Mika on Graham Norton again?

babspanky

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so cheesed off! They didn't film a Cool Down and didn't show Mika's interview - it was a great interview too! Mika got all shy when Graham brought up the best selling single thing and did a cute little giggle and well, he was just lovely and they cut it out! Mind you, the filming was over two hours and they cut most of the show out anyway... BUT THAT'S STILL NOT THE POINT!! We wanted the interview, and with no Cool Down we'll not get it now :thumbdown: Mika was still good though - even though they cut the bloody song too!

Sorry, there's no way of getting a copy of the uncut stuff (trust me, I tried after being so disappointed they didn't show his interview!)

that sucks big time :sad: i was very disappointed too, and now there's no way of watching it anymore :tears: thats just grrreat lol. So did they film the cooldown bit at all? or did they just.. randomly talk for the audience's pleasure? lol

that sucks big time :sad: i was very disappointed too, and now there's no way of watching it anymore :tears: thats just grrreat lol. So did they film the cooldown bit at all? or did they just.. randomly talk for the audience's pleasure? lol

I was disgusted with The Grahame Norton show. Not only did we not get to hear Mika speak, we didn't even get to hear all the song! Now it seems, the uncut version isn't going to be on on Sunday. I think I will complain. Does anyone want to join in and complain as well??

haveyoursay@bbc.co.uk

Love today, from Marilyn

I've complained to the BBC:

This is what I emailed them.

(LOL before Mika, I never used to do this sort of thing :roftl: )

I love the Graham Norton Show, but I'm writing to say how disappointed I am that there was so little airtime given over to Mika on last night's show.

Not only was his interview section not broadcast (I know he was interviewed as I know people who attended the filming) but his performance was spoilt by the end credits and voiceover.

Mika does not often do TV interviews but he is a pleasant, engaging and entertaining interviewee and I am surprised at BBC's decision to reduce his appearance to little more than 2 minutes singing, when he has been one of 2007s biggest music stars.

I understand programmes must be edited, but this has left me and a lot of other Mika fans very disappointed and let down.

yours,

Rachel F, Wigan

I love the Graham Norton Show, but I'm writing to say how disappointed I am that there was so little airtime given over to Mika on last night's show.

Not only was his interview section not broadcast (I know he was interviewed as I know people who attended the filming) but his performance was spoilt by the end credits and voiceover.

Mika does not often do TV interviews but he is a pleasant, engaging and entertaining interviewee and I am surprised at BBC's decision to reduce his appearance to little more than 2 minutes singing, when he has been one of 2007s biggest music stars.

I understand programmes must be edited, but this has left me and a lot of other Mika fans very disappointed and let down.

yours,

Rachel F, Wigan

oh wow u wrote it very well got your point across, they better read it.. or else :mf_rosetinted::biggrin2:

I could just imagine the tabloids:

"MIKA: I won't talk about my sexuality, but I do have an STD".

Poor dear. :roftl:

:roftl: :roftl: .. oh but if a dirty reporter lurks in here soon... it may well come out..:blink:

I'm so cheesed off! They didn't film a Cool Down and didn't show Mika's interview - it was a great interview too! Mika got all shy when Graham brought up the best selling single thing and did a cute little giggle and well, he was just lovely and they cut it out! Mind you, the filming was over two hours and they cut most of the show out anyway... BUT THAT'S STILL NOT THE POINT!! We wanted the interview, and with no Cool Down we'll not get it now :thumbdown: Mika was still good though - even though they cut the bloody song too!

I was very disappointed as well. The interview bit was funny and he was lovely as usual, so I don't really get why they cut it all off.

Maybe it is due to the nature of the chat, but then again that would seem a bit extreme, it was all a bit of a joke and the chat on the couch was just a bit of silliness...

I did notice that night that Mika was quite quick to drop his "present" (the box with the symbol of the STD that Graham gave each of them) on the couch, I don't think that he liked it that much....who knows what goes on behind closed doors though!.

I guess that we just won't find out.

It still sucks that they didn't even leave a bit of him speaking though, and that they cut the singing short.

oh but if a dirty reporter lurks in here soon... it may well come out..:blink:

Having been through journalism school, I can safely say that anyone who publishes an article with the only "source" being some chatter on a forum, with nothing else whatsoever to back it up, that doesn't even count as journalism. :thumbdown:

I don't know if even the dodgiest tabloids would stoop that low - I hope.

It would be amusing, though, to start making up all sorts of random sh*t to see if any of it crops up in the media.

I'll start.

Attention journalists!

Did you guys hear about how Mika used the royalties from the Grace Kelly single to put an Australian florist on retainer? He likes a particular sort of daisy that only grows near Ayers Rock, and pays £500,000/month to have a continous fresh supply shipped to his flat. :roftl:

Attention journalists!

