MIKA - GRAMMY awards in LA

Blue Sky

MIKA is nominated for a Grammy in the category of Best Dance Recording for Love Today.

More info on the Grammy's here:

http://www.grammy.com/GRAMMY_Awards/Default.aspx

How the voting happens here:

http://www.grammy.com/GRAMMY_Awards/Default.aspx

From MIKA's myspace:

Hi guys

Yes, excellent news. MIKA has been nominated for a Grammy for Best Dance Recording for 'Love Today'. This is excellent and well earned recognition for the massive global impact that he has had this year.

This will be the 50th Annual Grammy Awards, prestigious stuff, and will take place on 10 February 2008 at the Staples Center, Los Angeles.

MIKA will also have the opportunity to thank his American fans when he tours the US and Canada at the end of January and early February.

Love

Mikasounds

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last interview I saw on here he said he hadn't made up his mind on whether he was going or not, but as he's not performing or presenting an award, he's under no real obligation to be there, and I think he would much rather thank the fans face to face the next night at the concert.

It is possible he will go, but seeing as he described award ceremonies as meat markets, leads me to think that if he doesn't have to show he won't, although as he'll most likely be in LA on the night, it wouldn't look good if he didn't show up, especially if he wins.

It's a bit tricky, best to wait and see.

Last interview I saw on here he said he hadn't made up his mind on whether he was going or not, but as he's not performing or presenting an award, he's under no real obligation to be there, and I think he would much rather thank the fans face to face the next night at the concert.

It is possible he will go, but seeing as he described award ceremonies as meat markets, leads me to think that if he doesn't have to show he won't, although as he'll most likely be in LA on the night, it wouldn't look good if he didn't show up, especially if he wins.

yeah i saw that also but i am hoping he will go so that way i can actually see him for once on live national telivision lol and so i can see his amazingly perfectly gorgously curled hair :wub2:

I nearly fell off my chair to see I had made this thread! That was a long while ago, guess it's getting closer by the day, eh. He said in an interview he was more worried about doing his own show the next day than the Grammy awards.

But honestly do you think he would miss turning up for US publicity??

I would say the "radio airplay" comment at the show the other night might have him swaying towards at least putting his wise ass on a seat at the Grammys.

I don't really want him to go. I mean, I'd rather he rest himself up for his show the next day instead of partying at the Grammys.

Not to be selfish or anything, but I just think it'd be better for him to rest hisself and voice and be healthier for the LA show :naughty:

He's not performing @ the grammys anyways :(

I don't really want him to go. I mean, I'd rather he rest himself up for his show the next day instead of partying at the Grammys.

Not to be selfish or anything, but I just think it'd be better for him to rest hisself and voice and be healthier for the LA show :naughty:

He's not performing @ the grammys anyways :(

Yeah I know what you mean. I just want to see him twice :naughty:

hahah

you'll be like screaming and having a heart attack xD

I can just picture it now. (well, attempting to scream :bleh: im sorry haha)

hahahah thanks for remembering :lmao: I can't wait to do some more moaning on february 11th:lmfao:

Think he'll win?

It's a major category, so I'll be shocked if they give it to Mika the dark horse. D.A.N.C.E. by Justice is the biggest threat.

I DOUBT HE WILL WIN, SINCE IT IS NOT EVEN A DANCE TRACK...:cool: HOWEVER, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN AT THE GRAMMYS....

ANYONE REMEMBERS MILLI VANILLI?????:naughty:

Is there a likelihood of him winning though? I thought not - isn't the nomination list huge?

Think he'll win?

It's a major category, so I'll be shocked if they give it to Mika the dark horse. D.A.N.C.E. by Justice is the biggest threat.

Oh yeah dance.

I heard it being played at lots of other US award shows and stuff and its been nominated in other countries for other stuff too, so who knows *shrug*

I hope mika wins though!!!!!! :naughty::groupwave:

:wub2: that would be great :blush-anim-cl: