CANCELLED: Mika @ V Festival Gold Coast Australia March 30 2008

Blue Sky

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the ticket....probably a bit ridiculous to think I can do all three Vs but, if MIKA and band can....maybe.....

But this is just the silly sort of bookings that had him in trouble this past tour....

Got the ticket....probably a bit ridiculous to think I can do all three Vs but, if MIKA and band can....maybe.....

But this is just the silly sort of bookings that had him in trouble this past tour....

Though this is a festival, so everyone else will be doing it as well

(and most of them are also doing Perth after Melbourne)

He should be able to do it.

Copied from the Aussie thread. (duplicate post sorry)

Can I drop in here to remind us that all of the bands are going to be doing exactly what we want to do, flying from Sydney to GC for the next festival. Now we are MIKA fans, not so many of us, but there will also be flocks of other bands fans looking for ways to get there too.

Flying to Gold Coast airport looks the easiest. 30 mins from there or 60 mins from Brisbane. http://www.avica.com.au/location

The map on their Japanese page is better, go here and scroll down

http://www.avica.jp/information/index.html But we would have to get from airport to the resort. Hmmm. Shared taxi?

It might be that air tickets should be booked....like now....Virgin Blue has 3 flights to GC for $79 same price as Jetstar, but Qantas is $135 and there is only one morning flight!!

Brisbane flights are Qantas $120, haven't looked at the others yet. Interestingly, their return flights have no red e deals left for the next day. I reckon that means all the bands are flying back in the early morning....

A little more googling says...Getting to the Broadbeach from Brisbane Airport.

AirTrain from Brisbane Airport to Robina (around 90 minutes and $25.80 for Adult fare)

I think I can put together all this info in better order, but will have to wait while I go to work.

you asked on the aussie thread how far it was from GC to Ipswich. i was on the phone with hubby while i was reading that, so asked him. (we used to live there, but he's the native, not me). He said 2 and a bit hours, but of course you could use the motorway. whether that takes any time off i don't know and I can't remember if going that way takes you on any toll ways, cos there is at least one out there. he's not on the phone anymore and i'm sooo not supposed to be here. so, i'm really not that much help actually!

hmm, i am not sure, ipswich is south of brisbane, and i thought the only toll bridge was in brisbane and so you wouldn't need to go over it if you are going to GC, it has been a good 5 years since i have been there though, things might of changed.

OMG!!! Qantas has a special deal on flights from Japan which includes up to 3 free domestic sectors, booking from Dec 10-18 only and for travel departing from Jan 5 - March 31!!

That's a

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE from me!!

Myabe I really can go!

OMG!!! Qantas has a special deal on flights from Japan which includes up to 3 free domestic sectors, booking from Dec 10-18 only and for travel departing from Jan 5 - March 31!!

That's a

Myabe I really can go!

wow, thats really good!

That's a

Myabe I really can go!

It certainly sounds as though you will be making your decision soon!

I am still not sure what to do.

I want the MFC strongly represented in Australia. I want to spend time with MFCers.

BUT - This festival weekend clashes with my 21st wedding anniversary. It's also a lot of effort for a festival where I am not super-fond of the other acts, and Mika may never know we were there!

Maybe we need to work on an MFC banner, or borrow the o/s MFC flag

If we can organise ourselves so there are a few of us taking the same flights and cross country travel and we can share the experience, then it will become more appealing to me than turning up at the festival and trying to spot the MFCers among the thousands.

• 3 months later...