The British and Proud thread!

Sarah_loves_mika

see, i dont like the rlly thick scottish accents, like Martin's. i dont know why...i like Calvin Harris' better though. i guess i just dont like the way they talk, it annoys me. not that Martin annoys me...but...

see i dont get Calvin Harris, half the time he sounds bloody English :naughty: Im not a big fan of the Scottish accents, it depends which part of Scotland you're from. I like Martins though, i think it sounds sexy :das: maybe just bcos its him :bleh:

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

see, i dont like the rlly thick scottish accents, like Martin's. i dont know why...i like Calvin Harris' better though. i guess i just dont like the way they talk, it annoys me. not that Martin annoys me...but...

Try this for a crazy Scottish accent. You can't even tell if he's speaking English or not.

see i dont get Calvin Harris, half the time he sounds bloody English :naughty: Im not a big fan of the Scottish accents, it depends which part of Scotland you're from. I like Martins though, i think it sounds sexy :das: maybe just bcos its him :bleh:

martin is sexy himself, but his accent...oh nevermind, i shall not say what i was just gonna say about such a talented man!

haha. we make awful horrer movies! i dont think i have ever seen an american horrer movie that scared me! except the Ring, that was creeps! and yes, i have to agree FRIENDS is awesome, not like just awesome but wicked awesome ya know?

lol nah me neither, there's plenty of gore but not scary at all :naughty:

Yes Friends is sick! (sick meaning good) lol my best mate is obsessed with Friends :mf_rosetinted:

oh another thing that annoys me actually is that you call football soccer!! :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

Try this for a crazy Scottish accent. You can't even tell if he's speaking English or not.

Blimey, he's talking a whole new language isnt he :naughty: might help if he spoke a little louder

lol nah me neither, there's plenty of gore but not scary at all :naughty:

Yes Friends is sick! (sick meaning good) lol my best mate is obsessed with Friends :mf_rosetinted:

oh another thing that annoys me actually is that you call football soccer!! :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

Blimey, he's talking a whole new language isnt he :naughty: might help if he spoke a little louder

haha. nice american twist on your sentence! very well! and soccer is waaaay better than football!loL! haha. i confuse myself!!!

lol no go on...

haha he sounds as though...oh never mind! the other day we were playing this thing in french class where someone is blindfolded, and the other has to desguise his/her voice to sound like someone else, so the person who is blindfolded cant guess who it is! and so this kid Greg goes up and my french teacher decides to disquise her voice, so when it was time for greg to guess who it was he was like "god! whoever that was, it just sounded like a dying cow!" haha. he was so embarassed when he found out he as talking about our teacher when he said that...anyways...i shall not go on about Martin!

haha. nice american twist on your sentence! very well! and soccer is waaaay better than football!loL! haha. i confuse myself!!!

nooooooo its football!!!!!!!! we invented the bloody game, its called football!!

is 'sick' used alot where you are then? we use it all the time....well not all of us :naughty:

Do you like Ricky Gervais?

haha he sounds as though...oh never mind! the other day we were playing this thing in french class where someone is blindfolded, and the other has to desguise his/her voice to sound like someone else, so the person who is blindfolded cant guess who it is! and so this kid Greg goes up and my french teacher decides to disquise her voice, so when it was time for greg to guess who it was he was like "god! whoever that was, it just sounded like a dying cow!" haha. he was so embarassed when he found out he as talking about our teacher when he said that...anyways...i shall not go on about Martin!

:roftl: poor sod

nooooooo its football!!!!!!!! we invented the bloody game, its called football!!

is 'sick' used alot where you are then? we use it all the time....well not all of us :naughty:

Do you like Ricky Gervais?

we say 'sick' 'sweet' 'sicknasty' 'nasty' so ya....and who is Ricky watsa?

we say 'sick' 'sweet' 'sicknasty' 'nasty' so ya....and who is Ricky watsa?

ahh ok lol

Ricky Gervais, he's a British comedian. He was David Brent in 'The Office'. He's tooooo funny

what is a sod???

different meanings really....

Sod: 1)piece of turf/surface of the ground

2)Brit slang. an awkward or unpleasant person

3)Brit slang. a person of a specific kind

so you can use it in different ways, for example.....'Oh you little sod!', 'sod off!' , 'lucky sod' or like i said 'poor sod' :naughty:

ahh ok lol

Ricky Gervais, he's a British comedian. He was David Brent in 'The Office'. He's tooooo funny

different meanings really....

Sod: 1)piece of turf/surface of the ground

2)Brit slang. an awkward or unpleasant person

3)Brit slang. a person of a specific kind

so you can use it in different ways, for example.....'Oh you little sod!', 'sod off!' , 'lucky sod' or like i said 'poor sod' :naughty:

haha/im gonna say sod off from now on!!! and noone will kno what it means here!

Yep. It most definately is called football - to say soccer in front of an English person is a major offence.

And let me explain why....

If you take the word football, and part it into two, you get the words foot and ball.

Simple. Because you kick the BALL with your FOOT.

Not like some other sport i know named "football" which you throw the sodding thing.......

And there we have it!

Yep. It most definately is called football - to say soccer in front of an English person is a major offence.

If you take the word football, and part it into two, you get the words foot and ball.

Not like some other sport i know named "football" which you throw the sodding thing.......

And there we have it!

thank you Sarah!

And there we have it!

haha. so if i go up to FD and say soccer he will beat me to death? i get it! :lmao:

haha. so if i go up to FD and say soccer he will beat me to death? i get it! :lmao:

Yep! Or basically, any English footy fan. Remember - it's footy for a reason....

And if it's not called footy, its called the beautiful game. Englands no 1 sport....

But Rugby is so much better!!! I mean, those guys don't wear silly helmets and body armour things. They just get slaughtered out there.....! It's my fave.

You know much about rugby?

Yep! Or basically, any English footy fan. Remember - it's footy for a reason....

And if it's not called footy, its called the beautiful game. Englands no 1 sport....

But Rugby is so much better!!! I mean, those guys don't wear silly helmets and body armour things. They just get slaughtered out there.....! It's my fave.

You know much about rugby?

haha. *goes to find FD* and no, i just know ppl get beaten to death! sounds fun!

Where is everyone??

Are they all watching Strictly Come Dancing?? :blink:

whats that? and what is the X Factor everyone talks about?

haha. *goes to find FD* and no, i just know ppl get beaten to death! sounds fun!

whats that? and what is the X Factor everyone talks about?

Haha. Strictly come Dancing is the original dancing show that America stole and renamed 'Dancing with the stars'........ :naughty:

Its basically the same thing, with Tess Daly and old Brucie!!!

And the X Factor, is kind of like American Idol, only there's no age limit and its open for groups too. It's ok, but i think it's run it's course now.

The UK has some great shows. Like Im a Celebrity Get Me out of Here. And Corrie and EastEnders. Classic.