visionary IS doing, more than just his bit, to make the world a better place.

And what makes it even more extraordinary is.... I really don't think Mika is aware of the impact he is having in the world, OR, of how special he is!!

Love today, from Marilyn