mika live lounge

hotdlp

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm re-re-re-re-relistening the Teardrops cover and I feel the need to share my feelings with you : :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

I was so blown away by the relax version that this one actually didn't strike me that much at first listening.... but now... listening again to it....

Gosh it's amaziiiiiing !!!!!!!!!!!!

Such a masterful cover of a Massive Attack song, so different of the original and still so faithful to the spirit of it... and with tabla as cherry on top... Massive Attack !!! It's next to the last thing I expected him to do, and it's just absolutely brilliant !!!!!!!!!!! i wish I had the appropriate english words to express what this song makes me feel ! :shocked:

I needed to share :blush-anim-cl:

in the forum you are sweet exactly like in the real life :blush-anim-cl:

Allegra, if you say things like that about me, so what can I say about YOU????! :wink2:

You are such a nice person, always ready to help others and well, and you have a great personality!! :thumb_yello::punk:

You're both sweet! :wub2:

Thank you for the links.

I prefer the Massive Attack version but it's a good cover! :biggrin2:

I adore the other cover. :bleh:

Just popped into say todays Live Lounge was excellent. I think Mika and Jo should be a double act on the radio, she did say he had a good voice for radio.

The performances of LT and Relax (I love how he did the whole song without singing the word Relax once) were fantastic, but Teardop was incredibly beautiful, I love that song and he really did it justice.

The Seven song shuffle, well I got 3 and one of those was The Wurzels, which when he hummed it first, I had to do a double take! (For those not from the UK, The Wurzels are a band who were big in the late '70s here and are from my neck of the woods in the West Country, they did a song called Combine Harvester, which was a parody of a song by a singer called Melanie, which was called Brand New Key, and Mika, for some godforsaken reason used it in the shuffle). I did nearly fall off the sofa when I heard it. Mika doing the Wurzels! Can't quite get my head round that.:roftl:

Loved it when Jo's son discovered the whip, Jo's reaction was priceless, and the pic of Mika holding it, is hilarious, it's on Jo's page on the R1 website.

I guess Cherisse and Sara are having a day off today as they didn't seem to be there, but the pic I saw of Martin in his shirt sleeves and a scarf on, was he not frozen! Everyone else was wearing sleeves as far as I could see.

An all round good show though, I really enjoyed it.

Thank youuuuuuuuu

:biggrin2:

(shouldn't you be studying? :sneaky2:) :naughty:

I know...:blush-anim-cl: Gonna eat sth now...and then go back to studying....

>>Downloads<<

Love Today

Relax

Teardrop

At the end of Relax I think it is, the audio skips. I have no idea why cuz I didn't record it in real time or anything. It's not that annoying though.. :angel_not:

Interview bits still to come.

Thank you for the LT link!

Cool that you also recorded the interview bits! Can't wait! :wink2:

I so should have gotten up at 3am and listened to this live. :sneaky2:

How to be clincially, certifiably obsessed with Mika:

1) Crawl under desk at work - insert headphones into computer

2) Conceal headphones under clothing

3) Cue up Radio 1 replay

4) Try not to giggle out loud - or worse, sing out loud!

5) Thank the heavens that the company president is out at meetings.

I think I should be sent to an institution...:roftl:

PS: Love his cardigan! If he were any cuter, he wouldn't be able to do Canadian concerts. They'd consider him a controlled substance, and ban him at the border.:wub2:

I so should have gotten up at 3am and listened to this live. :sneaky2:

How to be clincially, certifiably obsessed with Mika:

1) Crawl under desk at work - insert headphones into computer

2) Conceal headphones under clothing

3) Cue up Radio 1 replay

4) Try not to giggle out loud - or worse, sing out loud!

5) Thank the heavens that the company president is out at meetings.

I think I should be sent to an institution...:roftl:

PS: Love his cardigan! If he were any cuter, he wouldn't be able to do Canadian concerts. They'd consider him a controlled substance, and ban him at the border.:wub2:

Yes his cardigan is pretty nice, and I loved his t shirt too, same colour as my font.:biggrin2:

>>Downloads<<

Love Today

Relax

Teardrop

At the end of Relax I think it is, the audio skips. I have no idea why cuz I didn't record it in real time or anything. It's not that annoying though.. :angel_not:

Interview bits still to come.

:tears::wub2::tears::wub2: awww... you guys are G.R.E.A.T. this is so wonderful it makes me shed tears of happiness :tears: