sending get well mika vibes

emmylou

If MIKA hadn't said something about it,

I would never have guessed

he wasn't feeling top notch at the NYC performance.

Yes, publicly always in top form, privately something else.

A sore throat alone is annoying enough, guess it's harder if you're worrying that it might prevent you from doing your job 150% on top of it.

Edited by violet_sky

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't think that the problem here is that Mika gets exposed to germs. He probably just has a weak immune system, and just picks anything up. Some people are like that naturally.

Since I was a child, I've constantly had sore throats/upper respiratory tract/throat infections every few weeks or every month or two. It doesn't make a difference that I eat healthily (which I've always done; In fact I'm a bit of a health freak when it comes to food, etc), and in general lead a 'wholesome' life, not abusing alcohol, not smoking, not really doing many 'bad' or unhealthy things at all.

It's just a natural thing, the way I am: my throat is weak, and whenever I'm a bit tired or just run down, or stressed for whichever reason, I will get a sore throat. I am not joking when I say that I have one every month more or less. Sometimes it's a full blown infection, like tonsilitis, and others it's a half baked thing that leaves me with a really painful throat for a few days, and just feeling absolutely crappy.

I've had this when I was out and about traveling, or going to work, and when I was just sitting at home doing nothing.

I guess that what I'm trying to illustrate is that the external factors that I'm exposed to don't seem to have any effect on how often I get sick, and how serious it is. I just have that weakness, and that's my constitution. In fact I'm quite healthy otherwise, never had any serious ailments, etc.... This is the one niggle that I have.

It could perfectly be the case that Mika has the same problem, in which case the fact that he's moving around and being in contact with lots of different viruses would not make a difference at all.

A normal, healthy young person has to be capable of handling this, and not require to live in a sterile bubble.

I am inclined to believe that Mika just has this same natural tendency to pick these throat infections up, and all that he needs is to work around it by scheduling plenty of rest in between gigs, so that he can recover from the stress that all the jumping around and 'high intensity' aspect of his performance puts on his body.

Hey, I've found this thread. I thought there would be one on here about Mika's health.

Mika keeps on getting ill! Apparently he has a cold and a sore throat which he mentioned at the NYC gig, and it's not long since he was saying that he wasn't well.

What do people think? Should we be recomending some good multi vitamins, or do we think he needs to put some weight on. Do we think he's eating right... or eating much at all?

I'm thinking he needs to look after himself much more than he is doing, because I for one am getting worried about these health issues he keeps having. He also complains a lot about being tired and needing to sleep. He should take care of himself, especially if he has another longer tour comming up when the album comes out.

I think he's pretty healthy, most people do get sick.

I wish people cared this much about when I got sick :roftl:

Doctor Sariflor!

So, where is Yoppappop to prescribe him chicken soup? :das::roftl:

I'm no doctor, but chicken soup is always a good thing :das: so maybe he should make a point of getting himself some chicken :mf_lustslow:

I think he's pretty healthy, most people do get sick.

I wish people cared this much about when I got sick :roftl:

Maybe if you start throwing gigs they will :naughty:

I'm no doctor, but chicken soup is always a good thing :das: so maybe he should make a point of getting himself some chicken :mf_lustslow:

If it's chicken he wants, it's chicken he gets!

...Anyone know the nearest fancy dress shop that sells a chicken outfit? :roftl:

Doctor Sariflor!

So, where is Yoppappop to prescribe him chicken soup? :das::roftl:

No joke, vegetable stock always helps with sore throat problems. Salty stuff in general does. Or maybe it just works for me. :roftl:

And chick002yellowbp8.jpg

Feel better and all the love to Mika! This is gonna sound super weird but when I lost my voice for like 3 days someone told me to drink jello juice when it's hot..like after you boil it....that and something else really weird I can't remember. I'd stick to soup personally though!

I am inclined to believe that Mika just has this same natural tendency to pick these throat infections up, and all that he needs is to work around it by scheduling plenty of rest in between gigs, so that he can recover from the stress that all the jumping around and 'high intensity' aspect of his performance puts on his body.

He? Or you? :teehee::lmfao:

I read that and thought you said "cookie" lol, I was like "cookie? Where?" :roftl:

Greedy cow :bleh::naughty:

He? Or you? :teehee::lmfao:

Yeah, I must admit that I am struggling to keep up lately :roftl: so it would be handy for me, but I did write it meaning him though

As we are in the health department can I just add that a little honey each day is can keep most infections away. But it has to be real honey bought from a bee keeper.:thumb_yello:

Preferably taken in a, not too hot, cup of tea!:wink2:

It has been my saviour for many years! :biggrin2:

As we are in the health department can I just add that a little honey each day is can keep most infections away. But it has to be real honey bought from a bee keeper.:thumb_yello:

You and your honey, Sienna! Hahahaha!! :roftl:

A lot of singers I've heard interviewed say the same. It's pretty much a staple for them.

Laugh all you want but it actually works!:wub2:

Maybe to believe in it is a part of the success?:wink2:

A lot of singers I've heard interviewed say the same. It's pretty much a staple for them.

See!:biggrin2:

Thanks Rose!:wub2:

I will not hate you!)). Mika shouts really much (not in singing but between songs as you have told) . It name illness of teachers. A laryngitis. Teachers shout at children . Mika shouts from joyful emotions). When I hear it I goan :" Oh, Mika does not protect the voice, oh, it to not care ". I cackle as the hen-brood hen above a favourite chicken:teehee:

Thanks for not hating me Lena and you are a funny cackling chocolate hen when the master chicken is involved:roftl:

I haven't thought about that, I always have had the impression that he doesn't talk much at all between his songs, but maybe I remember wrong!:wink2:

And hugging fan part...yes I know:roftl:...it can not be healty to hug and touch so many people...you're a brave woman to bring that up!:wub2:

Thanks Sienna,I was realy scared today to open this thread:sweatdrop:

hahahahaha but she's right you know