Mika truly shines at the Carling

dcdeb

Nov 28 2007 By Charlene Mitchell, The Journal

Mika at Newcastle Carling Academy

MIKA is the kind of artist you felt would shine on stage at a live gig.

And, boy, did he shine at the Carling Academy on Monday night. A colourfully camp performance of his major hits did not disappoint the audience as they waved their arms along to the beats of tracks such as Grace Kelly, Lollipop and Big Girl (You Are Beautiful).

The show opened with a human butterfly bursting out of a huge bubble on the stage.

Mika’s first song, Relax (Take It Easy), got everyone in the mood and they were soon going crazy for him as they jumped up and down to his distinctly original lyrics.

The electric performance, as you would expect with Mika, had its odd moments.

A giant walking skeleton, snow and confetti were not things I expected to see, but they didn’t at all surprise me.

Everyone went mad when he sung his number one hit, Grace Kelly – which spent five weeks at the top – and the stomping grew more frantic.

This was closely followed by his encore of Lollipop, which was introduced with the music to the children’s song Teddy Bears’ Picnic.

Silhouettes of teddy bears and foxes danced behind a curtain as Mika prepared for his rendition of his last song.

He bounced on to the stage as huge colourful balloons were thrown out to his adoring fans. Mika’s outrageous performance would have been a hilariously entertaining night out for any fan. His support act, Palladium, were also excellent and seem primed to make it in the world of music.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/culture-newcastle/2007/11/28/mika-truly-shines-at-the-carling-61634-20172313/

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is that quote puressence? (say what you mean, mean what you say)

Have u heard Love Song, a duet with Madonna and Prince? That's where it comes from:

Say what you mean, mean what you say

Don't go and throw our love away

This is not a love song

That I want to sing

Are you wasting my time

Am I losing my mind

I could go on and finish the song...but I won't:bleh:

Nov 28 2007 By Charlene Mitchell, The Journal

Mika at Newcastle Carling Academy

MIKA is the kind of artist you felt would shine on stage at a live gig.

And, boy, did he shine at the Carling Academy on Monday night. A colourfully camp performance of his major hits did not disappoint the audience as they waved their arms along to the beats of tracks such as Grace Kelly, Lollipop and Big Girl (You Are Beautiful).

The show opened with a human butterfly bursting out of a huge bubble on the stage.

Mika’s first song, Relax (Take It Easy), got everyone in the mood and they were soon going crazy for him as they jumped up and down to his distinctly original lyrics.

The electric performance, as you would expect with Mika, had its odd moments.

A giant walking skeleton, snow and confetti were not things I expected to see, but they didn’t at all surprise me.

Everyone went mad when he sung his number one hit, Grace Kelly – which spent five weeks at the top – and the stomping grew more frantic.

This was closely followed by his encore of Lollipop, which was introduced with the music to the children’s song Teddy Bears’ Picnic.

Silhouettes of teddy bears and foxes danced behind a curtain as Mika prepared for his rendition of his last song.

He bounced on to the stage as huge colourful balloons were thrown out to his adoring fans. Mika’s outrageous performance would have been a hilariously entertaining night out for any fan. His support act, Palladium, were also excellent and seem primed to make it in the world of music.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/culture-newcastle/2007/11/28/mika-truly-shines-at-the-carling-61634-20172313/

Absolutely fantastic. Just what Mika deserves. A review brimming over with the respect so many seem to deny him! I really wish more journalists would give him good reviews. I can't understand what's wrong with them. Mika is the best live act in the world!!!

I am also happy that Palladium got a mention. I have never seen them at a live gig, but I looked at them on YouTube, because I knew they were supporting Mika, and they are great! They really deserve to do well

Love today, from Marilyn