New PixelArt Debuts with Mika

Droopsy

a5905.jpg!OpenImageResource

Mika is one of the most exciting new artists to hit the scene in a very long time. The Anglo-Lebanese popstar’s latest tour – Mika Dodgy Holiday – is big on spectacle, beginning with an angel-winged dancing girl bursting out from a bubble, and ending with the entire band dressed in animal costumes.

Lighting designer Ian Tomlinson has worked with Mika since his first tour, and wanted to inject a more rock and roll element into the theatrical performance. The rig included a battery of Martin moving lights providing a beam look to the show, whilst PixelPars and PixelArt added audience loving eye candy.

Tomlinson enthuses about PixelArt: “PixelArt achieved the look I was hoping for and more. When I first saw the demo in the warehouse I knew they would integrate with the design and add the desired effect. They were also a big hit with Mika, and his mum!”

The PixelArts created a wall behind the band and featured a mixture of homemade video content provided by system technician Andy Rowe and stock footage. The lighting was controlled by a Roadhog and the PixelArts controlled by a Catalyst media server. All the lighting was supplied by Adlib.

PixelArt is a modular LED video product allowing designers to build their own custom display surface. Each batten consists of 6 x 72 tri-coloured LED pixels, each pixel being individually controllable. The VideoMapper controller streams a video source out to the attached fixtures.

http://news.etnow.com/etnews.nsf/0/3d743eee08ff6595802573b80036a05a?OpenDocument

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mika is one of the most exciting new artists to hit the scene in a very long time. The Anglo-Lebanese popstar’s latest tour – Mika Dodgy Holiday – is big on spectacle, beginning with an angel-winged dancing girl bursting out from a bubble, and ending with the entire band dressed in animal costumes.

Lighting designer Ian Tomlinson has worked with Mika since his first tour, and wanted to inject a more rock and roll element into the theatrical performance. The rig included a battery of Martin moving lights providing a beam look to the show, whilst PixelPars and PixelArt added audience loving eye candy.

Tomlinson enthuses about PixelArt: “PixelArt achieved the look I was hoping for and more. When I first saw the demo in the warehouse I knew they would integrate with the design and add the desired effect. They were also a big hit with Mika, and his mum!”

The PixelArts created a wall behind the band and featured a mixture of homemade video content provided by system technician Andy Rowe and stock footage. The lighting was controlled by a Roadhog and the PixelArts controlled by a Catalyst media server. All the lighting was supplied by Adlib.

PixelArt is a modular LED video product allowing designers to build their own custom display surface. Each batten consists of 6 x 72 tri-coloured LED pixels, each pixel being individually controllable. The VideoMapper controller streams a video source out to the attached fixtures.

http://news.etnow.com/etnews.nsf/0/3d743eee08ff6595802573b80036a05a?OpenDocument

? ? Comments?

I am leaving work now.

I expect by the time I get home, a full history on this Andy Rowe.

? ? Comments?

I am leaving work now.

I expect by the time I get home, a full history on this Andy Rowe.

And there was me calling him a cameraman, I stand corrected!

I know he worked in a town planners office after he left university, where he studied film making and I think not long after that he got employed by the big guy to do all the filming for the tour.

That's all I know, I swear.

And there was me calling him a cameraman, I stand corrected!

I know he worked in a town planners office after he left university, where he studied film making and I think not long after that he got employed by the big guy to do all the filming for the tour.

That's all I know, I swear.

Are you sure? *points a blinding light directly in Rose's eyes*:smoke:

where were you before Andy's reference popped up in that article?

are we sure it's the same Andy?

Mellody said once that there are 3 andy's in the credits for the DVD

3??? :shocked: I always said Andy wasn't a great name:roftl:

*read the dvd page* Executive Producer: Andy Holland

can't find others Andys

3??? :shocked: I always said Andy wasn't a great name:roftl:

that's what I remember

Well, I'm not sure, I did think that some google whores would have done a bit of research by now though.......

I do like how u underlined the "homemade video content"

But,didn't he employ Andy just on this tour? the stage presentation and all had to take place way before this thing started,and that footage must have been shot ,again,before that

Now from a very innocent perspective,we can exclude Randy Dandy Sandy Mandy...but bab is so nice to help us out with the suspicion issue :biggrin2:

that's what I remember

But,didn't he employ Andy just on this tour? the stage presentation and all had to take place way before this thing started,and that footage must have been shot ,again,before that

Now from a very innocent perspective,we can exclude Randy Dandy Sandy Mandy...but bab is so nice to help us out with the suspicion issue :biggrin2:

To be honest, I had no clue what footage he was talking about - I didn't see any?

• 2 weeks later...

I actually ran across a very similar article to this one today, with the photo

that's here already only larger and another one:

Mika_16.JPG

mika17055_16.jpg

Well, I'm not sure, I did think that some google whores would have done a bit of research by now though.......

OK, I confess, I am a bit of a google whore now and then... :blush-anim-cl:

And I did look and Andy (?) the cameraman

is not the same as this Andy Rowe

the lighting guy, based on some photos I found of him online.

Sorry. :naughty:

dcdeb

Tomlinson enthuses about PixelArt: “PixelArt achieved the look I was hoping for and more. When I first saw the demo in the warehouse I knew they would integrate with the design and add the desired effect. They were also a big hit with Mika, and his mum!

:roftl: that made me laugh!

Really, I can see them looking at the demo, Mika and his mum. I think she's a very strong behind-the-scenes-character.

I think we have no idea on how much she has to say in the wholo process and how close they really are.

that's what I remember

Martin told us that Andy is now part of the crew, I think intially he was just going to be filming the European/UK shows, but from what I gather he is being kept on, not sure what he'll be doing though.

I didn't realise Mika had so many Andy's working for him, maybe thats why John calls him Andrew, to avoid confusion.:naughty:

Martin told us that Andy is now part of the crew, I think intially he was just going to be filming the European/UK shows, but from what I gather he is being kept on, not sure what he'll be doing though

I have my ideas about that...:mf_rosetinted: