New Relax Take It Easy (UK Video) on Youtube now!!!!

Showtunes17

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's lovely but I'm disappointed that this is what will be used to promote the single, it doesn't do such a fantastic song justice. It looks more like an ad for the DVD rather than a music video. :thumbdown:

I definitely prefer the previous video which was a creative blend of live footage with his CD characters brought to life in cartoon form. I think that is his best video of all so far.

as I posted elsewhere, I agree 100%.

again not everyone will have the dvd, but still. the french video for relax is SO much better: more creative, more original.

I o.c. like to see mika playing and stuff, but there's the dvd for that (and youtube and so on). he could have come up with smt new. :boxed:

as I posted elsewhere, I agree 100%.

again not everyone will have the dvd, but still. the french video for relax is SO much better: more creative, more original.

I o.c. like to see mika playing and stuff, but there's the dvd for that (and youtube and so on). he could have come up with smt new. :boxed:

avoca.. some people said that they dont want to have the dvd from mika!

why is that..? :boxed: cause you were talking about it .. :lol3:

avoca.. some people said that they dont want to have the dvd from mika!

why is that..? :boxed: cause you were talking about it .. :lol3:

oh, not me. I have it and it costed me a fortune :boxed:

I meant not all mtv/music channels viewers will have the dvd, therefore they won't know the images from relax brit video are from there. :wink2:

I'm surprised they bothered with anything even remotely new, especially for Lollipop. It's very expensive to produce a new video and it is probably cost prohibitive given the small impact a fifth and sixth single are going to have on LiCM sales in the UK. Let's face it, if you've been living under a rock for the past year and somehow managed to remain oblivious to Grace Kelly, Love Today and Big Girl, you're never going to see these videos anyway.

I think this is meant to be an ad for the DVD because there are probably a lot more existing fans out there who would be interested in buying the DVD than there are new fans who will buy LiCM on the strength of a new Mikaish Relax video. If anyone living in the UK finds Mikaish things appealing they are already on board.

oh, not me. I have it and it costed me a fortune :boxed:

I meant not all mtv/music channels viewers will have the dvd, therefore they won't know the images from relax brit video are from there. :wink2:

:boxed:

ooh okay!

i thought huh? cause some dutchies said that the dvd was too expensive which i cant understand.. :boxed:

I'm surprised they bothered with anything even remotely new, especially for Lollipop. It's very expensive to produce a new video and it is probably cost prohibitive given the small impact a fifth and sixth single are going to have on LiCM sales in the UK. Let's face it, if you've been living under a rock for the past year and somehow managed to remain oblivious to Grace Kelly, Love Today and Big Girl, you're never going to see these videos anyway.

Yeah. It's is too late now.

Yeah. It's is too late now.

It should have been the 2nd single IMO. I think it would have mitigated some of the Mika-is-an-annoying-git sentiment in the UK because it's a bit more mainstream dance and a lot of people would have been more open to it than Love Today. It's too late now because I'm sure most people have their minds made up about Mika, one way or another.

I think this is meant to be an ad for the DVD because there are probably a lot more existing fans out there who would be interested in buying the DVD than there are new fans who will buy LiCM on the strength of a new Mikaish Relax video. If anyone living in the UK finds Mikaish things appealing they are already on board.

You're right, it is late in the game, and it would be expensive. My disappointment is simple: I know what I wanted to see (or what I thought that the song deserved) and that's not what was presented. Financially and managerially what I wanted probably wasn't viable. But it's a shame to see the artistic possibilities that his best song (IMO) presented wasted with a 'filler' rehash video/plug for his DVD.

It should have been the 2nd single IMO. I think it would have mitigated some of the Mika-is-an-annoying-git sentiment in the UK because it's a bit more mainstream dance and a lot of people would have been more open to it than Love Today. It's too late now because I'm sure most people have their minds made up about Mika, one way or another.

But he was still trying to establish his sound at that point so Love Today was a natural second and Big Girl (You Are Beautiful) third. Relax, Take It Easy is still his best song IMO so I just wish it had been given decent promotion when it was first released.