Did you guys hear about how Mika used the royalties from the Grace Kelly single to put an Australian florist on retainer? He likes a particular sort of daisy that only grows near Ayers Rock, and pays £500,000/month to have a continous fresh supply shipped to his flat.

it's all true. And detailed. {Make sure to copy-paste every word!}:roftl:

Having been through journalism school, I can safely say that anyone who publishes an article with the only "source" being some chatter on a forum, with nothing else whatsoever to back it up, that doesn't even count as journalism. :thumbdown:

I don't know if even the dodgiest tabloids would stoop that low - I hope.

It would be amusing, though, to start making up all sorts of random sh*t to see if any of it crops up in the media.

I'll start.

Attention journalists!

Did you guys hear about how Mika used the royalties from the Grace Kelly single to put an Australian florist on retainer? He likes a particular sort of daisy that only grows near Ayers Rock, and pays £500,000/month to have a continous fresh supply shipped to his flat. :roftl:

Oh yeah, I read that somewhere..........

Attention journalists!

just wait til tomorrow's headlines :naughty:

yours,

Rachel F, Wigan

Thanks for writing in. I hope others do too. Your email is fantastic. Mika IS the best selling male artist of 2007, and should be treated much better than they have treated him.

My email basically said something similar. I said he was the best selling male artist of 2007 and he is never invited onto shows over here, so we were so disappointed at his interview being cut.

Like I said, I do hope others write in. They need to realise how popular Mika is!!

haveyoursay@bbc.co.uk

Love today from Marilyn

I still have no idea as to why they cut him out - not just the interview, but so much of "Relax" too. The people in the editing suite clearly have something wrong with them! I do know that the director and producer both like his music and that Graham only has people on the show that he likes and finds interesting, but ultimately it seems he's not involved in the final cut, just the scripts and guest choices. I still can't believe it - but there's a nre series in April so fingers crossed for another Mika visit and more coverage of him! :das:

I still have no idea as to why they cut him out - not just the interview, but so much of "Relax" too. The people in the editing suite clearly have something wrong with them! I do know that the director and producer both like his music and that Graham only has people on the show that he likes and finds interesting, but ultimately it seems he's not involved in the final cut, just the scripts and guest choices. I still can't believe it - but there's a nre series in April so fingers crossed for another Mika visit and more coverage of him! :das:

SRO told me about the next series in April when I called them about tix the other day and they told me to try again then, which I probably will, but I wanted tickets for last week as it was my birthday, so I was kind of disappointed not being able to get them then.

As far as him being on shows, we don't know he hasn't been approached to do them, he may not want to do certain shows, did anyone see Buzzcocks the other night with Patrick Wolf on, where Simon was baiting him about calling Mika a twat, he can easily turn it around on the big guy if he went on there, which I'm sure Mika is very well aware of. Don't get me wrong I like the show, but it can get a bit bitchy sometimes, and I would hate for Mika to do what Preston did and walk off and not come back, even though he could most likely hold his own and get Simon back.

It is possible that Mika only wants to appear on a few tv shows, and would rather do live shows with people who apprieciate his music. I know it's frustrating that he doesn't do much promo stuff, but he hasn't done too badly first year off the blocks.

SRO told me about the next series in April when I called them about tix the other day and they told me to try again then, which I probably will, but I wanted tickets for last week as it was my birthday, so I was kind of disappointed not being able to get them then.

As far as him being on shows, we don't know he hasn't been approached to do them, he may not want to do certain shows, did anyone see Buzzcocks the other night with Patrick Wolf on, where Simon was baiting him about calling Mika a twat, he can easily turn it around on the big guy if he went on there, which I'm sure Mika is very well aware of. Don't get me wrong I like the show, but it can get a bit bitchy sometimes, and I would hate for Mika to do what Preston did and walk off and not come back, even though he could most likely hold his own and get Simon back.

It is possible that Mika only wants to appear on a few tv shows, and would rather do live shows with people who apprieciate his music. I know it's frustrating that he doesn't do much promo stuff, but he hasn't done too badly first year off the blocks.

Hi Rose *waves* xx

I always thought I would love to see Mika on Johnathon Ross, I am surprised he hasn't been on there before now?

I wasn't talking about Mika being picky with TV shows, I was talking about Graham and how he has nothing to do with the final cut of his own show. I know what you mean about appearing on shows that showcase Mika's musical talent, and this is why I'm so miffed at So! for cutting so much of Relax out!

I was chatting to Mika and one of his mates after the show about Patrick Wolf as my sister was his tour manager at the time of the Somerset House gig - I think he's an idiot, Mika's mate didn't seem to enthralled and neither did Mika. My sister agrees that it's a case of the big green eyed monster with Patirck... maybe if he did his thing and that was it instead of calling people names (including his own fans), he might have a bit more coverage instead of being known as "that w@nker that slagged off Mika through jealousy" (as he's known in my house).