Hoosiers Copying Mika

FREDDIESDOUBLE

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol... I was looking for Hoosier related thread to have my say in!

Hmmm sounds a bit b**chy the way you quoted him

"you know that when people like The Hoosiers are doing it, it's time to move on"

:sad:

So now The Hoosiers are doing it, its over?

*shrugs*

Oh well

Hm...I didn't really get the impression that he was being "bitchy" about it, to be honest.

I just thought that it was the way he often says things, he can have a bit of a funny sense of humour that can come across as "bitchy", but I didn't get a negative vibe from him towards the Hoosiers.

I don't think it's about the Hoosiers themselves but more about others doing it in general.. I see where he's coming from.. But i like the hoosiers anyway

Yes, that is my bet as well. He just wants to be "different", hence ANYONE doing it will not be his cup of tea, and he wants to find something different to do.

I wouldn't take it as a "Mika dislikes the Hoosiers" to be frank. He may like them and he may hate them, but we don't know.

And who cares anyway??:naughty:

Yeah I know what you mean... he want his gigs to be different and all that.

but everyone wants thier gigs to stand out from the crowd in order to leave a lasting impression.

I wonder if he does like them.. Not that it matters

Im a big fan of both of them.. Granted Im more of a Hoosierette then a Mikarette <or what ever the equivelent is>

Ha. Too bad The Flaming Lips never said anything like "Well, when people like Mika start playing on stage in animal costumes, you know it's time to move on..." Could have been quite a tiff there!

I'm amused that he's not tired of the animal costumes then, since others have been doing that before he even started!

Flaming Lips:

With inflatables on stage:

hug-the-sun2003.jpg

In animal costumes:

glastonbury2003animals.jpg

Balloons sent into the audience:

bubble-wayne-photo-by-john-shearer.jpg

--Jack

All I will say on this subject is

The Flaming Lips!

And Mika knows where I'm coming from.:wink2:

Exactly...:naughty: I seem to recall Mika himself saying it, with the exact wording "a la Flaming Lips" when he spoke about his costumes and inflatables at Glasto or somewhere else.

Was that not in the Somerset House footage in fact, when he's speaking to Alan? I think that's when he said it. Not sure though...

As for what he said in Donnie...I really just wouldn't make much of it, I think it was just another case of "Mika's big mouth at work" (not that I'm one to speak, I have a MASSIVE mouth, lol!), and he probably didn't really intend for it to be taken so seriously:roftl: .

I'm From Barcelona (a band from Sweden :naughty:) use huge balloons & huuuuuuuge amounts of the same sort of confetti Mika uses at his shows. Saw them at the Eurosonic festival last month, unfortunately only the last song though. I checked YouTube and found out that this band threw confetti already back in 2006. :naughty:

Wow, that Zorb balloon is cool! :thumb_yello:

• 2 weeks later...