Hoosiers Copying Mika

FREDDIESDOUBLE

After Doncaster Mika was chatting about dressing up for his concerts and how he wanted to change the image somewhat as people were copying him , when chatting with him he said to me "in particular" the Hoosiers were an example of people that were copying him.

Ive just looked on the Hoosiers MySpace page and at every gig they are asking for people to dress up in fancy dress ......

Can people not get their own minds???

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After Doncaster Mika was chatting about dressing up for his concerts and how he wanted to change the image somewhat as people were copying him , when chatting with him he said to me "in particular" the Hoosiers were an example of people that were copying him.

Ive just looked on the Hoosiers MySpace page and at every gig they are asking for people to dress up in fancy dress ......

Can people not get their own minds???

:tears:

i love them soo much, you know that.

they admire him, as do i and i would take it as a compliment, mr freddie and mr mika

i know it may be annoying at first- like brothers and sisters, you get over it and learn to live with it... my brother case example

:tears:

i love them soo much, you know that.

they admire him, as do i and i would take it as a compliment, mr freddie and mr mika

i know it may be annoying at first- like brothers and sisters, you get over it and learn to live with it... my brother case example

Yeh I know you love them but thats what he said to my little face ......

Hes obviously not happy with it :boxed:

argh, i don't like copiers

it is a pity it has caused mika to change what he does... i was hoping to dress up when he comes to australia. i hope his next idea can't be topped/copied obviously

Yeh I agree , before he would be like wooooooww you all look great now he was like mmmm

it is a pity it has caused mika to change what he does... i was hoping to dress up when he comes to australia. i hope his next idea can't be topped/copied obviously

when tickets are bought you are given a special something you have to where... it is only wearable to the concert/ gig whatever you wanna call it, you are diveded into certain groups and you end up having a sing off

uncoppiable coz then noone is gonna wanna spend all the money to personalise their shows!

Hehehe, isn't Mika a bit of a 'copier' himself? :wink2:

I'm going to disagree with you there. Its not as if Mika invented "Dress-up" now is it? At the Prince gigs we were told to "wear purple"- I don't know much about David Bowie, but I believe he had the same sort of "dress-ups" going as well. It isn't fair to say that they are copying Mika if the idea itself isn't original.

Now if Mika wanted to patent something of his own- then so be it i.e. lollipop girl, big girl etc...but I don't see that happening. Why not stay as it is?? An idea, apparently, borne totally out of Mika's control (refer to TBA interview and Somerset House) and something that belongs to the fans. Or if he wanted to like he always has done, and not admitted to it, state on the tickets as a pre-requisite what the theme for the dress up should be??

It seems to be the "~controlling hand" that's going a bit too far- IMHO

To be honest i think that the whole 'dress up' thing is immature and overrated as it is, so what if someone else wants to do it - their funeral.

Mika should just move on and get a new gimic.

makes me glad i know you and babspanky!!

didn't want to be rude,

mika hun, start wearing a miserable uniform, sing boring songs, then in the middle of one of them strip down to your pants and get the fans to dress you... it would be different every night... hey presto!!:biggrin2::wink2::roftl:

ppl have always dressed up at gigs....

mayb not as big girls or lollipop girls..

mika needs to go to a scissor sisters gig and then he would see dressing up!!!

if ppl want to wear fairy wings, feather boas etc to get in2 the spirit of things why not!!

he will meet the hoosiers at bbc concert on dec 5th...he can well tell them himself!

:mf_rosetinted:

i liked the whole fancy dress issue...it added colour to the gig and made us involved in 'the project'.

anyway

no moaning if mika does not like it anymore and wants to move on...just has to find something else to amuse me! :biggrin2:

didn't want to be rude,

mika hun, start wearing a miserable uniform, sing boring songs, then in the middle of one of them strip down to your pants and get the fans to dress you... it would be different every night... hey presto!!:biggrin2::wink2::roftl:

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

No i didnt mean it in a bad way, i meant that Mika is playing up to the stereotype that the media and general public opinion has created for him, gimicks are just unique or quirky special features that makes something "stand out" from its contemporaries. However, the special feature is typically thought to be of little relevance or use. Thus, a gimmick is a special feature for the sake of having a special feature. Mica is supposedly about being 'yourself'.... i will believe it when i see it.

didn't want to be rude,

:sneaky2: Can't we just do the undressing bit? :mf_rosetinted: