The British and Proud thread!

Sarah_loves_mika

we had to do Macbeth in year 10 and do an essay thing on it. We got given certain scenes/acts, quote a line and say that as a director, you would direct your actor/actress on how to say it and what to do. I remember I got a B on it and that it was 4 pages xD

Ohh! I remember doing something like that but with the Tempest. We all got in groups and had to act a scene.....

But i think i got like an E or something as we tried to turn it into an episode of Eastenders (the teacher did NOT like that....)

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am partly British too!!

:) my extended family is from the wonderful city of:engl_bolton01.jpg

my Aunties live in Smithils and I have been known to get lost in this area near Rivington (as anyone at the post office near there and I am sure they can remember the story of the 17 year old Canadian lost and yelling:

"I AM LOST ! HELP! I AM AM FROM CANADA!" that seemed to have helped!

Rivington%20011.jpg

Not quite...:naughty:

1428444747_ccac8418aa.jpg

I'm going to the Tower next week.

I saw Antony and Cleopatra at the Globe Theatre. We paid £1 for cushions on the benches and the poor plebs had to stand in the pit while it rained through the open roof. :boxed:

I think that was when he got older, when young, he was quite hot, for the times. :naughty:

:roftl: :roftl: ah this is cracking me up, i feel like using some cockney rhyming slang now :naughty:

My family use it all the time! Its like the true english language to me:thumb_yello:

:roftl:

my hometown is filled to the brim with chavs and trouble makers. And wannabe hard-nuts and people who can't use standard english. And little girls who clearly haven't heard "Lollipop" if you get me. Everyone knows everyone where I live and it's not necessarily a good thing. News spreads round like wildfire. Even if you don't know someone, you're pretty much guarenteed you know someone who knows them.

I hate it. I really don't belong here. I'm much too sophisticated :mf_rosetinted:

(here's the beginning song from "Beauty and the Beast" by the locals outside...)

That just like my area; except minus the constant police visits and drug dealings:thumbdown:

Hey anyone remember this

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Wvw8rRJmskU

Ahhhh I loved the later series they made =D i used to have tapes of Jimmy Nail when i was younger lol i remember sitting on the side in the kitchen when i was about 7 and singing crocodile shoooooooooes whilst my mum was cooking LMAO!!

I especially like the drama on BBC 2 - mind numbingly boring, but if Henry VIII was really as hot as Jonathan Rhys Meyers.... maaaaan.......

:wink2:

Nice to see my British thread coming along so nicely!

I would sooooo DO Henry VIII :naughty:

:roftl:

i understand Shakespeare. 12th night had its moments :lmao: but I get it. I just don't like it lol! I think the best one has to be Macbeth, if I had to choose.

Macbeth?? surely thats the worst one.....or maybe i hate it cos i had to endure a crappy play of it at school that seemed to last a lifetime :sneaky2:

My family use it all the time! Its like the true english language to me:thumb_yello:

:

:naughty: cmon give us a line then

Don't live in Britain but my great grandfather was, and my grandmother was part, so Yeah, I am about 1/2 English, my family came on a ship called the castle eden, anyway, Im not, but part British does that count?

If you can feel the British-ness within you...... then it counts...... :naughty::roftl:

Im really like 1/4 Irish, 1/4 South African, 1/4 Polish and then only 1/4 Englidh, but to be honest i wouldnt want to be anywhere else.... (except Ireland because of my Irish last name.....)

But im still English. I live there and i have the passport, so yeah!!! :naughty:

Im gonna make a list on the front page of Proud Britons and Honoury Proud Britons..... !

If you can feel the British-ness within you...... then it counts...... :naughty::roftl:

Im really like 1/4 Irish, 1/4 South African, 1/4 Polish and then only 1/4 Englidh, but to be honest i wouldnt want to be anywhere else.... (except Ireland because of my Irish last name.....)

But im still English. I live there and i have the passport, so yeah!!! :naughty:

Im gonna make a list on the front page of Proud Britons and Honoury Proud Britons..... !

Make sure im on there Sarah :thumb_yello: whats your last name then?

Make sure im on there Sarah :thumb_yello: whats your last name then?

McCluskey...... :wink2:

I have some Irish traits - like being able to drink REALLY well and liking it, being able to sing (apparently, the Irish can sing well :blink: ) but that's basically it.

I think i inherited my dad's thin african blood because im always freezing cold, but thats it!

The rest of me is all English (and very proud).

McCluskey...... :wink2:

I have some Irish traits - like being able to drink REALLY well and liking it, being able to sing (apparently, the Irish can sing well :blink: ) but that's basically it.

I think i inherited my dad's thin african blood because im always freezing cold, but thats it!

The rest of me is all English (and very proud).

:naughty: that is a good strong Irish name lol My nan was from Northern Ireland and hers was Smyth, i always thought that was pretty cool, although she'd lived here since she was 8 she still had that Irish twang, i loved it :biggrin2:

Jeeees maybe i have some african relatives somewhere then cos im always frozen, my feet are the worst i cant keep the warm at all. Last week when we had sub-zero temperatures they were almost numb, i had to sit with my feet resting in the tumble dryer :roftl:

:naughty: that is a good strong Irish name lol My nan was from Northern Ireland and hers was Smyth, i always thought that was pretty cool, although she'd lived here since she was 8 she still had that Irish twang, i loved it :biggrin2:

Jeeees maybe i have some african relatives somewhere then cos im always frozen, my feet are the worst i cant keep the warm at all. Last week when we had sub-zero temperatures they were almost numb, i had to sit with my feet resting in the tumble dryer :roftl:

Up here today it's like 0.5C - im so cold!!!!!

Its always like the blimmin arctic zone up north!!!

I feel for you, its 5C here but doesnt feel like it....not for me anyway. I might put some gloves on in a minute, my hands and feet just dont warm up no matter what i do,i swear i have circulation problems :blink:

ahhhhhh listen to us moaning about how cold it is....how BRITISH :naughty:

I feel for you, its 5C here but doesnt feel like it....not for me anyway. I might put some gloves on in a minute, my hands and feet just dont warm up no matter what i do,i swear i have circulation problems :blink:

ahhhhhh listen to us moaning about how cold it is....how BRITISH :naughty:

I know. Typical Brits - never happy with what theyve got...... :naughty:

Put it this way, at least it's not raining. That's all it ever does here!!

I know. Typical Brits - never happy with what theyve got...... :naughty:

Put it this way, at least it's not raining. That's all it ever does here!!

:naughty: tis true

i hate rain:sneaky2: i know it doesnt rain quite as much in London as it does up North but its enough :thumbdown: i wouldnt mind if we just got it in autumn and winter but it rained aaaaaaaall through the summer this year, i dont really think we had summer,did we? i feel cheated lol

:roftl: You have no idea my dear. It's -9C in Toronto right now and I'm nowhere near the Arctic. In fact, I'm farther south than London. And winter hasn't even started yet. :boxed: