I read that too... sad, sad, sad.

It pisses me off to no extent, and I'm not even gay!

I just can't believe the narrowmindedness of some people.

I don't get how these idiots have the power to rule such huge countries.

When will they get that people are people, period.

*shakes fist*

It pisses me off to no extent, and I'm not even gay!

I just can't believe the narrowmindedness of some people.

I don't get how these idiots have the power to rule such huge countries.

When will they get that people are people, period.

*shakes fist*

Just thank God or Fate or whatever of living in the Netherlands!!!! Northern Europe ROCKS!!! :punk:

I was poking around snopes.com last night, and they have urban legends in different categories. So I clicked on the "Urban Legends about Songs" link thing. Anyway, this big story came up about this Hungarian guy named Rezso Seress (I think) and he wrote this song after he broke up with his girlfriend. And apparently the song is so sad that it was banned in Hungary, and a couple other countries in Europe because alot of the people who listened to it killed themselves.

I listened to it last night... it's an absolutely stunning song. I'm still alive, though, so we'll see what happens. It really is beautiful though. Very haunting. It's called "Gloomy Sunday", but it's nicknamed "The Hungarian Suicide Song"

I definetely WON'T listen to this song!!! lol :naughty:

The truth is that you might have all heard this song - it is very famous and the suicide story just helps its publicity .

Here is the real story:

and Billie Holiday's version

:wink2:

Just thank God or Fate or whatever of living in the Netherlands!!!! Northern Europe ROCKS!!! :punk:

Thing is, it's not even that great here but it's a lot better than in most places.

A couple of years ago I felt the tolerance level was higher than it is now. I'm in no way racist, however, most of the hate crimes here are performed by muslim youth.

It makes me sad.

Well at least we have equal rights here!

some of us are lucky to be in the right place, around the right people .. and unfortunetly many of us are still stuck in their world - a world that has no respect for them, be it in their gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race...

:thumbdown:

Where do you live if you don't mind me asking?

I really do consider myself lucky to live in the Netherlands.

tell us more..

hi Racha:)

Its just the discover of the Vancouver Gig which has pretty well made my week, my month, my year.....:wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

Its like a dream , I have been waiting for this since I was very young.

I knew that something BIG was going to happen! just not sure where or when!

now I have where and when! a big where and when!

wow

how are you? its good to see you here:)

so Racha, what brings you to this thread?

its a nice place to talk eh?

I am bisexual and I identify with the gay community and pretty well any community!

I would like to go to Dubai one day,,,I always wanted to go to the Middle East, but never could quite figure out which area, I would like to visit Israel one of

these days!

:)

I've been writing on this thread (every now and then) since Aurélien opened it. We discussed the song "stuck in the middle" and how much to it meant to a lot of people I know. I am not gay, but relate a lot.. and am very involved with the community (as you said "any community") :)

Dubai is a cool place.. sunny most of the year, nice beaches.. but I work here so I don't get to enjoy it as much as I would have wanted to.. I always end up vacationing in Europe to break the monotone of my lifestyle and stress from work..

Have you see then movie "the bubble"?

I love Stuck in the Middle

its special to me.

very special to me.

helloooo!!!

I just came home from theatre where I saw Disney's Enchanted!!! :mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow:

I strongly reccomend it to you all: it really lives up to its name!

I also suggest you to go and see it with your partner (if you have any!)... It's the quintessential date movie!!! I really regret not having a significant other to go out and see it with! :P

I guess I'll watch it someday with someone on DVD or something!

btw: I identified myself with Prince Edward... lol

I just came home from theatre where I saw Disney's Enchanted!!! :mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow:

Oh wow that surprises me actually! From what I've seen of it, it didn't appeal to me at all.

But it's quite good then?

hi, everyone! back from london! :mf_rosetinted:

I'm seriously considering attending the rescheduled gigs, hope matt'll join too :wub2:

I did meet rebeka, she's funny. :biggrin2: hope she's got over her hangover by now LOL :bleh:

aurelien, em told me of your fab experience at the mika gig on the 2nd! :thumb_yello: I'd have LOVED to meet ya.. :boxed: too bad for the cancellation. we also had a blast at the party without mika on the 3rd, sorry you could not be there

Hello Avoca!

What do you mean that I`m funny? (-: I don`t remember anything!! (one glass of wine, then another one, then.. I had to drown the sorrow in wine you know.. I didn`t see Mika). But I woke up in MINE bed so it couldn`t be so bad (-:

helloooo!!!

I also suggest you to go and see it with your partner (if you have any!)... It's the quintessential date movie!!! I really regret not having a significant other to go out and see it with! :P

I guess I'll watch it someday with someone on DVD or something!

btw: I identified myself with Prince Edward... lol

oh! what's it?:blush-anim-cl: Where did you seen that?

in London i saw some posters for a Lion King show in theatres...

so Racha, what brings you to this thread?

its a nice place to talk eh?

