Mika @ The Carling Academy, Birmingham - 23-11-2007-- REVIEWS!

dcdeb

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. Here we go.

Well, because the gig on the 22nd had been so brilliantly fabulous, me and tantastic really wanted to do the one the 23rd also. Why should we waste our time at a hostel with two mean and boring frenchies if we could enjoy sweet Palladium and adorable Mika. :mf_rosetinted:

We went to see about 2 or 3 o'clock if people were already outside the academy or not. There were some, but it didn't look like any of them would have had spare tickets, so we decided to go back and do some shopping. :naughty: I bought two Russell Brand biographies. I was determined to get the Booky Wook, but I got one more. Russell is my fiance, but he doesn't tell me anything, so I have to read about him from books.

Back to Mika. That darn Russell is distracting me.

So, on our way back from the Academy we met Tia and Bexxy and others. They were all such cuties and they offered that if they saw someone with spare tickets they would buy them for us and told us to come back later. That's what we did. All MFCers were so lovely and helpful. Love, love you.

No tickets. No spare tickets at all. But we didn't give up and so we stood there like two morons. :naughty: And THEN! A nice lady came up to us and asked if we needed spare tickets, I was like "YES! :shocked: " Our problem was solved. That lady left holding 40£ and we were holding our tickets. Tickets that meant more to us than our lives at that moment. :mf_rosetinted:

Gig started. We run and got to the front row. In the middle. We were all hyper and Palladium was soooooo good. I liked the guitar guy, but the singer was okay too, so I just stared at his eyes, because these were the closest ones. :naughty:

Then came Mika and did all of his singing, dancing, banging the drums thing and I was dazzled. He even looked me in the eyes a few times. Then it was time to act like a real fan whore and wave my hands in front of his nose just to touch his hands. It worked. Easy-peasy. My hand was in his hand for a second or even two. Heaven. :mf_rosetinted:

AND. I got a blue balloon. It's on my bed now. Huge and ****ing blue. I adore blue if you haven't understood that yet.

Oh, and I wanted to say that I really like Saranayde. The first time I saw her, on the 22nd, I didn't know what to think of her. I was like "Hmm....should I like her or not." Now I know that I do like her. And for some reason I really liked Cherisse on that evening also. :naughty:

When the gig was over we waited outside to get an autograph. Finally we got in the queue and there he was.

He remembered me and tantastic. He was all like "Hi, nice to see you again." Then he asked if were gonna fly back home on Saturday, but we said that on Sunday and then he signed my ticket and Tantastic's DVD and said something that I have forgotten by now. :naughty: The last word was "girls". So it probably was something like "Thanks for coming, girls" or perhaps it was "Get lost, girls." Cause I bursted out in laughter when he started writing Tantastic's real name with a C and then tried to make a K out of it. :naughty:

The autograph I got that night says "Nai". That's really all I can read out of it. :roftl: On the 22nd I didn't let him write only his name on my CD booklet though. When he had asked "Hi. How are you?" I started ranting something about Estonia until he was all. "Oh, ok,wow, what's your name?" He must have noticed I was kinda desperate. I even got a little heart on it. Just to get rid of me, I guess. He's a clever man, I must admit, cause it worked. I walked away smiling all blissfully.:naughty:

And on the 22nd I saw her mother too. She was adorable. So friendly and lovely. She asked me if Mika was famous in Estonia also and if they played his songs on the radio. He sure is and they sure do. :das:

That's it. I am too tired to write two reports so I wrote about both nights in one.

I forgot to mention getting off the bus in the wrong city. Yes, not in the wrong station, but in the wrong city. :roftl: Then spending a fortune on a taxi. The driver was from India or something and his English was awful. Then me and tanta spent the night at the coach station. Be jealous.

I'll use Russell's words now: "Quite frankly, I do it for the sex. God bless you and goodnight. Cheers."

I have to go and cover my wall with his pictures now. Mika versus Russell. the question is: Who will win?

And food. I think I really lost weight in England cause I basically ate nothing and did a lot of dancing and jumping around. My jeans are huge for me.

I bought two Russell Brand biographies. I was determined to get the Booky Wook, but I got one more. Russell is my fiance, but he doesn't tell me anything, so I have to read about him from books.

Back to Mika. That darn Russell is distracting me.

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

Excellent write up Nicole - glad you both had a great time and managed to get tickets for the second night.

But, sadly you are deluded about Russell ...

he can't be your fiance, cos he is promised to me :wub2: :wub2: :wink2: