Mika's Personal Life

lollipop_monkey

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, Scut, even that poll is still not nuanced enough for me.

Because I agree with you that people innocently asking "so is he gay or what?" should not be attacked with "We don't caaaare!" and that people should be allowed to say that they think he's gay/straight/frigidaire-inclined without being jumped over because "we don't talk about that."

But at the same time, I would really rather we NOT have threads delving into the minutiae of his public or not-so-public appearances to figure out if they provide any deep-hidden clues depending on whether he coughs while drinking tea, etc, since he did say he wants to keep it private so it's none of our bees wax. (Personal opinion. I know lots of people disagree.)

I'm not even sure I'd want to enforce the second bit--but still, if simply asked whether there should be discussion of "Mika's sexuality," the way things stand now, I wouldn't know what to answer. Where would you say I stand there, the way the poll is phrased? Is my position "yes"? "No"? "Maybe"?

--Jack

Actually, Scut, even that poll is still not nuanced enough for me.

Because I agree with you that people innocently asking "so is he gay or what?" should not be attacked with "We don't caaaare!" and that people should be allowed to say that they think he's gay/straight/frigidaire-inclined without being jumped over because "we don't talk about that."

But at the same time, I would really rather we NOT have threads delving into the minutiae of his public or not-so-public appearances to figure out if they provide any deep-hidden clues depending on whether he coughs while drinking tea, etc, since he did say he wants to keep it private so it's none of our bees wax. (Personal opinion. I know lots of people disagree.)

I'm not even sure I'd want to enforce the second bit--but still, if simply asked whether there should be discussion of "Mika's sexuality," the way things stand now, I wouldn't know what to answer. Where would you say I stand there, the way the poll is phrased? Is my position "yes"? "No"? "Maybe"?

--Jack

I'm not sure. How would you suggest wording the question? Should we have a third "in between" response?

I'm not sure how many people other than me would have this problem, though.

If my viewpoint is fairly unique and most people fall into the yes/no camps, maybe I can just abstain from voting after having expressed my preferences as stated above?

--Jack

i read the last posts only : what about

"should we ban discussions about mika's personal life on the MFC CARING OR NOT CARING about it ?"

- yes definitely

- no not at all, we can talk about everything

- no cause it's a topic we have the right to discuss like any other BUT mods have to watch and react when they think it goes "too far" (fights, vulgarity) without going to censorship"

"should we ban discussions about mika's personal life on the MFC CARING OR NOT CARING about it ?"

- yes definitely

- no cause it's a topic we have the right to discuss like any other BUT mods have to watch and react when they think it goes "too far" (fights, vulgarity) without going to censorship"

Hiya Yoppy

And heres lies what we have the MFC will have views right across it .. so most in this thread want to talk about it , there are many in other threads very unhappy about this ... solution ... ???

Hiya Yoppy

And heres lies what we have the MFC will have views right across it .. so most in this thread want to talk about it , there are many in other threads very unhappy about this ... solution ... ???

yo fred ! :biggrin2:

i don't think "we" are unhappy to talk about his sexuality... i think people who are unhappy are unhappy because it automatically tends to try and FIND an answer we will never have, AND because one of the 2 possible hypothesis is considered as "the bad one"...

i personally don't care about the answer neither people discussing the topic if they're pleased with it, it's a free world, hence my 3rd proposition for the hypothetic poll i won't create.

but i will continue and say when i don't agree with stigmatizing one of his possible orientations.

Well reading about what all of you have said, you obviously pay attention to anything he says, as i do to. I always look for clues when it comes to his sexuality, Billy brown led to me thinking he is gay, but if he is gay and wouldnt publicly say it thaen why would he make such a track. i also thought maybe he made that track for his gay fans... he doesnt seem to hold anything against anyone! Big girls, love and in his videos he has black, white, muslims everything!!! I agree with the fact that maybe we are scared (including me) to find out his gay, not because i have anything against it, but because it would ruin my fantasy of me and him hahahah:blush-anim-cl: . Maybe he has thought this in general and vice versa for him not being gay, how many dreams, but if he keeps it a secret he keeps our dreams dreams, which is better i suppose (but i would like to know lol).

But either way il always love him and his music :wink2:

- yes definitely

Should we make it specific to sexuality or make it broader to personal life in general? With regards to family, I think that most people agree that it's a no-go zone.

I like your response options.

Should we make it specific to sexuality or make it broader to personal life in general? With regards to family, I think that most people agree that it's a no-go zone.

I like your response options.

i think this is the less "biased" we can do (well, this is the less biased i could come with...).

and i didn't aim to orient the poll only to his sexual orientation, but to everything in general... i don't care either about his siblings... no offense to any of them of course, but i doubt they care about mine so it's all good :naughty:

so sexual orientation, sibblings, the 3rd option would mean we could discuss about them if we're pleased to but under close watch from the mods without censorship...

i think this is the less "biased" we can do (well, this is the less biased i could come with...).

and i didn't aim to orient the poll only to his sexual orientation, but to everything in general... i don't care either about his siblings... no offense to any of them of course, but i doubt they care about mine so it's all good :naughty:

I get what you mean. But some people, such as my self, are against posting personal things (e.g. about his family who are not in the public eye) but not against discussing his sexuality (as long as, again, no one posts anything private). How would I vote for your hypothetical poll? While they're part of the same area, they're different topics IMO.

what about :

- yes definitely banned

- no we don't ban at all, we can talk about everything

- no we don't ban : cause it's a topic we have the right to discuss like any other BUT mods have to watch and react when they think it goes "too far" (fights, vulgarity) without going to censorship"

- no we don't ban : we can speculate about sexuality (under close watch from the mods) but no discussions/photos about non public family members at all

- no we don't ban : speculation about sexuality AND discussions/photos of non public family members are both allowed under close watch from the mods

hi,

I tried to read as much as possible of this thread and give my own opinion. Most of the things have been said, so just about the poll:

seems like a good idea to me. It should be running long enough and people should be encouraged to vote for it but not without serious concidering their answer before voting. If feel like, if you vote too fast, your answer is not thought-trough (it that a word?)

Yop, I like your suggestion for the poll. It needs to have enough "nuance", not just black or white options.

I'll vote for sure. It's important to participate I think. In the end this is a forum for everyone, and I'd hate to see freedom of speech fading away.

-Stien-

hi,

I tried to read as much as possible of this thread and give my own opinion. Most of the things have been said, so just about the poll:

seems like a good idea to me. It should be running long enough and people should be encouraged to vote for it but not without serious concidering their answer before voting. If feel like, if you vote too fast, your answer is not thought-trough (it that a word?)

Yop, I like your suggestion for the poll. It needs to have enough "nuance", not just black or white options.

I'll vote for sure. It's important to participate I think. In the end this is a forum for everyone, and I'd hate to see freedom of speech fading away.

-Stien-

Nice comments :thumb_yello:

I have to disappear for a while and have something supposedly called a "life". Please continue making suggestions for the poll while I'm gone.

If you want you can post it while I'm away, I don't mind. If we're not going to limit it to sexuality, then I see it as having two main objectives: 1) what aspects of Mika's personal life should be censored and 2) to what degree should they be censored. Just make sure that the options aren't biased to any one view and that the options cover most opinions

If not, I'll be back later to do it myself. Ciao!

I'm back:biggrin2:

I agree with you, and I'm so glad you brought this up because there were always many things I would've liked to have discussed, but was a little afraid of people's reactions to what I'd say:thumbdown:

THANK YOU!

:naughty: we can be soo reactive...c'mon, say what you want:thumb_yello:

I'm soooo disappointed to see it has gone so far. I am speechless.

Ok Niki :wub2:

We have a forum here .. some people dont at all costs want to discuss his private life , they think its an insult and we should respect him , the other side thinks we should as its a free world and free speech ...

The poll was just to get a feeling for it ,"maybe" several outspoken members are describing their feeling but its not a true representation of the MFC as a whole

Wadda think?