I am bisexual and I identify with the gay community and pretty well any community!

I would like to go to Dubai one day,,,I always wanted to go to the Middle East, but never could quite figure out which area, I would like to visit Israel one of

these days!

:)

Hi Suzanne!

I`ve spent 5 years in Israel so if you want I can give you some "gay" tips for your jurney.

Oh wow that surprises me actually! From what I've seen of it, it didn't appeal to me at all.

But it's quite good then?

I don't know if it's quite good... my music taste is quite bizarre to the least. Let's say I really enjoyed it! Who am I to judge? I can say that when I saw the trailer I was totally thrilled, so maybe it's a kind of movie that doesn't fit your genre?

Maybe the dragon scene in the end could've been avoided, but that's only my opinion. And I would've opted for a different happy ending, but with it being a Disney I couldn't really expect they would've gone all Pocahontas again! ^^

Btw, Susan Sarandon wearing almost same make-up Tim Curry had on Rocky Horror Show is worth the price of the ticket, IMHO!!! :punk:

oh! what's it?:blush-anim-cl: Where did you seen that?

in London i saw some posters for a Lion King show in theatres...

Al cinema! In italia si intitola Come d'Incanto! :wub2: é stupendoooooooooo!!!

yeah, I agree. didn't see the film, but I agree she kinda recalls me tim. and I LOOOOOVE tim, even outside RHPS which I actually don't like that much..:wink2: he's a GREAT actor with an incredible charisma. and best cardinal richelieu I have seen in a movie.. :biggrin2:

hello, racha!

rebeka, again lovely to meet ya. I understand you didn't remember much, you were quite hype, to say least... :naughty:

aurelien, sorry I missed ya. I heard of your excellent adventure with mika :biggrin2: , a lucky one who actually SAW him.. :boxed: I am pleased for ya! :thumb_yello: will ya be in feb. in london? I think I'm gonna make it to there.

and in fact I look very forward to meet (again) king matt and to meet diana :wub2:

rebeka, again lovely to meet ya. I understand you didn't remember much, you were quite hype, to say least... :naughty:

Give me details, but in PM :naughty:

But I do remember you though not in detail :naughty:

You wore something interesting, such an androgynous style, at least in comparison with all the huge skirts..

Hope to meet you again, Avoca, this time sober :bleh:

Nice to met you...

will you go in London in February? I'm thinking about because i'm not sure :blink:

or maybe you wait a gig in slovackia for you and the 2 sisters and the 2cousins? :naughty:

you must find a right venue for M, the band, you, me, and 2 sisters, 2 cousins.... :wink2:

i dont write others things because (you know) i dont speak english :biggrin2:

ciao

Nice to met you...

will you go in London in February? I'm thinking about because i'm not sure :blink:

or maybe you wait a gig in slovackia for you and the 2 sisters and the 2cousins? :naughty:

you must find a right venue for M, the band, you, me, and 2 sisters, 2 cousins.... :wink2:

i dont write others things because (you know) i dont speak english :biggrin2:

ciao

Of course you don`t speak English, your English is horrible!!!! :naughty:

Sweet Allegra! It was great to meet you in London, you are one of those I will not forget (in the best sense), and will always be happy to meet you again! I will go to 1 or 2 shows in late February so we will meet again (hopefully)! I hope I will not have a reason again to drown my sorrow (of cancelled show) in wine so I will be a nice girl :bleh:

And then, I will invite Mika and his four fellows, the 2 sisters, the cousin, and of course you.. to my living room. As we talk about the huge amount of extremelly fanatic Mika fans here in giant Slovakia :naughty:

Of course you don`t speak English, your English is horrible!!!! :naughty:

And then, I will invite Mika and his four fellows, the 2 sisters, the cousin, and of course you.. to my living room. As we talk about the huge amount of extremelly fanatic Mika fans here in giant Slovakia :naughty:

Thank you, i hope i find a cheap flight from Italy to Rebeka's living room! :bleh: I hope the 5 fans of slovakia dont push during the gig :boxed:

The truth is that you might have all heard this song - it is very famous and the suicide story just helps its publicity .

Here is the real story:

and Billie Holiday's version

:wink2:

Szia Erika, and welcome in one of my few favourite threads! I sent you a PM but anyways I want to say that it was a pleasure to meet you in London, on the Palladium night, then to spend the afternoon with you in Covent Garden on 5th, and the amazing day on 6th, so when I was flying home on 7th I was full of impressions from you, all the other great people I met, e.g. Allegra, Fanny, Em, Mariposa, I don`t even remember, and of glorious London of course.. The only missing part to make it perfect was of course Mika`s disease, I wish him all the best, and hope to see him, fit and well, in Februray!

he's a GREAT actor with an incredible charisma. and best cardinal richelieu I have seen in a movie.. :biggrin2:

and in fact I look very forward to meet (again) king matt and to meet diana :wub2:

Richelieu. :wub2:

Feb 26th. :wub2: